The Student Room Group

Are these good A levels for Computer Science

Hello, I have just recently gained an interest in computer science, and I was wondering whether or not my A levels are good choices, because I originally chose them with a Physics degree in mind. Bear in mind I am Doing further maths, so I already have a A in Maths As and will be finished with the A level at the end of the year, then I will start FM next year.

Economics
Physics
Chemistry
Maths
Further Maths
(WBQ)

So, what do you think, because I'm worried about whether I should have chosen Computing or ICT instead of Chemistry or Economics.

Also, what are the Employment Prospects like in Computer Science?

Cheers in advance, D'ya Get Meh?
Reply 1
Short answer YES

Dont worry about not doing Computing or ICT, since most of it is covered at least in your first term/year.

What i would do is ,if your not already is learn some basic programming, i would suguest Java. If you havent already :smile:
Also have a look at Database stuff, either Oracle or mysql. You can try microsoft access. But Oracle and MYSQL tend to be the ones in Uni
And If you really good and up for it try doing some Apps for phones etc :

AS for employment prospects, as good as any other Bsc degree. Perhaps not as much money in it some IB jobs lol
So long as youve got maths and solid subjects it doesnt really matter. You have maths and other well regarded subjects, so yes.
I did maths, economics, and ICT along with physics AS and it was fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending