The Student Room Group

Happiest you've ever been playing a videogame? ‎

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
In 2003:

[video="youtube;--NyAqWRpxw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--NyAqWRpxw[/video]
Original post by popple7
ffx was the first game that really tugged at the heartstrings, i just love that game so much, i adore every moment of it. and the final scenes at the end make me sob still.

but happy happy, in terms of memories... probably playing multiplayer on goldeneye and mario kart 64 with my bros. even though i was **** and never won, there were lots of lolz and they cant be beat for multiplayer awesomeness.

and an honourable mention: GTA vice city... smashing golfers up with their own golf clubs and driving over their mangled bodies in a caddy to Vrock.... ****, the day that **** doesnt make me warm on the inside, smash my brains in with a golf club and run over me with a caddy to make sure im dead please.

Absolutely loved all the final fantasy games, 10 was my favourite. Played it through a few times. Think it's being remade. Give me a reason to play it again after several years.
Getting out of the valut in Fallout 3(?)

As you might have realised by now, I suck at video games.
Reply 283
Beating the Pokemon League on Red Version for the first time, in the early hours of the morning in the 90's. **** yeah, Metapod in my party.
My brother and I buying a random cheap game selection from the Staples pc section with our 50p pocket money and playing them on our family pc. They were kinda crappy games, but we'd never really owned any games before them, so it was really exciting for us. :biggrin:
Reply 285
Playing Final Fantasy X and having played 400+ hours and still enjoy the game! Still never managed to reach 100% completion.

Every moment of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

Beating one race after smashing my first controller due to that race haha, Need For Speed: Underground 2

Miss the good ol' days, so many ps2 games that were just simply amazing, games today are designed to make money, not to entertain which is an utter chame.
(edited 11 years ago)
Every second of playing spyro enter the dragon me and spyro were like that lol :crossedf:
Reply 287
best: watching someone I played with win $200k at codxp
Probably when I reached 99 Fletching in Runescape. (After a very long and boring grind)
Beating the Pokemon league in every game I've owned (all of them paha) I still get that feeling even if it's the billionth time. :h:
Winning my first match on Pokemon Online
After figuring out how to use the map on Runescape :colondollar:
Beating my cousin 5 times in a row in Tekken 6 :colonhash:
The first time I figured out how to make Tails fly in the Sonic game
Beating my brother at Fifa the first time I played
Every time I win a match on Mortal Combat VS DC Universe

Angry birds doesn't count does it? LOL
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 290
Crafting my first full set of Daedric armor
Killing Jon Irenicus in BG2: Shadows of Amn. A truly great moment
Dinging my first 80 on WoW
The first time i played Morrowind, got off the boat at Seyda Neen and was just overwhelmed by the number of options available. Decided to wander up to Balmora cos i'd seen it on my paper map, figured it'd take 1 or 2 minutes.

10 minutes and several furious battles with Cliff Racers later and i started to appreciate how ****ing epic that game was going to be. I'd never seen anything like it before, not by a long shot.
Playing absolute ***** on pro clubs and losing two nil due to a defensive error and then a gk error, get one back on the 82nd min, then 2 in the 90th min to win - I scored 2 :smile:
Reply 295
Beating Tales of Symphonia for the first time when I was 13. It was such a long and emotional game that finishing it was like coming to the end of a journey with the characters, and the ending scene almost had me in tears. I replayed it over and over that summer.

Playing FFVII for the first time. I was miserable, alone and bullied at school, and every afternoon I'd come home, dump my school bag, get a snack and happily lose myself in Gaia for hours. It sounds pathetic, but to a lonely kid with no one else, those were characters were like friends. I tear up a little bit whenever I hear the FFVII main theme... it's so nostalgic. It feels like coming home.

I sound like a softy but I had a pretty sucky childhood, and contrary to "all video games are evil blah" they actually helped me a lot.
Probably playing Crash Bash
I don't know. When I look back on videogames I loved them as a kid - sonic games on the megadrive, FF7/8 on the PS1, they were awesome, great times. I got a ps2 in my teens and never really got into it, didn't really play a video game from about 16 till 24. Then for some reason I bought a ps3 earlier this year but hardly touch it except for netflix, it just feels so... pointless. I've bought 6 games and only played one of them more than maybe 5-6 times. So yeah, games are probably better now, but it was probably the 90's the last time I really enjoyed them.
(edited 11 years ago)
When Metal Gear Solid 4 came out, I raided my bank account and bought a PS3 for that sole reason.

Me and my brother sat down at like 9.30am, fired up the PS3, and played until we finished it at about midnight.

It was ridiculous fun (we had spent the whole previous summer European Extreme-ing 2 and 3 so had played them to death).

And then this happens. spoilers obv.

Spoiler

Original post by IlexBlue
Beating Tales of Symphonia for the first time when I was 13. It was such a long and emotional game that finishing it was like coming to the end of a journey with the characters, and the ending scene almost had me in tears. I replayed it over and over that summer.

I love that game. So much! Need a replay.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 299
My happiest time playing a video game would be Grand Theft Auto IV.
I played this game for years with a group of friends online we would always have such a laugh in free roam. I am eagerly awaiting number V

Quick Reply

Latest