The Student Room Group

Happiest you've ever been playing a videogame? ‎

just thought i would start this thread considering how well the angriest you have got is doing , so when have you been happiest playing a video game?

mine would be when me and a mate were playing Fifa (cant remember which one) and we were 1-0 down with about 10 mins to go , we got to 1-1 , then we were starting to get annoyed as we pushed for the winner , it was corner and it got turned away and my mate was really annoyed just smashed the ball really powerfully into the net , we cheered for a bit after that.

Scroll to see replies

I wouldn't say im happy at a game too often, but plenty of times something has happened in a game that has forced me to stop playing because ive been laughing so much.

Actually, there are four moments that stick out for me. The first is when John Marston meets his family again in RDR. The second one is the ending Assassin's Creed Revelations. Whilst Revelations was a bit of a disappointment on the whole, the ending was done really well I thought. The way it wrapped up both the Ezio and Altair story lines, as well as seeing Ezio finally happy after years of fighting and losing everyone he cared about, was rather nice. The only downside was you then knew that you'd never play as either of them again. The third is when I first beat the Pokemon League on Pokemon Red. And the last one is from a year or two ago when I bought Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles on the XBL Arcade. I originally had the MegaDrive versions when I was a kid but I never completed them, or really understood what was going on. Finally completing them was fantastic. :love:
(edited 12 years ago)
Last August I finally managed to beat the spider on Zelda: Ocarina of Time on my Nintendo 64. After about 10 years of trying I managed it but then I found out I had only done about 5% of the whole game, but I was still VERY pleased and I saw it as beating the game.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
First time i came out the sewers in Oblivion, epicness.
I have a lot of good moments with games, but the one I'm thinking of right now is playing QWOP for the first time, taking turns at the computer with my brother and my flat-mate, watching each other make a complete mess of it and gradually learning how to do it :biggrin:

Oooh! And the first time I played World of Warcraft. I was a massive Warcraft 3 fan and since the announcement of WoW I was incredibly excited about being able to play as a hero in that world. I'd never played an MMO before and it was an amazing experience.

More recently, finishing the opening section of Skyrim, looking at the mountains around me and realising that rather than these being the background, these were real landmarks not even half the way across the map. I played a lot of Oblivion and probably even more Morrowind but that was truly fantastic. Then shortly after starting, I went through a series of weird quests and emerged out of a cave at midnight to find some Thalmor agents - they had a prisoner and I had the option to free him, so I did and had the most intense battle I'd had in the game yet. Then in the quiet afterwards some giants wandered along and I watched them trudge along through the night from a distance. I had a very distinct feeling of being in a real world without any of it being part of a script - magical.

Also more recently, listening to the narrator in Bastion. It's such an effective device having him talk about all the things that you're doing.
(edited 12 years ago)
Playing Metal Gear Solid on the playstation whilst using the camo suit which you get from Otocan. Going upto guards and punching them and seeing them get confused used to entertain me for hours.
When I (by I, I mean Soap McTavish) threw that knife straight into Shepherd's eye.

After what that bastard did to Ghost and Roach...Man I was so happy.
The interaction between the two robots in the 2 player version of Portal 2 made me quite happy. Just playing Portal 2 in general was quite nice, except when I got stuck.
Another: every scene in FFVII that featured the Turks.

And another: Portal where you are about to be incinerated - the panic, then realising you can escape using portals. Until then, the game is a very good puzzle game with a fun quirk. At that point, it becomes one of the most compelling game experiences around.

Aaaaaaand another: turtling up on Total Annihilation, on that one map that was all metal walkways - setting up a ton of artillery to shell your opponents into oblivion while your units and the enemy's grind each other to a standstill, with so much wreckage it blocks all of the walkways.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Every time I play a simple game, such as Angry Birds or Draw Something. I suffer from panic attacks but the repitition in these sort of games I find soothing and calming. They make me happy.
Reply 10
First time I got an AAA on a Dancing Stage game ha. Oh how it seems so small a win now.
first fissure of woe armour on guild wars
In Uncharted 3 when I found out... (Major spoiler for those of you who haven't played it yet!)

Spoiler

"I BEAT THE WATER TEMPLEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!"

- Me playing LoZ: Ocarina of Time

... And then I forgot to save it.
Completing Pokemon Blue remains a great childhood memory!
Reply 15
The first time i beat Iblis with silver on sonic the hedgehog 2006. Took months of continuous play to finally take the life bar to zero by throwing rocks at it. maaaaan!!!
When I finally discovered the method one uses to push a block on Tomb Raider. Simpler times.
Original post by Birchington
Completing Pokemon Blue remains a great childhood memory!

I remember I was literally shaking when I got to the point where you have to beat Gary, right at the end.... The first time I failed, second time I won and I was like "I DID IT!! I'M A POKEMON MASTER!!!" :colondollar:
Oh the times
Reply 18
My first time playing GTA3, all the way back in 2001. Ah, such bliss was to be had from stomping vagrants into the ground for hours on end.
Reply 19
When I figured out strip black jack was a game of 21. :awesome:

Seriously, I couldn't even remember. There have been plenty of times where I've been happy playing a game, but I couldn't tell you when I was the happiest.

Quick Reply

Latest