Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Gay, Christian and Proud!

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If anyone else ticks all these boxes, let's shout it out!

Happy Easter everyone!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Erm.... proud of what exactly?

Your sexual orientation or religious attitude isn't something to be 'proud' of. You didn't achieve them, they are merely a part of who you are.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amime)

Your sexual orientation or religious attitude isn't something to be 'proud' of. You didn't achieve them, they are merely a part of who you are.

Happy 'Celebrating a man getting stabbed in the hands/nailed to a cross' day.
    That was Friday, today is slightly happier
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What are you on about? Easter is the celebration of how the Easter Bunny died for our chocolate eggs, and rose from the dead three days later to hide them in our gardens.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    TSR's intellectual quotient reverts back to the mean. Thanks guys, it was fun wwhile it lasted.......

HAHAHAHA!
    • 85 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm unsure about my sexuality but hey, I'll join in the fun Happy Easter to you too, happyhands
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Happy Easter!
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tudball)
    What are you on about? Easter is the celebration of how the Easter Bunny died for our chocolate eggs, and rose from the dead three days later to hide them in our gardens.
    You were not supposed to know...

• 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations, you pray and like a bum. I was rather of the impression that pride derives from achievements?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Heterosexual, atheist and proud here. So proud of myself. xx
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plimsolls)
    Heterosexual, atheist and proud here. So proud of myself. xx
    Me too :awesome:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pride is a sin.

EDIT: This is a joke btw, don't want any offence taken
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    gay and lapsed catholic here

not that I really see that as any achievement to be proud of.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amime)

Happy 'Celebrating a man getting stabbed in the hands/nailed to a cross' day.
    I agree. 'Proud' is a very wrong word to use. No one should be proud of themselves for being who they are because they didn't achieve this. You don't hear some people shouting out 'I'm proud for being straight and an athiest!'.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Everyone should be proud of who they are, whether straight, gay, religious or not. It's nice to be happy with yourself!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summer_Lovin)
    Everyone should be proud of who they are, whether straight, gay, religious or not. It's nice to be happy with yourself!
    I'm not denying it's good to be happy about your life and how you've 'turned out', I'm simply saying being 'proud' doesn't make sense.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yay lets celebrate jebus' deathday. I loved the part when they nailed him to the cross. :ahee:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    At least someone in this thread is normal then!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adsm_inamorta)
    I agree. 'Proud' is a very wrong word to use. No one should be proud of themselves for being who they are because they didn't achieve this. You don't hear some people shouting out 'I'm proud for being straight and an athiest!'.
    Er, yes they should. Gay people in particular claim to be proud due to being shoved into the shadows for generations. Being proud of being yourself is a wonderful thing. Theres no need to add conditions onto it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Isn't pride a strange word to use though? It implies that it's something you've put work in to achieve, being any of those things. It's equally stupid to say you're proud of your race, or where you were born.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 15, 2012
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.