Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mancini wants an even bigger squad . . Again.

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/7658422/

Just read this, and i have come to the realisation he won't be happy until he has all the premier leagues best players. I really hope City miss out on the title now, before this i had been all for City beating United, but Mancini has just proved to me what a fool he is, absolutely incapable of being a top manager if he believes his squad lacks quality in depth. I would love to see what he says about the teams like Everton and Bolton, maybe in his world, they have a vast array of footballing talent.

Be interesting to see what City fans think of this. Are they as blind as he is, are they sat rubbing their hands together at the prospect of signing 2 more world class strikers for their reserves.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its obvious that city are just going to keep throwing money around until they win the title, its all they know how to do now.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mancini is so dumb United are going to win the title with a weaker squad than City's - MAYBE ITS A INTERNAL PROBLEM
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    David Silva looks like he's going to collapse. He's played a lot of games. His performance in the second half of the season has been nowhere near his first half performance.
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    LOL!!

Mancini has spent well over £200 mil on new players and by the end of the season he will have nothing to show for it. I genuinely believe that Manchester United will continue to keep winning the PL because Ferguson has something Mancini cannot buy, experience!!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    The way I see this is like Chelsea just before the 04/05 season. They had already spent £100m+ the season before and had a great team, but it wasn't quite ideal: there were still some slight gaps that needed filled. So before the 04/05 season, they bought Carvalho, Drogba and Robben (and Mourinho ), three of the best players that year for Chelsea (Carvalho, in particular, made an excellent partnership with John Terry). Man City are in a similar position. Despite them having the best squad in the Premiership, there's still some clear weaknesses that need addressed. Chelsea changed up significantly (including a manager change) and won the league the next season. I imagine City are aiming for something similar.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    There is still some obvious gaps in their squad regardless of how much money they've spent prior to this campaign.

They haven't got proper width and they would need at least two wingers.

They would still need another defensive midfielder.

Maybe a new attacking midfielder (although Im sure Nasri and Aguero can take the burdon off Silva)

Some obvious areas needed to strengthen.

However, even then, their squad this season is by far better than anyone's in the league and yet again the League will go to Man Utd because Ferguson knows how to win.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    He's moaned about it all season, pretty weak excuse.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    All he says is if two players leave we need to replace them?

And the 3 or 4 more players with a strong mentality is obviously a hint that some of our players need to grow up.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    How can Mancini moan about injuries?

We've had the most injuries in the league.

The title race would've been over already if we had Smalling, Jones and Vidic fit all all season.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    How can Mancini moan about injuries?

We've had the most injuries in the league.

The title race would've been over already if we had Smalling, Jones and Vidic fit all all season.
    Not to mentioned the injury twins, owen, anderson, nani, young, cleverly, fletcher, rio and valencia have all been out through injury at some point this season.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Balotelli needs to go.
    Dzeko is utter ****.
    City have been playing with a single striker all season tbh and now just finally are getting Tevez back who I'm pretty sure is leaving as well.
    Cavani will be bought and Guidetti will rotate.
    They need a replacement for De Jong he's been off form since his injury.
    They need someone to rotate with Silva.
    They need a better left back.

In : Cavani,Adriano,Bender,Hazard
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by facdroit)
    Balotelli needs to go.
    Dzeko is utter ****.
    City have been playing with a single striker all season tbh and now just finally are getting Tevez back who I'm pretty sure is leaving as well.
    Cavani will be bought and Guidetti will rotate.
    They need a replacement for De Jong he's been off form since his injury.
    They need someone to rotate with Silva.
    They need a better left back.

In : Cavani,Adriano,Bender,Hazard
    No.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    They would still need another defensive midfielder.
    Yaya Toure, Gareth Barry, Nigel De Jong, Owen Hargreaves, K.Toure can back up there...

And we can all complain about City's spending, but we could also complain about United's endless penalties. too...
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would like to see what Wenger would do if he had that type of money, perhaps a better job than Mancini.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Terrible season for him. Out of all 4 cups and probably won't catch Utd in the league. 0/5. Poor ROI.
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-Jam)
    Yaya Toure, Gareth Barry, Nigel De Jong, Owen Hargreaves, K.Toure can back up there...

De Jong is on his way out - contract talks have stalled and he's been reduced to a squad player. Hargreaves may as well be dead for all he's done at City/over the last few years. He can't hack it anymore, lost the bottle needed to play consistently at the highest level.

City need a DM and a winger - one to replace De Jong and to allow Toure to come in for Silva for certain games. Silva has looked tired over the last 7/8 games. A winger is needed to push the others to another level.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    We need a winger who can out run the thugs we face every week. And replacing De Jong with a good midfielder would help, preferably a younger version of Pizarro who is an absolute beaut.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    The irony of this coming from a Chelsea supporter.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Its obvious that city are just going to keep throwing money around until they win the title, its all they know how to do now.
    I hope they can convince UEFA that FFP is working then.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 19, 2012
New on TSR

What do you think of the BBC?

UK Parliament wants to hear your views

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.