Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Eyeshadow

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    So I'm a real novice when it comes to eyeshadow, and I'm kind of intimidated by all the different varieties and brushes.

From watching tutorials and reading stuff online I've just about gathered that you should start with a primer, apply base, a darker colour to the crease of your eye, then use a highlight towards the browbone.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any palettes which incorporate all these in an all-in-one kind of thing? Or just tell me where to start building up the essentials...

I've found this Benefit Smokin' Eyes one: http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/prod...ew/smokin-eyes
    but they're not really the colours I'm going for (I know the pink would look horrible on me).

Also, this one from Sephora? http://www.sephora.com/pro-lesson-pa...e-eyes-P291427
    Is Sephora make-up good quality?

P.S - Also, sounds stupid, but does it really matter what colour primer you go for?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Urban decay naked palette is a great one

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	urbandecay_nakedpalette007.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	140890
    and the urban decay potion primer is the best primer I have ever used, and many many people agree
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	UrbanDecay.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	140891
    also invest into a good eye shadow brush, I have one from Benefit called the fluff brush, you can use it to apply and blend aswell, no need to buy 2 different brushes. Watch a few more tutorials online then try it yourself, you get better with experience, have fun
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Just wanted to recommend you Naked by Urban Decay as swaggiee did. It's amazing palette, many neutral colours which are really easy to use and combine Eyeshadows is fun!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    sephora is very good quality yes!
    wish we had it over here

the naked palette is good but as you're novice i'd get something a little cheaper first until you're more experienced so won't be wasting expensive eyeshadow when you're only getting used to it
    try MUA's heaven and earth palette or sleeks au naturale palette
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    bare minerals is amazing and the only makeup that is 100% natural minerals - it's great for the skin. there eyeshadows are v good, there original eyelid primer is great. primer gives u an extra bit of hold. the 'soul' eyeshadow is a really fantastic highlighter as are the shadows tho would depend on what look/eyecolour on which to choose from
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love the Rimmel Quad eyeshadows. They come in colours that compliment each other really well and they last for ages during the day Also, if you want to highlight your eyes in a subtle way, you could try the Rimmel eye definer. It's basically a soft pencil, with a smudge thing on the other end which you can use for blending. It's also really quick and easy to apply
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    If you decide the look you want and find what colours you need, get some from MAC. They are very highly pigmented so show up well. Expensive but worth the money. Many of the tutorials on Youtube are using MAC products and will tell you the exact names etc.

Or you could go into the store and ask, but if your like me you'll be too embarassed too
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    sorry to be a bore i can't rem how to start a thread on this can someone help???

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 15, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.