(Original post by sexbo)
Heres what happened at my parental home last year.
I went to my mates house and stayed there till 5am. I returned home around 6am, everything was quiet everyone seemed to be asleep and went to bed. I wake up around middday to the sound of my entire family gathered in the kitchen having a really loud and heated discussion. They told me that about an hour before I came home they heard the hallway table moving the most gigantic bang coming from the hallway that sounded a lot like the front door slamming open. I say slamming open
because the door is positioned in such a way that if you open it fully the inside of the door will knock against a wall in the hallway.
Now here's where it gets really weird;
If the door had really slammed open then it would have been found open when my mum and her bf immediately ran into the hallway to see what the commotion was. No. It was still locked shut
they said. Naturally I became skeptical and surmised that if the door was still loacked shut when they checked then they must have heard something else. However
, upon inspecting the inside of the door i saw something that really weirded me out. The inside door handle was completely smashed in and there was a corresponding dent in the wall where the handle had hit! No-one else had noticed this. This verified their story that they heard the door slam open. But why was it then locked shut when they checked seconds later?
This is what the door handle looks like
So basically that knob sticking out was smashed in and there was a corresponding dent in the wall where it had hit.
Now there are a coupe more facts that add to the mystery incase your'e all thinking it was a burglar and they were just fast asleep so didn't hear everything
1) It is not a large house, it is a tiny single floor 2 bedroom council flat. The hallway is about 15 feet long with the living room at one end, the kitchen and 2 bedrooms at the other end and the front door in the middle
2) we had family staying over and as there are only 2 bedrooms they were staying in the living room which is at the other end of the hallway from mine and my mum's bedroom., so both ends of the short hallway were occupied by people.
3) My mum and her bf both said they were wide awake the whole time so would of heard everything going on outside their room.
4) They would have been able to hear everything going on outside because the doors in the house (not the front door that's made of real wood) is made of basically cardboard sandwiched between two super thin MDF sheets ( yeah budget 70s council flats lol) And trust me you can hear absolutely everything through those doors.
5) my mums bf said he came home an hour before it happened (which is why they were still awake)
So seeing as a burglar would of had an hours's window to sneak through an absolutely tiny flat where half the occupants were wide awake and could hear everything going on in the flat due to the thin doors we can rule out a burglar.
My cousin who was staying in the living room said the sound was LOUD. He even admitted to nearly wetting himself with fear the bang was so big.
The final bit of strangeness was a small letter "D" that was found to be scrawled on the front of the door.....