The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Speaking as a gay black man in a wheelchair I am deeply offended by this thread..........
Reply 21
Zakatu
Most people don't, because the pc police tell them is bad, the media tell them its bad. people don't tend to think about the issue.

Personally i think racism is a deeply ingrained human trait.

I can get along with people of other races, but if you were put in a room and asked to select who to kill and you had to choose who would it be?

If my family, freinds, black person, asian person for example. It would be an easy decision to make. I would first choose either the asian or black person. Then the white freind. And finall my own family.

I think most people would do the same, its a gut human reaction. We favour those who are genetically similar to ourselves. Hence strong family loyalty and to a lesser extend the foundation of race loyalty.

Its the main factor of all human allegiance, we generally prioritise people in order of genetic similarity. If all other things are roughly equal.

That's probably true, but it doesn't mean it is a good thing. I mean, me killing you and taking all your stuff would be perfectly fair under the law of nature. Such urges are probably quite natural too, but they aren't good and can be surpressed.
Zakatu
Most people don't, because the pc police tell them is bad, the media tell them its bad. people don't tend to think about the issue.

Personally i think racism is a deeply ingrained human trait.

I can get along with people of other races, but if you were put in a room and asked to select who to kill and you had to choose who would it be?

If my family, freinds, black person, asian person for example. It would be an easy decision to make. I would first choose either the asian or black person. Then the white freind. And finall my own family.

I think most people would do the same, its a gut human reaction. We favour those who are genetically similar to ourselves. Hence strong family loyalty and to a lesser extend the foundation of race loyalty.

Its the main factor of all human allegiance, we generally prioritise people in order of genetic similarity. If all other things are roughly equal.

What a dumb post. Any **** would, in this predicament, kill the person they didn't kow before someone they did, and liked. You said you would kill the black, then your friend, then your family. Guess what, so would i, and i'm black!

Now, if the black guy was your friend, and the white guy was the guy you didn't know, what would your decision be? And this answer will be even more telling about you........
Reply 23
cottonmouth
What a dumb post. Any **** would, in this predicament, kill the person they didn't kow before someone they did, and liked. You said you would kill the black, then your friend, then your family. Guess what, so would i, and i'm black!

Now, if the black guy was your friend, and the white guy was the guy you didn't know, what would your decision be? And this answer will be even more telling about you........

Totally aggree with you there!
Reply 24
If i'm totally honest i would choose to save the black freind over a white stranger. So that significantly weakens my argument.

But i still think i make a good point that people feel loyalty to people in order to genetic similarity. That is why in ancient times people were first loyal to their family, then their clan (extended family), then clans similar to their own and finally people unrelated.

I did say in my post "with all things being roughly equal". I.e if everyone in the room was a stranger i would probably choose the white man over the black man.

My point is that race would factor into that situation, as a determinating factor if both were strangers. I think many people would do the same.
Perhaps this is karma for Briton's past actions - don’t hurt me :ahhhhh: :p:

What you seem to be forgetting is that there are a whole lot of Brits living abroad. And ( from the places I have been ) no one’s b*tching or complaining about their presence.
You were right Zakatu, cottonmouth deliberately misunderstood or else revealed again how low the bar is set for entry to the legal profession.

Both Genetic Similarity Theory and Social Identity Theory (given that race is such a fundamental social distinction) have been formulated to explain the phonomena which is widely observed and which you identify correctly as normal and predictable.
Reply 27
In all honesty though i think most people see race when they look at a person i know i certainly do without even meaning too! The amount of arguments that i've seen when its started out as just another argument but soon degenerated into the 'f*** off you black B*****d, just like that, so i think race will always be an underlying issue

Latest