The Student Room Group

clubbing

Scroll to see replies

Depends on the club. Girls don't get ID'ed as much as guys but if you appear a little nervous (which is normal if this is your first time) then you probably will get ID'ed. Best just take something anyway just incase.
Yeah I'd say only about twice have I NOT been ID'd going into a club/bar. Not only that, but they often ask me to repeat my D.O.B or where I'm from because they don't believe my ID is real...even at the age of 23!
Reply 22
Original post by crocker710
everywhere in leeds will ask for ID even if you look 25+; surely you've got a passport? Also on the club front; it depends on what music you like and what days you can go out on, I normally take around £50-60 just to be safe

Hmmm!!! I'm kinda facing the same problem .... I'm going to start uni(Bath - BBA :smile: ) this term...... I will be only 17 wen I start... is there any chance I can get into the clubs???

Also I'll turn 18 next feb.... Although my main question is since I'm an international student losing my passport would be hell for me .... and thus I would not risk taking it outside my room!!! SO is there a way out of this?? Or is my nightlife doomed??? :frown:

Please help THANKZ!!!!
Reply 23
Original post by Foghorn Leghorn
Depends on the club. Girls don't get ID'ed as much as guys but if you appear a little nervous (which is normal if this is your first time) then you probably will get ID'ed. Best just take something anyway just incase.

Do you really need your passport or can u just take your student card or something??? :smile:
Most clubs ID everyone, as far as my little experience goes. That is, apart from the one I went to on Saturday. It was a risk as I'm 17, but I didn't get ID'd. I wasn't exactly inconspicuous either, as I was dressed as a Mexican with a huge sombrero..

Just get a passport or something - it'll obviously be useful in other ways than proving your age in clubs.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Nikstar95
Do you really need your passport or can u just take your student card or something??? :smile:

Most places prefer official peices of ID like a passport, drivers licence or EU/UK ID card. Although in student unions and places where large amounts of students frequent then they will probably accept a student card.
Reply 26
Most places prefer official peices of ID like a passport, drivers licence or EU/UK ID card. Although in student unions and places where large amounts of students frequent then they will probably accept a student card.

OHhh!!! do u think a copy of it(passport) would do??? A colored copy on glossy paper!!! :biggrin:
Most places ask for ID, but the bouncers don't care if it's borrowed ID. Just carry a card and they'll pretend to care and let you in anyway.
OHhh!!! do u think a copy of it(passport) would do??? A colored copy on glossy paper!!! :biggrin:

Unfortunately no, it has to be the actual document, no one will accept a copy.
Reply 29
Most places in Leeds ask for id

£30-£40 should be enough.

Most of them are pretty expensive 02 academy on a sat is kinda cheap, I remember paying £7 for a bottle of Budweiser in space though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 30
ID is required most places, unless they know you already.
In terms of money, most people seem to be quoting a LOT more than I would suggest is reasonable. I'm not that much a lightweight, but my friends who drink very heavily will struggle to spend more than £30 in a night after predrinks (which is usually between half and a full bottle of vodka for them)

I can have a really decent night on less than £10, including pre-drink, but then I know what the best deals are for the places where I drink, and I live in the north where everything is cheaper anyway.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 31
Original post by EmmaLouise93

How can you possibly have no I.D at all? Have you never left the country and never thought of applying for a provisional? As an adult at some point you will need identification and you really need a passport...
Original post by T'archer
Most clubs (90%) will ask for ID.

Money depends on how much you plan to drink / where your going to go. I would suggest £40-£50.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Where on earth do you go that costs that much? :lolwut:

£30 is the absolute tops, paying any more than that is a disgrace. If you go somewhere studenty you should be able to get in for about £5. Be sensible and pre-drink BEFORE so you're not wasting too much money on overpriced drinks at the club. You can have a good night out for about £15. In London anyways.

Edit- you definitely need ID. Borrow ID from a friend :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
If you're going to a club then you will need ID to get in. The easiest ID to get would be a provisional driving licence.

In terms of money, I always take out £20 and find that does enough. However, I always take my card out just in case for emergencies...and I usually end up buying post-clubbing food on the card!
Reply 34
Original post by SleepySheep
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Where on earth do you go that costs that much? :lolwut:

£30 is the absolute tops, paying any more than that is a disgrace. If you go somewhere studenty you should be able to get in for about £5. Be sensible and pre-drink BEFORE so you're not wasting too much money on overpriced drinks at the club. You can have a good night out for about £15. In London anyways.

Edit- you definitely need ID. Borrow ID from a friend :smile:

But u cant just borrow somebodys passport can u ???
Reply 35
Unfortunately no, it has to be the actual document, no one will accept a copy.

Ohhh!!!:cry: Thankz anyways!!!

BTW do u have any idea if I(international student) can apply for a provisional license?? :smile:

And is it really possible to use somebody else's ID???? I mean they can easily spot its not your passport!!!
Reply 36
This may seem a stupid question but it is important!!!

If supposingly there is a (superhero) costume party... Were would u get ur costume from???And just assume u are at Bath uni :tongue:
Original post by EmmaLouise93
I'm nearly 19 and I've never been out on a night out, in town.

I have no ID, but I supposedly look older than I am for my age.

do most clubs ask for ID?
how much money should I take for a night out?
is anyone from leeds, or has anyone been out in leeds, who knows good, but fairly cheap clubs?

thanks.

:cool:

Almost all clubs will ask for ID. Those that don't tend to be quite seedy.
Depends on the club and how willing you are to buy drinks within. As a rule, I avoid buying drinks in nightclubs as much as possible by predrinking very heavily.
But u cant just borrow somebodys passport can u ???

You borrow someone's provisional not their passport :lol: As long as they look a bit like you it's fine, I did it loads when I was younger.
Reply 39
Original post by SleepySheep
You borrow someone's provisional not their passport :lol: As long as they look a bit like you it's fine, I did it loads when I was younger.

Ahhhh crap :argh: !!! I'm Indian :biggrin: ..... I dont think too many ppl out there at Bath will look like me!!!:dong:

Also since I'm an international student :headbang: I'm not allowed an provisional!!!! :bawling:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending