Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I confront this guy for making a harsh comment about me?

Announcements Posted on

I'm a girl in uni, and my family own a small holiday caravan which we go to during holidays etc. There is a guy on our course who seemed friendly and nice, i've seen him at social events and stuff and he's always been pleasant to my face, but I don't know him extremely well. Apparently my friend saw him out recently, and somehow I came up in the conversation, and the guy asked where I was that weekend. We had gone to stay at our caravan, and my friend told him this. Apparently he said to her, "oh that's not a surprise, she seems like the type of person who would go to a caravan", and looking down his nose at it. I don't really care what his problem with caravans in, my friend in question, her family own one too in a different place, he's obviously a snob, but when he said I 'seem like the type of person', I really don't get it, is he saying i'm some kind of tramp or or something :s
    I was surprised about this as he didn't really seem the type of person to make snide comments, and I have no idea what he means by it, I really don't think there's anything wrong with it, should I apologise to him that my family do not own some luxury villa in the Bahamas?
    Do you think it's worth confronting him about this, or just ignoring it?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ignore it & him. He's honestly not worth your time!

(Original post by snailsareslimy)
    Ignore it & him. He's honestly not worth your time!
    Thanks
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    You should ignore it, although if you're tempted and you catch him making a comment again, you can always bring this back up as he won't have realised that you know about him commenting on you like that. Then he'll know to be more careful when making comments about you, or possibly other people too!
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a prick. Just ignore him.

(Original post by Nfergs)
    You should ignore it, although if you're tempted and you catch him making a comment again, you can always bring this back up as he won't have realised that you know about him commenting on you like that. Then he'll know to be more careful when making comments about you, or possibly other people too!
    Thanks Yeah, that's a good idea

(Original post by mevidek)
    Sounds like a prick. Just ignore him.
    Thanks
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Personally I would confront him.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ignore him theres no point in blowing a petty snide remark like that out of proportion it wont benefit anyone.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Castrate the bloody bastard!

... Just joking. Ignore him. He's not worth your time.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't sound that offensive anyway, he could of meant any number of things by the comment he meant, which may not of been offensive. I'd honestly forget about it, it's to trivial and to vague to kick up a fuss about.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    What an odd comment Brush it off, put it down to his caravan-less childhood (let's be honest, he's missed out)
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wait, why do you think he meant you insult by that? Maybe he said it in a good way, as in you're adventurous/fun/sporty/any number of things
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Destroy him.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It is not exactly harsh, maybe a douchebag at most, don't let it get to you...
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeavyTeddy)
    Destroy him.
    Agreed... LOL

nah just ignore him, hes a total loser and lacks the maturity to aknowledge people may have different social activities to him. Such a sad person, youll come across loads of idiots like him. Chin up, and move on. He is well and trully- Not worth it.

But if he bothers you repeatedly.

break his jaw.

:lol:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

"oh that's not a surprise, she seems like the type of person who would go to a caravan"

Do you think it's worth confronting him about this, or just ignoring it?
    OMG are you serious OP? He is not saying anything bad to you, he means that's what you obviously look like; an adventurous person, someone who is different and not typical (that's a good thing). It's not a surprise because its obvious to him.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Your 'friend' sounds like a bit of a stirrer to me.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    lol'd
    • 141 followers

ReputationRep:
    He seems like a fairly nice chap. The next time you see him, run up to him and give him a great big hug!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 9, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE results day

How to make sure you're prepared for Thursday

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.