Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Ramadan. What would you do?

Announcements Posted on
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I would much rather be here. I went to Pakistan in 2010 in Ramadhan and the fast would open about 7ish I think. But the fasts were really hard because it's a hot country and I was thirsty the minute I woke up. This is bearing in mind that I would drink at least 1 2l bottle at sahoor time.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    why are people complaining, allah doesnt burden what we cannot bear, i know alot of friends that said the previous fast was easier than the fast 2 years ago. you need to get used to it. If it gets hard just pray to allah and ask for it to be easier.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by High VOLTAGE)
    Please state the proofs the scholars give.
    i was watching a show where the topic came about. I did find this though.
    http://maniacmuslim.com/forums/index...ast-in-summer/
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzaha)

Do you guys think its unfair that muslims in Britain will have to fast for 18 hours whereas Muslims in for example Mecca will have to fast much less?
    By fasting for longer, your rewards are also more. In short, being able to fast even more should be taken as an advantage as opposed to being "unfair".
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by navarre)
    Someone got my pun. Bravo, good sir.
    it wasn't about the pun. you can't have a boyfriend if you're muslim, and especially not in ramadan.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConfusedAfrican)
    it wasn't about the pun. you can't have a boyfriend if you're muslim, and especially not in ramadan.
    Meh, who cares. Sue me (or her).
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Besakt)
    Oh the irony makes me :lol:
    lmao
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ramadan is not a burden if you can't give up your food and drink e.g old men and women are allowed not to fast at all they don't even have to pay it back. Boys or girls who haven't grown hair are allowed not to fast but if one wants to then no problem this is known as baliigh (srry 4 spelling)stage. Travelers are advised by Allah not to fast but one can do so ,pregnant/after birth bleeding/menstruating women are not allowed to fast but can repay later and many more others.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ramadan's going to be so hard this year...I feel that fasting with Mecca is cheating, but 18 hours a day is a killer. By the end of the month I feel absolutely dreadful.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    plus the countries which have shorter fasting times are hot countries where it is harder to keep a fast anyway, so it evens out.
    • 101 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Besakt)
    Oh the irony makes me :lol:
    But what if he was talking about his George Foreman that decided to stop working :eek:
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    You have to fast for eighteen hours? Man that's gay. What if you work in a restaurant or something? Poor Muslims.
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by izzaha)
    Assalamu Alaikum

So this year Ramadan is going to be starting at around the 20th July. The fasts are going to be around 18 hours long. This for me is manageable but I'm concerned about the next few years.

Do you guys think its unfair that muslims in Britain will have to fast for 18 hours whereas Muslims in for example Mecca will have to fast much less? I'm interested in your opinions. Do you think its better that Muslims who live further away from the equator fast with Mecca. After all the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) did say "God does not burden a soul beyond what it can bear".

So what's your opinion on this, if you found the fasts so hard that you couldn't concentrate on your work, your studies would you fast with Mecca. Some scholars have considered this an option for European countries.
    I found this quite interesting and thought we could discuss this, i hope its not in the wrong place on TSR.
    Wsalaam...........

I honestly don't care how long it is......all you can do is understand the meaning on Ramadan, the harder it is, the more I can learn from it and feel how important the food i get on my plate is.

It's also a time to open up to charity, unity and of course Allah.

I love the mosque when you pray taraweeh, you can hear the surroundings, it's so peaceful and makes me so relaxed as though I have no burdens on my shouldner
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by y-y)
    Just go abroad
    everyone does it now
    yeah, like in Iraq where the temperature is 50-55C in the summer. Try going through that without drinking water. It's lunacy.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think what you have to keep in mind is the reason why you fast in the first place and then deal with situations like this. In my opinion, if people managed to fast all those generations past where ramadan was earlier than july etc. then we should to. But its between you and God, you've got to make the decision and decide whether it is the right one.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dirac Delta Function)
    yeah, like in Iraq where the temperature is 50-55C in the summer. Try going through that without drinking water. It's lunacy.
    I didn't specify Iraq
    :rolleyes:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 12, 2012
New on TSR

£50 in vouchers up for grabs!!!

Post a fun fact and quote in a member to win!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.