Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Downlaod Festival 2012

Announcements Posted on
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robertlol)
    Crowds can get pretty intense watch you don't damage them.

Also get a locker or make sure you won't smash them if you put them at the bottom of your sleeping bag.
    My friend is renting a locker and said she will let me put my expensive stuff in there to be safe (:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TroyPimbley)
    My friend is renting a locker and said she will let me put my expensive stuff in there to be safe (:
    Aren't you lucky :O... My friend just found 2 girls who are staying at the nearest Premiere Inn.... WINNING!

anywho... I cannot wait for Prodigy to play! This is my first party/event since 2 months from next week! Been far too busy revising just gonna let it rip
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Went to sonisphere last year which was soooooo awesome! But have a feeling download will top it!
    Been to lots of different festival genre's and rock/metal tend to have the friendliest

Chase n status, prodigy, tenacious D, Lamb of God, Metallica, Biffy, Killswitch, Gallows......................... .....SABBATH!!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Camping is now sold out, aside from a limited number of 5-day camping tickets being released today which apparently are likely to sell within 24 hours.

Source: http://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/m5221032-p84.aspx (bottom of the page)

SEE YOU THERE FOLKS
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TroyPimbley)
    First time festival-goer
    First-time Downloader
    I'm going prepared with everything from festival survival kits, £65 worth of alcohol, £10 worth of food. Fancy dress for the saturday, camcorder, camera and all the other essentials - 5 days worth of drinking and music! xD
    That's a hell of a lot of stuff to carry in with you, I'm doing 2 trips:
    Trip 1: Backpack with clothes/toiletries in, tent, camping chair
    Trip 2: Backpack with food in, alcohol
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sabbath!

This'll be my 3rd Download but 12th festival overall and it's shaping up to be the best!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tom177)
    Went to sonisphere last year which was soooooo awesome! But have a feeling download will top it!!
    Sonisphere was my first festival and it was amazing! I have a feeling download can top it also, will be hard to top slipknot and tallica in the same weekend though!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jbarnor)
    Sonisphere was my first festival and it was amazing! I have a feeling download can top it also, will be hard to top slipknot and tallica in the same weekend though!
    without taking the line up into consideration 'cause that's too subjective to comment on, Download is waaay better than Sonisphere! better atmosphere, better sound, better arena lay out, better "village" in the campsite
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbob16)
    without taking the line up into consideration 'cause that's too subjective to comment on, Download is waaay better than Sonisphere! better atmosphere, better sound, better arena lay out, better "village" in the campsite
    this is my first download so I wouldn't know but i cant wait to find out!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    really cant wait for this guys
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been thinking of going to Download this year but I had lots of things to do and exams to pass .
    Anyway, how was it, guys? I've seen a picture of the camping ground. It was completely under water, omfg! I've been to many disaster festivals but I've never seen something like this!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wish they didn't stop doing live streams on their website.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sagitta)
    I've been thinking of going to Download this year but I had lots of things to do and exams to pass .
    Anyway, how was it, guys? I've seen a picture of the camping ground. It was completely under water, omfg! I've been to many disaster festivals but I've never seen something like this!
    Did you see that on the V Festival facebook page? If it's this picture -

or ones like those, they are actually Glastonbury a few years ago, some other festival facebook sites have been trying to pass them off as Download - whether it's to stop people going or what, I don't know. I actually pointed it out on the V Festival facebook page and not only did they delete my comment, they've blocked me from the page - pathetic, really. That's one festival I won't be going to.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was pretty good . Arrived on the Friday and the ground was pretty bad but it dried up over the weekend and the sun came out! I was quite lucky to be meeting friends who were already camping because the camp sites were rammed!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    One word to describe it - amazing. Yes the rain was ****ty, but after the Friday everything seemed a lot better and a lot of the mud had dried out. I do feel for those who were there the previous two days though, luckily I also had friends there which meant we got into the Red camp site which was pretty close. Looking at how far some of the camp-sites were though is just ridiculous (i.e. yellow camp) something needs to be done somehow as you shouldn't have to walk that far just to get to the arena.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Run To The Hills)
    One word to describe it - amazing. Yes the rain was ****ty, but after the Friday everything seemed a lot better and a lot of the mud had dried out. I do feel for those who were there the previous two days though, luckily I also had friends there which meant we got into the Red camp site which was pretty close. Looking at how far some of the camp-sites were though is just ridiculous (i.e. yellow camp) something needs to be done somehow as you shouldn't have to walk that far just to get to the arena.
    The walk to the arena is mental, my feet hurt just thinking about it. Especially battling my way through mud for 4 days and the lack of straw they put down. -.- I slept in a wet sleeping bag and everything but when Friday came it was worth it, so much better than last year though I do think Metallica put on a better show than Sabbath even though Sabbath were amazing. I'm sure it's always been that far from the arena but at least it works off all the junk food you'll be eating over the weekend! My mum already got us 3 RIP tickets for next year so I'm super excited already, I just hope the headliners are like.. KISS, Rammstein and Iron Maiden. :P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ocarinaoftime)
    The walk to the arena is mental, my feet hurt just thinking about it. Especially battling my way through mud for 4 days and the lack of straw they put down. -.- I slept in a wet sleeping bag and everything but when Friday came it was worth it, so much better than last year though I do think Metallica put on a better show than Sabbath even though Sabbath were amazing. I'm sure it's always been that far from the arena but at least it works off all the junk food you'll be eating over the weekend! My mum already got us 3 RIP tickets for next year so I'm super excited already, I just hope the headliners are like.. KISS, Rammstein and Iron Maiden. :P
    Damn RIP tickets alrite for some :P

Yeah I've only been to sonisphere before which you hardly had to move out of your tent to be in the arena, so download was a big shock.

My money is on Rammstein being at download, and Maiden being at sonisphere next year, so ima need some more money xD
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Run To The Hills)
    Damn RIP tickets alrite for some :P

Yeah I've only been to sonisphere before which you hardly had to move out of your tent to be in the arena, so download was a big shock.

My money is on Rammstein being at download, and Maiden being at sonisphere next year, so ima need some more money xD

I hope that's not the case :P I'm actually trying to go to both as well if I can get a job, I haven't been to Sonisphere but most people in our group had and they kept complaining and said the same thing as you - the camping was next to the arena and download was ridiculous xD I reckon you might be right though! All the more reason to get saving haha :P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, these are the pictures I've seen on Facebook. Actually, it was a friend who reposted a picture of a guy who was there. So I thought it was real. Looks horrible, whereever it was.
    Anyway, you guys seem to be happy . Any festival comes in a package with rain and mud. Unless it's an indoor one, like Inferno Festival in Oslo or Eindhoven Metal Meeting in Holland.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm going reading festival this summer I'm excited lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 27, 2012
New on TSR

GCSE results day

Waiting for your grades? Let off some steam in our results chat megathread

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered festivals and live events threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.