The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

A duvet and a quilt are different things... as are flans and quiches :rolleyes:
Kittennffc
All my housemates think i'm posh; im from Nottingham and they are from Leeds and Wigan.

I would say duvet, they would say quilt, I would say twitchel, they would say ginnel. How does this make me posh!? I really don't understand!

Someone enlighten me please :biggrin:

Well if you are, I am. And I don't think I am that posh.
Reply 62
What is the difference between a quiche and a flan? Is it that you can have sweet flans, whereas quiches are only savoury? Yet you can have savoury flans; when does a flan become a quiche? And where the hell does tart fit in?
supercat
What is the difference between a quiche and a flan? Is it that you can have sweet flans, whereas quiches are only savoury? Yet you can have savoury flans; when does a flan become a quiche? And where the hell does tart fit in?

They're usually found in Essex.
Reply 64
I'm from Leicester so you don't sound posh to me!! i say duvet as well!!!!!:smile:
Reply 65
I say duvet and I am most certainly not posh. I am from Kent however.
I don't know how anyone from the Midlands could possibly sound posh.
Reply 67
morgangills
I don't know how anyone from the Midlands could possibly sound posh.
Landed aristocracy?
Ferrus
Landed aristocracy?
In Nottingham?
Reply 69
morgangills
In Nottingham?

In the surrounding country side...
Reply 70
I got told I was posh because I say 'shan't' and 'cul-de-sac'
pumpkin7
would one like a cup of earl grey before retiring to ones chambers?

and a sample of crumpets perhaps? one could toast marshmallows on ones fire?
Reply 72
Sounds scrummy old bean. Do pass the sugar tongs. :p:
minimo
I got told I was posh because I say 'shan't' and 'cul-de-sac'

what! lol cul-de-sac is the type of the road tho! it says below the road name! haha, ppl say im posh just cause of my accent.
The idea of being posh is completely subjective. Everyone has different ideas of being posh and depending form where in the country you are. Some people pronounce scone- scOne (emphasis on the "O" sound...longer sound) whereas I pronounce it so the o is shorter...if that makes sense? Anyway I think the first one sound posh!
Angelil
Sounds scrummy old bean. Do pass the sugar tongs. :p:

And perhaps later we shall have high tea with cucumber sandwiches and a game of croquet? :biggrin:
Reply 76
Splendid!
Oh yah...then later we'll go back to the country pile and get ready for the ball.
Well i'm from Leeds and I say duvet...
Reply 79
A duvet and a quilt are two totally different things, I can't understand why or how the two terms would become interchangeable.

Latest

Trending

Trending