Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Correcting a sleeping pattern and a fast.

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think this is the right place for this sort of thing so here it goes. I'm going to stay up all night to correct my sleeping pattern so I can actually enjoy the majority of the day. I'm currently sleeping through the morning which is a bit poop. I've done my reading and people also say that if you don't eat for 16 hours prior to when you want your new 'breakfast' to be this can help with resetting the body clock. Most of my sources seem to have a lot of success and I was just wondering if you guys have any tips for staying up all night?

By the way, I already know my lack of willpower led me to get this way (not going to bed at a decent time for example) and I'm pretty fixed on the method of correcting this pattern. Just wondering if you guys had any ideas on what might prevent me from dozing off.

I'm thinking about staying up until 10pm tomorrow (the 10th) and really need tips.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Don't stay awake all night, you'll end up getting too tired and going to bed, or you will go to sleep during the day and mess it up even more.

Just go to bed at the time you usually do, then wake up at about 8/9. As long as you don't take any naps during the day you'll be set to go to bed at about 10/11 easy.

The trick is to make sure you have something to keep you busy all day until it is time to go to bed. By staying awake all night you'll only end up making up for lost sleep the next night.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rookai)
    I think this is the right place for this sort of thing so here it goes. I'm going to stay up all night to correct my sleeping pattern so I can actually enjoy the majority of the day. I'm currently sleeping through the morning which is a bit poop. I've done my reading and people also say that if you don't eat for 16 hours prior to when you want your new 'breakfast' to be this can help with resetting the body clock. Most of my sources seem to have a lot of success and I was just wondering if you guys have any tips for staying up all night?

By the way, I already know my lack of willpower led me to get this way (not going to bed at a decent time for example) and I'm pretty fixed on the method of correcting this pattern. Just wondering if you guys had any ideas on what might prevent me from dozing off.

I'm thinking about staying up until 10pm tomorrow (the 10th) and really need tips.
    I've heard of that breakfast thing and it should work. It's possible to reset your body clock, but harder to reduce the amount of time you sleep. If you go to bed when you are tired and wake up without an alarm, you will actually find yourself sleeping less.

Read this http://www.supermemo.com/articles/sleep.htm

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 9, 2012
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.