The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What the blood **** is that?! :laugh:
Original post by walterwhite123
How can you move seats if it's a sell out?

We do it all the time on aways, everyone stands where they like. Sometimes there's about three of us standing in front of one seat down near the front.

I actually did it at Everton this season because of the view being so bad at the back, found a group of my mates at half-time and went and stood with them lower in the stand.
Reply 22
The DW Stadium.
Reply 23
New Wembley
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
Went down to Fratton Park, Portsmouth, before they kindly put a roof over the away fans' section. Had pouring rain pre-match, 30 of us crammed under the tv camera gantry, the only shelter anywhere there. Thankfully it dried up during the match, only for the sun to come up low over the opposite stand, so we had the sun in our eyes throughout the entire match. Also there's only 2 food counters and no bar. But still, cracking atmosphere.
Original post by hbk4894
The DW Stadium.

Bit lacking in atmosphere but worse ground? Really?
Reply 26
Bit lacking in atmosphere but worse ground? Really?

it is the worst one i have been to between DW Stadium , Ewood Park and Reebok.
Reply 27
Leeds, Boro not because of the stadium as such but the walk to elland road is very intimidating for s young lad. The cops at Boro are a disgrace. As someone else said goodison is a hole with terrible fans. Fulham is one of my favourite grounds
Original post by warwickorbristol
Goodison park is pretty poor. Loads of seats have restricted view but the clincher is the racist fans, my dad reckoned it was like going back in time.

Racism? What are you on about?
Original post by Dorito
Lancasters stadium is probably the worst I've experienced.

The Reebok Stadium is pretty lifeless too.

You mean The Giant Axe? It's awesome, also has the best name of any stadium in the country!
Reply 30
Original post by mackemforever
You mean The Giant Axe? It's awesome, also has the best name of any stadium in the country!

Yeah that is the one.

The stadium itself is pretty nice for that level, their fans and the general atmosphere of the place was pretty awful though.
Original post by hbk4894
it is the worst one i have been to between DW Stadium , Ewood Park and Reebok.

If you've only been to 3 grounds then yes it probably is the worst.
Reply 32
If you've only been to 3 grounds then yes it probably is the worst.

i know
Original post by facdroit
Compared to Wembley , Old trafford is very dull.

To be fair, all ground are, compared to a Wembley Cup Final. :sogood:
Reply 34
Original post by -Someone-Like-You-
To be fair, all ground are, compared to a Wembley Cup Final. :sogood:

Well camp nou is much better than wembley for example.

Camp Nou/Allianz arena then grounds like Wembley and parc des princes and the santiago and then the rest
Original post by facdroit
Well camp nou is much better than wembley for example.

Camp Nou/Allianz arena then grounds like Wembley and parc des princes and the santiago and then the rest

Depends if you like your grounds falling apart or brand new I suppose.
It does depend if you like comfort or tradition. I've only been to four grounds with Spurs: Wigan, Stoke, Everton and QPR, and I much preferred the second two to the first two. Even though it holds a place in my heart as my first ever away, as grounds themselves go Wigan was probably the worst. Identical on all sides, no multiple tiers mixing the look of the ground up, no real atmosphere, idiot fans doing Hitler salutes, stupidly cramped concourse for 4500 seats. Retail park setting just rid the stadium of its character as well. On the upside, it was walkable from the town centre, they gave us a huge allocation so at least our own atmosphere was rocking, and the tickets were cheap.

The best was probably QPR. Proper old-fashioned inner city football ground with a rocking atmosphere and compact enough to be really close to the pitch and have a great view. Will be going back.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by rockrunride

The best was probably QPR. Proper old-fashioned inner city football ground with a rocking atmosphere and compact enough to be really close to the pitch and have a great view. Will be going back.

this is exactly why i don't want us to ever get a new ground. we have sucha good atmosphere at loftus road as we're all so close to the pitch & it's so compact. we'd also never fill a big ground & it would just be embarrassing.
Original post by Sophie_10
this is exactly why i don't want us to ever get a new ground. we have sucha good atmosphere at loftus road as we're all so close to the pitch & it's so compact. we'd also never fill a big ground & it would just be embarrassing.

Two extremes in demand. I was only able to be there through an extremely good friend and Rs ST holder who offered to get me a ticket in the Ellerslie Road. Apparently the game sold out on Thursday. A top-flight London derby crucial for both teams selling out two days before the match! If there's ever a bigger reason not to move it's that. For the corresponding game at WHL, I remember it selling out a month and a half beforehand.

It might have something to do with ticket prices, but with all due respect nobody should make room for people that won't be there.

Also having seen what new grounds are like it makes me ambivalent about moving. Yeah we need one for the demand; I'd be looking at twenty years before a season ticket at the Lane if we don't move. But do we really want to knock down our trusty old ground that's served us for over a century in place of something that looks like all the others?
Original post by Sophie_10

Would be nice if your rich owners spent a few quid on the ground though wouldn't it?