Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Other than Starbucks, where else do you like to buy your coffee?

Announcements Posted on
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Although Starbucks is good and all, is there an alternative place where you like to get a quick coffee to go or somewhere to sit and chat with someone whilst sipping on your favourite coffee?

I actually much prefer going to Costa Coffee, so that's my main place where I like to go. Although, surprisingly, Sainsbury's café also sells some pretty good coffee too! Unlike some supermarket cafés where the coffee is bland and tastes more like water, Sainsbury's coffee is quite cheap (compared to places like Starbucks and Costa) and it is definitely worth the money! :grin:
    • 54 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cafes and stuff.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. Their ice-blended coffee beats Starbucks by a long shot.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Caffe Nero's pretty good I hear..
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    We only have independent bars (not as in alcohol bars but a bit like a café) in my town, but when I'm at uni it's costa for hot drinks and starbucks for cold drinks. Surprisingly, mcdonalds do decent hot drinks too, and I don't even like mcdonalds.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Costa, because the coffee is always up to standard and is delicious and the staff are always so lovely, no matter what Costa I go to. Starbucks is overrated rubbish. Cafe Nero is also really good, but sometimes a bit hit and miss.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Pret a manger 99p Filter coffee is really nice.

I prefer Nero over Costa.

Other than that I try to go to more independent places. If anyone knows Bold St Coffee in Liverpool try there!
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xAditi)
    The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf. Their ice-blended coffee beats Starbucks by a long shot.
    Haha, I completely agree with this, I much prefer their ice-blended coffee to Starbucks.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cosmobear92)
    Costa, because the coffee is always up to standard and is delicious and the staff are always so lovely, no matter what Costa I go to. Starbucks is overrated rubbish.
    :yep: Couldn't agree more with you! I always find the staff in Starbucks are always so arrogant.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Costa. Put simply, it's real coffee. Not the Americanised nonsense at Starbucks. Tinderbox is also pretty decent
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The coffee shop in my town does amazing coffee, they're not part of a chain though. I think my favourite chain coffee shop is probably Costa, they're overpriced and pretentious like all coffee chains, but they're coffee is genuinely nice (I'm saying this as someone who likes actual coffee, none of that extra skinny triple vanilla soy frappacrappalatte rubbish with 1% coffee by volume). Caffe Nero is quite good too, I like the atmosphere. I can't stand Starbucks, I hate the coffee, I hate the people that work there, the people that go there... ugh.
    • 141 followers

ReputationRep:
    I prefer Costa, overall.

(Original post by T'archer)
    Pret a manger 99p Filter coffee is really nice.

I prefer Nero over Costa.

Other than that I try to go to more independent places. If anyone knows Bold St Coffee in Liverpool try there!
    Me too, have you heard of Markus Coffee in London? I'd definitely recommend it.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I never go to Starbucks, purely because I don't like the coffee and the fact that they kicked out my boyfriend, his brother and a load of other people they were with on Remembrance Day for wearing army no. 2's following the parade... makes sense

I prefer Costa (nice coffee, Costa Card is good as you get points for food as well as coffee) and Caffe Nero, but above all, an independent coffee shop where I live
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It's all about the costa coffee!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Costa all the way, at least when I go in there my drink isn't 90% foam. ¬¬
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    When I go with one of my friends, we always seem to go to Nero. Expensive, but most coffee places are anyway.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't like coffee, I have hot chocolate, but I prefer Costa. Starbucks is way too sweet!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to break the trend and say that I prefer buying jars of coffee and having them at home.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Tim Hortons
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritedAway)
    Surprisingly, mcdonalds do decent hot drinks too, and I don't even like mcdonalds.
    Are you kidding? Mcdonalds do the worst hot chocolate I've ever tasted. It's all water with a tiny taste of chocolate, and then some stupid cheap chocolate at the bottom which doesn't melt in and give any flavour at all.

I only started drinking coffee recently so I haven't had any in coffee shops, but Caffe Nero do a decent hot chocolate. Doesn't come close to the one at Cafe Giardino though!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 10, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.