Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your first console

Announcements Posted on
    • 67 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bought myself a GBA in Year 7 :daydreaming:

...but it broke in my school bag a couple of years later! :bawling:

Its spirit carries on as an emulator on my phone, where I have both of the games I ever played and many more :bubbles:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stephan89)
    I started gaming on an Amiga 500. I have very fond memories of games like Flashback, The Settlers, The Chaos Engine, Lemmings and Cannon Fodder. :coma:

My first actual console was a PS1, which I got one Christmas with Crash Bandicoot and Ridge Racer Revolution.

The Amiga was also my first step into the world of gaming and I also played the same games as you.My first console ( well not technically mine) was a Sega Mega drive.My children's first console was Gamecube.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nintendo DS However didnt use it much! prefer the real world and the outdoors and fresh air!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Game Boy Advance SP
    • 55 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gameboy advance sp
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    PS1 - when I was two years old.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    SNES, which was technically my brother's. The only games we had were Mario Kart and Starfox, but still managed to spend most of our summer holidays festering inside playing them.

Then one beautiful christmas I got a gameboy colour with pokémon red, and the rest was history (and other such clichés).
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Gamecube. Oh yeah.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Ben)
    Sega Megadrive was my first console, absolutely loved that thing
    YES YES YES YES YES! I remember turning it on and every time it came on singing 'SEGA!'
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My first console was one of them cheap ones that you can get from a typical market stall and had to plug it at the back of your TV. The only games I had on this thing was Tetris, Space Invaders and Pac-Man.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    In 2002, my parents got me the original Play Station, which was my first console. I actually thought that playing Spyro on that thing was the best thing since sliced bread!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got a PS2 when I was 9, had a Gameboy Advance before though spent every minute until I got my PS2 playing Sonic Advance :rolleyes:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The first console I played was a Sega Master System II, but I don't really think of it as "my first console" as it was my older sisters', and they played it a lot more than I did.

Nah, my first console was a Dreamcast, baby :smug:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    The Amiga was also my first step into the world of gaming and I also played the same games as you.My first console ( well not technically mine) was a Sega Mega drive.My children's first console was Gamecube.
    I'd love to see some of those Amiga games get the remake/re-release treatment in the future.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    i guess my first console was a game boy which i shared with my aunts.

but my first consoles which i owned by myself were a game boy advance and a game cube. i gave the gba to my aunties a while ago but i still have the gamecube and it still works perfectly! thinking about it now, it makes me feel really nostalgic. life was simpler then. all i cared about was passing the next level of sonic adventure 2: battle!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stephan89)
    I'd love to see some of those Amiga games get the remake/re-release treatment in the future.
    Me too!!.It'd be great to play them again........without having to wait an eon for the floppys to load
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    When i was little, i was given a nintendo 64 (my uncles old one on which he played mario kart) and never used it, so i suppose my first console was a DS, but now I use the Wii
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gameboy Color, Pokemon made me feel that I just had to own one.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Sega Dreamcast- god I loved that thing.
    many, many hours spent playing Sonic Adventure and ChuChu Rocket!
    • 164 followers

ReputationRep:
    A Gameboy Classic for me, along with Super Mario Land and Tetris. There are fond memories there of getting Link's Awakening on its release :awesome:

In terms of 'full size' consoles the N64 was my first, though the PS3 is now my 'main' console. First-party Nintendo games are still very hard to beat, but there just aren't enough of them to make the Wii a good enough prospect on its own. :sad:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 16, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.