Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

1 Meal a day

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't decide whether to put this in here or food or drink - but I think this is right.

For god knows how long, I've rarely eaten anywhere near 3 meals a day. I seriously can't eat breakfast. You know when you've eaten so much food you can't eat any more? That's how I feel in the mornings. Then I rarely eat lunch, to be honest, I can go all day until tea in the evening without really eating.

I know this can't be a good thing, but I genuinely don't feel hungry. I don't feel ill and, thus far, I haven't noticed anything bad and I'm far from anorexic. I'm a short, stocky and relatively overweight person. Because of this I have lost weight, but that isn't a goal and hasn't really been a bad thing.

What could the consequences of this be, do people think? Should I be forcing myself to eat or adopt the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" belief?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    sounds fine to me, if you have enough fat on your body to use as energy then eating only a little is fine. I am sure if you became undernourished you would notice the effects and make the changes you need too.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It'll be eating your muscle, not fat if you're practically on a starvation diet. How much d'you eat for that one meal?

Just gonna say that you're probably malnourished - most people can't get everything they need from one meal a day unless they really make a conscious effort to do so. So that isn't very good long term.

I don't particularly like your diet. I am short, stocky and overweight as you described yourself, and I do want to lose weight, however I don't think what you eat is enough. Even if you just ate, i don't know, some grapes in the morning, and a little at lunch, it would still be relatively little but it would be much better and if it was healthy you would still keep the weight off. I don't think you should adopt the 'If it ain't broke' belief because sometimes it takes a while to realise when something is broken

I thought that's what people would say, to be honest. In my defence, it's not really a conscious decision not to eat... it's almost like I can forget that I have to eat. Anyway! Thanks for the advice, guys.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 9, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.