Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cristiano Ronaldo: Tested to the limit

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nice 45 minute video.
    Few months old but still pretty good watch if you are bored. Only just started watching it but its just all about how he is as good as he is

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I rate Ronaldo highly anyway, so i'm not going to spend 45 minutes right now, when I could be working, just agreeing with what I already believe

Thanks for posting though, i'll watch it sometime!
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Someone-Like-You-)
    I rate Ronaldo highly anyway, so i'm not going to spend 45 minutes right now, when I could be working, just agreeing with what I already believe

Thanks for posting though, i'll watch it sometime!
    Hasha ye it isnt exaclty a blockbuster movie but its quite interesting

Just be careful not to get knocked out by his hard on as everyone talks about him and adores him
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Basically 45 minutes of people creaming over ronaldo, interesting none the less.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I watched it a few months ago (think someone else posted) and it was actually very interesting. Some parts are specific to Ronaldo, in relation to how much of a pure athlete he is but other points relate to footballers as a whole and those were very interesting.

It's a shame Messi would never agree to do similar testing because those results to compare with would be amazing.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Quite good tbh
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I watched it and it was interesting that they analysed a lot of aspects that were unique to him and what made him such a good player.

I would love to see what makes Messi so good. That is the one I want to watch badly.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    The presenter was so annoying but the rest of the show is brilliant.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The tests where he had to score in the dark were impressive.
    • 22 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    I watched it and it was interesting that they analysed a lot of aspects that were unique to him and what made him such a good player.

I would love to see what makes Messi so good. That is the one I want to watch badly.
    I dunno, Ronaldo is in my eyes the more physically superior im not sure what makes Messi so good could be measured?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be more interesting comparing Ronaldo to someone like villa/RvP/Rooney and seeing just how far ahead he is.
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    The part where he hits the ball when the lights are switched off:coma:

Great player however, like they were saying on ITV the other day. The only thing that denies him the title of the best player in the world is Messi.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ronaldo is a perfect athlete, if he didn't want to play football he could go into many other professional sports.

Messi is good, i think his turning with the ball and anticipating tackles are much better than ronaldo, but Ronaldo is able to hit amazing freekicks and headers.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I now have an overwhelming desire to go to the gym.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Messi's speed with and without the ball would be similar, if not speed then his acceleration would be.

I'd love to see an analysis similar to where it shows Ronaldo's vision with/without the ball and showing his anticipation compared to Messi (though I'd imagine it would be similar).

No doubt a similar test with Messi would show that he is the lesser athlete and provide more ammunition to Messi-haters that he's only that good because of Xavi/Iniesta :facepalm:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I remember watching this. I seem to remember that he was pretty much the ultimate athlete.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnharris19944)
    I dunno, Ronaldo is in my eyes the more physically superior im not sure what makes Messi so good could be measured?
    Yup, that is the problem. Messi superiority over Ronaldo is less to do with physicality and more to do with mentality imo.

Other theory is that the attributes Messi is good at (dribbling, close ball control, anticipation) is more effective in a game of football than the attributes Ronaldo is good at (shooting, pace, heading).
    • 40 followers

ReputationRep:
    Perfect body for sports. Hands down.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 10, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.