The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Starting Marine Biology/Oceanography at Soton 2012

Hi there,

I'm a new user and I haven't been able to spot a thread about these particular courses, so I thought I'd start one! (Apologies if one has already been started.)

Are there any other Marine Biologists or Oceanographers out there with an offer from Southampton? It would be great to hear from you. I personally have one offer for Marine Biology with Oceanography, and another for pure Oceanography. How are you feeling about starting there? Nervous? How did the interviews and campus tour go?

I can't wait to use the resources available at the NOC, but I am also slightly anxious about my final A-level exams and achieving the required grades.

Also, if there are any current Southampton students on these areas it would be great to hear what you have to say about your experiences.

Cheers (:
Reply 1
Hey there, I'm a new user too

I'm hoping to study Marine Biology with Oceanography at Southampton (BSc). I have had four offers for Marine Biology (Liverpool, Plymouth, Swansea, Essex), and I have an interview at Southampton coming up in December.
Where have you applied?

I haven't visited Southampton before, and can't wait for the campus tours and looking around Southampton.

I'm also nervous about my A-level results as I'm predicted AAB (Geography, Psychology, Biology) - falling short of the A required in Biology...any idea how strict they are?

Going to the interview/applicant open day?
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending