Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

THE high profile transfer of the summer?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So last summer was very juicy thanks mainly to City and Barcelona's signings.
    Who will be THE signing of the summer?
    I gotta say it definitely has got to be either Hazard or RvP if he decides to move.
    In Hazard you have a proven prospect that all top clubs in europe would love to have and we don't really need to praise RvP now do we?

Who do you think will be THE high profile transfer of the summer?

Think Fabregas to Barcelona last year or Ibrahimovich to Milan in 2010 , or even I have to admit it Torres in winter 2011.
    Transfers that had the world talking.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Suarez to West Ham.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Balotelli will be up there to wherever Mancini shifts him off to (if he decides to).

Will be interesting to see how he 'settles' at a new club
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    modric to chelsea or man utd
    hazard to whatever cub he decides to go to
    if there is truth in the rumours, m'vila to arsenal (not a blockbuster but very significant)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Andy Carroll to Pittsburgh Pizza Hut FC
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by facdroit)
    So last summer was very juicy thanks mainly to City and Barcelona's signings.
    Who will be THE signing of the summer?
    I gotta say it definitely has got to be either Hazard or RvP if he decides to move.
    In Hazard you have a proven prospect that all top clubs in europe would love to have and we don't really need to praise RvP now do we?

Who do you think will be THE high profile transfer of the summer?

Think Fabregas to Barcelona last year or Ibrahimovich to Milan in 2010 , or even I have to admit it Torres in winter 2011.
    Transfers that had the world talking.
    I don't think RvP will go what would be the point? Second fiddle to Messi or just to cash a cheque in at city, or he can be built around at Arsenal and with the dutch ego that will probably be his best move.

The interesting transfer will be where Hazard goes, he has an interest in tottenham and it would be a coup for themand certainly show they are top 4 team, but with uncertainty over Harry and even champions league will he go? He could go to city and make a load of money but will he want to play in rotation, or even united have shown an interest but with the supposed price will fergie see it as good market value and look elsewhere?

When the Hazard transfer happens that will be the big one, personally I see him going to tottenham as they will try to build around him.

The only other real interesting one may be Goetze yes he has signed a new contract but that may just be so dortmund gets a true price for him, although I feel it may be a year too earl if he does ever move from dortmund, would love to see him in the Premier league
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hazard
    RVP
    Cavani
    Tevez again?
    Higuain maybe?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I suspect it will involve Juventus.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Andy Carroll back to Newcastle for <£10million. Mark my words.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Neymar to Barcelona!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    As Mushu said, I think Juventus are going to buy big this summer so they can compete in Europe. I expect they'll try and get Tevez. I've read up a rumour that they want Robben as well (of course take a pinch of salt with it). If all this reported interest is true, they'll be the big spenders this summer.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shezshez)
    Andy Carroll back to Newcastle for <£10million. Mark my words.
    Question, why would Newcastle who are currently fighting for a potential CL spot want a midtable player from a midtable club who is showing midtable Conference North form?
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gareth Bale to Barcelona :dice::dice::dice:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a sneaky feeling Chelsea may come in for the big guns looking at;
    - Hulk
    - Falcao
    - Cavanni
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueSmarties)
    Question, why would Newcastle who are currently fighting for a potential CL spot want a midtable player from a midtable club who is showing midtable Conference North form?
    And whilst they have Demba Ba and Cisse... :holmes:
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    As Mushu said, I think Juventus are going to buy big this summer so they can compete in Europe. I expect they'll try and get Tevez. I've read up a rumour that they want Robben as well (of course take a pinch of salt with it). If all this reported interest is true, they'll be the big spenders this summer.
    This. Juventus are ready to finally put the match fixing scandal to bed and get back to the Juve of early 2000s. I expect they'll land either Tevez or Balotelli.

With it being the Euros there'll also be 2 or 3 players announce themselves at the tournament then get bought for crazy money, as always.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dutchman81)
    Neymar to Barcelona!
    As a Barça fan and a half Brazilian, I sincerely hope he doesn't come - I'm praying the rumours on his signing are unfounded.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dutchman81)
    Neymar to Barcelona!
    don't think it will happen this summer but it seems inevitable if the rumours are to be believed....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Victor-PP)
    As a Barça fan and a half Brazilian, I sincerely hope he doesn't come - I'm praying the rumours on his signing are unfounded.
    May I ask why?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I think United are going to realise they need to sign a new midfielder, especially as they wish to compete in europe. I see them buying a Modric or Eriksen and maybe a new fallback.
    Chelsea and City are going to be competing with every United transfer as well, plus they will also be competing with United and Spurs for Hazard. I see City buying a new defender and Higuan, Hulk, or Cavanni if Adebayor, Dzeko and Tevez are sold.
    Aresnal will buy Podoski and I don't think RVP will leave now that Arsenal are in the top 4, and I believe he loves that club.
    It will be interesting who Barca buy, they are interested in Alba, and so are United and Milan so that'll be interesting, and I don't see them getting Silva or Neymar this season.
    I think Nani could leave United this season as well if United get Hazard, with interest from Juve, Real Madrid and Bayern, that'll also be good.
    The whole saga though will be revolved on who performs in the Euros.
    It will also be interesting to see what happens at City and Chelsea, with their managers.
    I see the Alba, Modric and Hazard transfer sagas being the most interesting.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 15, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.