The Student Room Group

Which university should I firm and use as insurance.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by DontJudge
Whats rep ey, just because it doesn't conform to the majority doesn't neccessarily mean it's bad. It's just 'different'.
But what if being surrounded by asians, is a nice surrounding for me?

Nah bro, HFC is where you stun inneh. Stunning only lasts up to 15 seconds before the animal is normal again, so its halal. HOWEVER if the animal dies during the process of stunning, then its haram. But that chance is very very low.

wtf...i saw on the news that this fox bit a face of a twin baby. :smile:
roaming around feeely....out to eat you.

Here in the north its nice and quiet area, birds tweeting and that, in london all you can hear is car beeping. Soo industrialized and technological. Bare pollution, tell your mans to put them washing machine at 40 degrees!:cool:

What the hell you chatting, look he even put the links there in the other page that chances are similar of gettting 'transfered'. So you can';t say, this uni is more likely to get you transfered than another. It's similar.

Loooooooooooooooooooool :rofl: Well i cant say anything agains tthat bro. But i remember went london once, i just wanted a bottle of water :puppyeyes:...and it were like 4 quid.. and i were like allow this, i'll rather drink out the river.

reputation matters when it comes to certain things, such as him trying to get into medicine, apart from Leeds other Medical schools may not like that.

*facepalm* HMC doesnt allow stunning....HFA does, read up...........but theirs the problem you dont know if any of the animals died in the process, producing doubt, another problem is the animals come fromvarious farms which may not adhere to Islamic way of raising livestock.

¬¬ as if they would try it on with a bigger human, they look for easy targets.

i actually birds and i live close to central London :colonhash: and u can get nice quiet areas....we have a national park, loads of other huge parks, heaths,hills, etc Come London and see for yourself :tongue:

Well I'm saying, that in the case he didn't get it....so he has to pick a uni he'll enjoy and will support his case.

WHAT!? thats not possible............some water bottles cost a lot but those are premium ones....u shud have just gone sainsbury or something
Reply 21
But ranking isn't that low. If it differentiates from something like Oxford and Bradford, then obviously from a job point of veiw,you would choose the oxford dude.
But anything apart from the russel groups i think is all in the same game.

.....I get confused.. allow me fam., theres soo many diffi typess. HFA HDF HTC not my fault!
But then how do you know the normal way of making a halal animal, hasn't died? cmon man you cant always be like 'wjhat if what if', thats with everything. Even mcdonald chips, they cook in same oil as haram stuff some times...
But if its the closest thing we can get to halal in this country, then i think its aight...

oooh you're syaing your a bigger man, and they wudnt pick on you, but cos i'm petite girl they'll pick on me?
No one messes with me, i give them one look and booom, they're downnnn ! Trust, i could do the same to you right now.

Birds and you....oohh achaa..you're talking about 'birds' :sexface: the girls...naughty naughty.
I bet your parks are full of druggies.
Yeah i've been to london b4 i've told ya, it were kinda cool..but only for holiday..it's much too overwhelming for every single day. The north has the simple life. :smile:

Well he's enjoy bradford, cos it's more like his town! How do you know he'll enjoy ****ty london, where they speeak like laaaanndaaaann...how annoying! Our accents the don :wink:

Sainbury's expensive man wat you talking about, morrisons are cheaper. You don't evn know your bloody bargains, what kind of asian are you!

btw i got 6 ppl pming all at the same time..i'm gonna probs take a while getting back 2ya :s-smilie:

It's quite low in terms of it's medical background.............Medicine is highly competitive.........also from a jobs point of view...I would rather pick someone from the top 40 or 60 rather than Bradford.....because in many cases the uni u get into highlights the amount of effort u put in the past...shows work ethic over a long period of time.
QM is becoming russel group, a lot of the 1994+ group is very good.

HMC is the proper fully compliant one, HFA is the doubtful one which KFC and others take cos its the cheapest to get and label themselves as halal to make money ¬¬
Thats why you can't eat at Mcdonalds especially when we have such practices...stay away from doubt which will effect u. The normal way of raising a halal animal is that it should be treated well from the start unlike many farms cos of caged animals. You can get HMC, so get HMC :smile:

¬¬ no, if ur a baby or toddler, the foxes are more likely to target u, there not crazy enough to take on things which are bigger than them.
ur a girl :colonhash:

astagfirullah, whats wrong with u ¬¬... actual birds like Robins and stuff
Parks really aren't...go hyde park, regents park and stuff their really nice :smile:
It's not overwhelming, if u go into central than it's busy, but everything away from it isn't so bad...the suburbs are really nice.

Because London's diverse, u'll get a taste of everything.......

It's not, water is cheap there and stuff.......i got a Morrisons and Sainsbury near mine ¬¬

is it who u talking to :sexface:
Reply 22
But he ain’t going straight into medicine now is he. He’s doing clinical science, and foundation stuff like that is good in Bradford, trust manz knows these things.
I think the ranking is around 60’s.
Yeah but recently Bradford like refurbished that section of the uni,so they’re more specialized in that..
Yeah I herrddd. But for you it ain’t classified as russel group :eviltongue:

But all of it is dodgey. Ooh so you’re teling me Asians don’t get caged chicken eggs? It is cheaper.
But like even halal takeaways, you can’t be sure that they even did allah hu akbar on it. How do we know!?
Cos HMc is more expensive to buy…they mix it in with other stuff..yack! Like intestines and stuff…in donner :puke:

Oohh allow you and your sexist comments, I don’t care if they’re guy or girl, I’ve been in fights before, and when I’m angry, boooy am I angry. So I won’t let ‘people’ stop me from going to a university that is convenient for me.

Ooh so you’re girlfriends name is ‘Robin’ Achha..this is getting spicier now. :colone:
I’ve been east London, that’s very busy, and my time there was a good time. And yes it is diverse….

It’s not like that silly. Just people asking for my advice, like you are. :smile:
I am the advice guru..:cool:
Veryy long pms...as well..

I know thats why it's even more important because when he does go for medicine they'll ask him questions, etc.
Thats quite low.
It doesn't matter whether the equipment is amazing, it matters on the lecturers and the work ethnic at the uni.
Well not until August/September :smile:

Yeah it is, but as Muslims we are supposed to get things from animals where animals are treated well. Because halal shops get their stuff from a halal certified vendor who has a person on site to check them.

They pick HFA because all they care about is money and greed.........HMC goes through everything thoroughly so we dont have to worry :smile:

what!? u shudnt be in fights......im not sexist im quite nice, but u made it so tempting. Don't go Bradford seriously :/

¬¬ Robin is a bird bird
noun /bərd/ 
birds, plural

A warm-blooded egg-laying vertebrate distinguished by the possession of feathers, wings, and a beak and (typically) by being able to fly :colonhash:
Well thats cos in loads of boroughs they got their own main area of shopping.............East London like whitechapel is too Bengali for me.

really ...you and advice :tongue:
Reply 23
You don't need to go to the best of the best uni's to get to the top sometimes Iqbaal!
Yes it is,this uni will give students more help since we are not 'equals' of the society..
No but for you it aint..cos like you started 1 year ago. It'sfor the ppl next year!

Yeah not everyone has money like you baaly.
I'm actually the kind of person that like organic food and free ranged stuff...
But if i told ma dad that...he'd be like :lolwut:

That were in past tho...its just how it is in my area...some stupid girls wud say stuff to me...and i cudnt take it...so i hit her, and she never said anything to me again. :smile:

Shussh, i'm already going there, be happy for my please. I'm shocked that i'm even in uni, so don't diss, thankyou.

humans are warm blooded, egg giving, vertebrates as well :holmes: Look we all know who u were talking aboiut, just admit it..some gori called Robin :hubba:

Oh your just cocunut. Brick lane all the way inneh looool.
Hardly have any over here..so wen i do see a fishy. i get all excited and stuff..and then you find out..that they're too embaressed to be associated with another 'asian', cos they think they're white.

:eek3: kuthaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
if you dont like my advice don't take it. :huff:

I'm not saying the best of the best, but generally you should go somewhere decent which will give a better chance to succeed and recieve a better education.
No one's saying their not equals......just other uni's would be more suited to helping him like Kings and St.Georges who do medicine courses.
Well QMUL will be Russel group to whoever has their degree.

In all honesty the people who do HMC don't have exactly expensive food, just a slightly higher price or the same as HFA without the controversy.
Tekk your dad that animals need to be treated well in Islam.

Typical Bradford, hitting people is bad, dont be an abuser ur better than that :smile:

WHAT :0.........please try your best to go somewhere better, you can do so much better please

Humans don't lay eggs do they :colonhash: i was talking about birds not the slang term.

¬¬ i'm really not, I like diversity...don't like too much culture or badbiy.badgirl types either
Bradford is full of asians :s-smilie: plus i'm used to haning around non-asians thats why I struggle to find much in common with them.

im joking :colondollar: seems like ur in demand......come qmul :colone:
Reply 24

x

Original post by Iqbal007
x

Conclusion: Bradford has a good rep but compared to the other unis OP has applied to, its not the best (especially if OP wants to do Medicine). Fact. Some might like the Bradford surroundings, some may not.

Now, please stop faffing about.
Reply 25
Kindof on topic: got 4 offers, can I accept an insurance and reject another and leave the other 2 blank until I decide on my firm?
Reply 26
Original post by IzzyAnne
Kindof on topic: got 4 offers, can I accept an insurance and reject another and leave the other 2 blank until I decide on my firm?

I dont think so. I tried to do that but it didnt work.
Reply 27

Why not just wait and do it all at once?
Damn this thread got jacked by weirdos.

If it was me i'd reapply for medicine next year. If you definitely want to go though i'd personally firm KCL and insurance SGUL. Should definitely get some prospectus' and visit them though to see which you prefer.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ak137
Conclusion: Bradford has a good rep but compared to the other unis OP has applied to, its not the best (especially if OP wants to do Medicine). Fact. Some might like the Bradford surroundings, some may not.

Now, please stop faffing about.

It doesn't matter which uni you get your degree from, they're all considered the same for GEP applications.
Reply 30
I'm still confused as to what I should do. On the one hand, there is Bradford, quicker route into medicine, but I didn't like the city and university on the other hand there is SGUL longer route into medicine, but I like London, I've been there a couple of times and have enjoyed it but it is slightly more difficult to get into medicine, but better chance of of getting into medicine if I don't succeed transferring. Then there is KCL which gives no opportunity to transfer but better chance (than Bradford anyway) of getting into post grad medicine.
Reply 31
Original post by ak137
I dont think so. I tried to do that but it didnt work.

Original post by Besakt
Why not just wait and do it all at once?

Bah :frown:.. oh well, thanks for the quick replies, guys :L
Guess I'll keep on fidgeting...
Reply 32
Original post by hoonosewot
Damn this thread got jacked by weirdos.

If it was me i'd reapply for medicine next year. If you definitely want to go though i'd personally firm KCL and insurance SGUL. Should definitely get some prospectus' and visit them though to see which you prefer.

I know, I'm just waiting for a mod to come and clear it up. :redface:

Yeah I'm probably going to reapply but just in case I don't get the grades I need to pick something that will give me the best chances of getting into GEP.

It doesn't matter which uni you get your degree from, they're all considered the same for GEP applications.

What do you mean? Does that mean say for arguments sake I did the same course and achieved a 1st from Bradford would it be considered the same as a first from KCL? If I decide to do post-grad medicine?
Reply 33

Ah right! My bad :smile:
Bah :frown:.. oh well, thanks for the quick replies, guys :L
Guess I'll keep on fidgeting...

Its okay :smile:

Out of interest, which ones are you deciding on to be your firm? And for what course? :smile:
Original post by Besakt
I'm still confused as to what I should do. On the one hand, there is Bradford, quicker route into medicine, but I didn't like the city and university on the other hand there is SGUL longer route into medicine, but I like London, I've been there a couple of times and have enjoyed it but it is slightly more difficult to get into medicine, but better chance of of getting into medicine if I don't succeed transferring. Then there is KCL which gives no opportunity to transfer but better chance (than Bradford anyway) of getting into post grad medicine.

You've gotta be really careful about these "quicker routes" into medicine, they are HUGELY competitive and very difficult to get through. You should pick the degree based on where you want to study, because to put it bluntly the chances are that you won't transfer onto medicine.

You may well be super smart and hard-working at sixth form, but you'll be competing against people who have done just as well as you at that level. There are no guarentees with these kind of schemes.
Firm KCL, Insure SGUL
Reply 36
Lol, yes sir Mr. mod.

But may I add, it has more advantages than you have outlined!
You're make it sound so bad.

The fact that OP didn't want his thread hijacked should've rung some bells in your head.

You make it sound like oxford (lol) when it isnt. It isnt exactly rubbish either.
Reply 37
You've gotta be really careful about these "quicker routes" into medicine, they are HUGELY competitive and very difficult to get through. You should pick the degree based on where you want to study, because to put it bluntly the chances are that you won't transfer onto medicine.

You may well be super smart and hard-working at sixth form, but you'll be competing against people who have done just as well as you at that level. There are no guarentees with these kind of schemes.

I know judging from my open day at Bradford pretty much everybody on the course has an aim to get into medicine. The thing is with the one year course at Bradford if I don't manage to transfer I can apply elsewhere as it is only a one year course.
Reply 38
Original post by vedderfan94
Firm KCL, Insure SGUL

Why?
Original post by Besakt

What do you mean? Does that mean say for arguments sake I did the same course and achieved a 1st from Bradford would it be considered the same as a first from KCL? If I decide to do post-grad medicine?

Yes, medical schools admissions don't discriminate between where you obtained your degree from. So that isn't something you should be factoring into your decision.

Of course, if a university has a far better reputation than another, it's worth considering why they do. They probably have better facilities, better teaching, better opportunities etc so it may still be advantageous to you to go there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending