Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Other racing series chat thread

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness is down to only 8 films! Help decide on the final 4 now! 15-07-2014
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    I swear whenever i'm not watching the Le Mans race exciting stuff happens. I leave yesterday then Davidsons crash. And today i flick over to the Moto2 GP and then more stuff suddenly happens...
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lola up into 4th to spoil the party a bit. :coma:
    • 39 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's a ridiculous turnaround on Gene's car.

Front nose and suspension changed/fixed in EIGHT minutes? Obscene.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gotta admit, this is my first lm24 and I'm really quite enjoying it!
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nice Moto2 race so far. No spoilers but there's decent fighting going on in the front group.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Excellent last couple of laps there.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cal crutchlow
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex17595)
    Cal crutchlow
    So glad I didn't click here until I'd watched the race. Great job by Cal!
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yea, Cal did well, would have been a podium easily if he'd have started in a normal position.
    Moto2

Good race in the Moto2 as well. Smith/Redding changed lead about 6 times on the first lap. Smith dropped down a bit after but Redding finsihed strong and got a solid 2nd...
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can't say I know much about moto2 and 3. I'm new to bike racing... Still getting to grips with MotoGP, WSB and BSB. The latter is my favourite so far tbh.
    • 59 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Can't say I know much about moto2 and 3. I'm new to bike racing... Still getting to grips with MotoGP, WSB and BSB. The latter is my favourite so far tbh.
    Ahh, i follow motogp/2/3 more than the superbikes. Mainly because it's easier as they're all on at the same time...

Used to watch WSB/BSB but it's better when you know all the guys and support some of them etc but not too fussed i the superbike classes. Although if i'm around and they'e on i will watch them.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Had to watch Moto GP today to get my motorsport fix. Wasn't very exciting, nearly fell asleep.

Gutted I missed the le mans, was following it on twitter in the car, 3 weeks for Davidson to regain mobility and maybe 3 months before its fully healed. Apparently the chassis has survived and will be used again, shows how strong cars have become. I'm interested what the prototypes will look like in 2014 with the new rules. I completed the race on Gran Turismo 5 a couple of weeks ago, managed 8 laps more than the leading Audi in real life despite 8 hours of heavy rain :cool:
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    I watched some truck racing at Jarama yesterday. I love that track. Put trucks on it and everything goes bat **** mental.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Some of my pics from this years LM24 if anyones interested:

Not that many but I may not be a spectator for long so I enjoyed the race whilst I can!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Currrrtisssss)
    Some of my pics from this years LM24 if anyones interested:

Not that many but I may not be a spectator for long so I enjoyed the race whilst I can!
    Not bad, what are you shooting with? Shame about the catch fencing in the way, not much that can be done about that though! Could maybe crop a bit tighter on a couple of them? Why won't you be a spectator for long?
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    The black and white number 3 Audi is a great shot.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    MotoGP was a bit boring except for Lorenzo being dumped out by Bautista. Wonder how much money will be dumped outside his house for that one. Seriously though, it was just plain stupid really, he tried taking 6 bikes in one corner.

I highly recommend that people watch Moto2 and in particular Moto3. They were absolutely brilliant. :sexface: At one point in Moto3 the lead group was 24 bikes big and it went to a photo finish. :coma:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Had a great time at Goodwood yesterday. Went to sleep last night with the echos or engines still ringing in my ears
    Highlights: Ferrari, the Audi R18 e-tron (eerily quiet, barely louder than the all electric LMP2 car), RAF Tornado display, Vettel reducing some perfectly good tyres to thick clouds of smoke right in front of me The rally stage was good too.

I think I'll be back next year, maybe on a friday though, hopefully fewer crowds then. Difficult to even get round some of the paddock areas at times.

For rally fans, Marcus Gronholm has been involved in a crash at the X-games. Bit of concrete wall was sticking out which he crashed into.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    For rally fans, Marcus Gronholm has been involved in a crash at the X-games. Bit of concrete wall was sticking out which he crashed into.
    Promising news coming out via a number of sources... http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100859

Seems to have been very lucky...
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idris Dragon)
    Promising news coming out via a number of sources... http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/100859

Seems to have been very lucky...
    Very lucky. The last rally driver I know of to have hit something sticking out like that is Kubica and he hasn't been back to F1 and I'm now doubting he will make it back...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 25, 2014
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered motorsport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.