Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Soundtracks/theme tunes from old games which still come to you now?

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone has any in-game tunes which they occasionally remember randomly and then get stuck in their mind. Maybe you remember because it was just your favourite game, or the music represented an epic scene in the game etc.

For me this crops up in the brain sometimes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6GrZYE2il0

"Duuuu du du, du du du du du du..."

If they EVER actually end up re-making FF7 with modern day graphics. They can clearly update those Midi tracks, probably with proper orchestras recorded in high quality, but they best leave the main tune of Jenova alone! Add some electro to jazz it up..
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

Also, this:

:rofl:

• 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I always hear this song in my head when riding my bike

And this song still brings a tear to my eye; it's so full of hope. The perfect theme for a new beginning.

Actually, every single song in those games is epic.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Everyone time I have to jump over anything, pick up any coins, or eat any mushrooms this will play in my head without fail. Too bad there aren't any real life Goombas to jump on

• 142 followers

ReputationRep:

This is always in my head, perhaps because I used to play Resident Evil 2 all the time when I was younger.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    for me its streets of rage
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Road Rash 2 and Super Hang On had awesome sound tracks.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:

• 2 followers

ReputationRep:

:holmes:
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Just wondering if anyone has any in-game tunes which they occasionally remember randomly and then get stuck in their mind. Maybe you remember because it was just your favourite game, or the music represented an epic scene in the game etc.

For me this crops up in the brain sometimes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6GrZYE2il0

"Duuuu du du, du du du du du du..."

If they EVER actually end up re-making FF7 with modern day graphics. They can clearly update those Midi tracks, probably with proper orchestras recorded in high quality, but they best leave the main tune of Jenova alone! Add some electro to jazz it up..
    I love FF7!! Any song from that game is amazing lol I love one winged angel the most though and Aerith's theme song
    • 29 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Quite a few of the songs have had a revamp from Nobuo Uematsu and the Black Mages. Some are better than others, and I'm not quite so keen on J-E-N-O-V-A...

Some also got done up for Advent Children when that was released back in 2005, such as Tifa's Theme being made into a proper piano solo, and I love that version...it's one of two Final Fantasy VII songs on my iPhone, along with the original game version of One Winged Angel (what else? ). I've also got Suteki Da Ne and Otherworld from Final Fantasy X, and *cough* Real Emotion from Final Fantasy X-2 :ninja:

From the Black Mages versions of the VII songs, One Winged Angel and Those Who Fight Further are two of the better pieces they re-worked in my opinion...Those Who Fight Further is brilliant :suith:

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Doom and Monkey Island!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    The only tunes from old games that have stuck with my all the way till now is the classic tetris on the gameboy...
    simple game thats been with me through my childhood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmCCQxVBfyM

the main game, not the side one....
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    This thread has brought back the memories. Resi Evil 2, Pokemon and Halo. :clap2:

This is one theme that always comes to mind. I used to listen to this every time I played Far Cry and now fills me with anticipation for Far Cry 3, which can't come out soon enough.

Another favourite of mine. I actually kept a save file in Rex's Lair so that I could listen to this theme whenever I wanted.

Me and my Dad used to love listening to (and watching) this back in the day:

And no list of mine would be complete without a good old Resident Evil 'escape' theme:

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Tomato Convenience Store music from Shenmue comes to me often when shopping

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if y'all will recognise this game, but UN Squadron had some amazing tunes.
    Scratch that, it only had amazing tunes.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtJlan6Z3i4
    I didn't even play this one myself, I only ever watched my brother play it.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Surprised nobody's mentioned this classic yet

Also random tune from Mario Kart, I sometimes boot this up to listen to this and to drive up the side of the bridge :cool:

More recently, this has infected my brain
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Final Fantasy X, which I've mentioned in a few threads. SSX 3 had some great songs on it and got me in to Placebo at one point.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: August 29, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.