The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Deyesy
This is probably why we'll never have 'world peace'. Wars provide jobs. Simple as. I don't believe in starting wars for just this reason but they'll will never disappear sadly.

True Deys' so sad though.... It's crazy when you think about it!
Original post by mia )
i find his avatar funny :mmm:

NO it's not Miaa...It praises affairs...
Original post by tehFrance
:colonhash:

Spoiler

You're welcome :tongue:

:colonhash:

How can I not understand? I have a family with the majority in some kind of active military service (I have also lost family members in both Iraq and Afghanistan), I am absolutely gutted I cannot serve for France or the UK (medical reasons prevent me from serving :angry:). If anything I think I'd understand better than those who don't not come from military families.

You'd have to have my family to understand. I'm not going to talk about this because I feel like you may take offence, which I do not want as I understand that you have family in the military and of course have concerns for them/are proud but I can't be.

Sorry if I have already offended you in some way.
It is not, you are just a prude.

You are the prude teh. PRUDEEEEEEEEEEEE
Original post by RDavies93
Which one? :rolleyes:

:wink:
Original post by morris743
Oh yes. The bullets will bounce straight off, won't they.

My dad was in the armed forces for 25 years. He never got shot. Just a split chin from playing hockey :mmm:
Original post by morris743
:wink:

:hugs:
Reply 1226
Original post by *Bubble*
True Deys' so sad though.... It's crazy when you think about it!

Spoiler

Indeed it is. I mean there's other reasons why wars are started but certainly there's an economic aspect to them; which means in some cases people are losing their lives to just provide jobs...
Reply 1227

how?
You'd have to have my family to understand. I'm not going to talk about this because I feel like you may take offence, which I do not want as I understand that you have family in the military and of course have concerns for them/are proud but I can't be.

Sorry if I have already offended you in some way.

You haven't offended me I am just confused as you why you don't seem to want to support him in his choice of serving his country, yes it is the riskiest job in the world but it is also the most rewarding. If you want to talk about it in PM you can, if you want to leave it you can. I do hope you support and be proud your brother should he go ahead and sign-up.
You are the prude teh. PRUDEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yes I am the prude, the man that is very open about sex :rolleyes:
Original post by Deyesy
Well you'll find out soon enough? :tongue: The Cardiff show will be just AMAZING, the Birmingham show - probably like any other location :tongue:

I dislike dubstep so I'm absolutely gutted >.< Especially when Young Guns are supporting them on the European dates >.> I'd of LOVED to have seen them live...

Haha ayee I will. Cardiff shows are always amazing!
Ahh that's not good. Hmmm Young Guns. I'm trying to think if I've seen them before. I'm preeeettttyy sure I have. But yeah, that sucks!
Original post by Deyesy
Indeed it is. I mean there's other reasons why wars are started but certainly there's an economic aspect to them; which means in some cases people are losing their lives to just provide jobs...

Yeah... Apparently the second ww provided a crazy economic boost :rolleyes: Also, how come we had money for Libya and not for tuition fees? :holmes:......grrrrrr

Original post by mia )
how?

It was a french advert, and got thorough criticism due to it's slogan 'i'm going to a meeting' or something like that.
Mia, rebel!!!!!
(edited 12 years ago)
It was a french advert, and got thorough criticism sue to it's slogan 'i'm going to a meeting' or something like that.
Mia, rebel!!!!!

Oh no... it is a film.
Oh no... it is a film.

And you think that makes a difference to women? Now, apologise to the women in the whole wide world, and you shall might be mu hero, the one and only!!
And you think that makes a difference to women? Now, apologise to the women in the whole wide world, and you shall might be mu hero, the one and only!!

Yes.

No, I shall not apologise, why should I?
Original post by Jaydiee
My dad was in the armed forces for 25 years. He never got shot. Just a split chin from playing hockey :mmm:

Like I said...slim chance, but a chance all the same. To take a chance because something seems interesting...

Reply 1236

It was a french advert, and got thorough criticism due to it's slogan 'i'm going to a meeting' or something like that.
Mia, rebel!!!!!

i still think its funny :redface:
Hey Jade :smile:

How you been, missed you loads :colondollar:

I hope you had a lovely day...

Got any plans this weekend?

I got something for you Jade here....

:flower: I know it's not much,
Original post by RainPours
Hey Jade :smile:

How you been, missed you loads :colondollar:

I hope you had a lovely day...

Got any plans this weekend?

I got something for you Jade here....

:flower: I know it's not much,

Which part of Ireland?
Yes.

No, I shall not apologise, why should I?

Because you want to be my hero?!

Spoiler

Original post by mia )
i still think its funny :redface:

It's not mia!!!!!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending