The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mia )
night everyone :h:

xxx

Night mia :hugs:
xxx
Original post by morris743
A career where there is a greater risk of something happening which could affect your future? This is why I find it annoying why people are almost forced to take these kind of decisions so young.

Anyway, I don't think such a decision (yes, it's slim risk) should be taken because there is a mild interest there. If it is something you know inside out and have been passionate about it for a long time, and very deepy, then maybe - maybe - pursue further. But just to have a job?

Well she might become more passionate about it in the future as she goes along with it. I don't think it's wholly bad. As long as the person weighs up the pros and cons, then it's fine imo.

Even though there is a greater risk; its essentially the same with everything.
There is a greater chance of dying if you step out of your house, or driving a car instead of walking; and nobody can say this is an absurd example as it almost happened to me. :tongue:
Original post by Jaydiee
Thank you Dave!

So you prefer to be agreed with rather than being given sound advice? Obviously your decision. I just think it needs a lot more thought and reasoning.
Original post by *Bubble*
What I mean is.. No point making it like as europeans we have ethics and then getting our clothes made in chinese factories... That's a joke..
I go about backing out by trying to achieve a global equal society, here and overseas. Otherwise it's hard to do it solo, cause you lose on competitivity ect.
Let's change the world, Straw.

But how would you do it? I think it's hard to achieve that with countries such as China and North Korea as they are.
The world is interdependent.
Original post by Spontogical
Well she might become more passionate about it in the future as she goes along with it. I don't think it's wholly bad. As long as the person weighs up the pros and cons, then it's fine imo.

Even though there is a greater risk; its essentially the same with everything.
There is a greater chance of dying if you step out of your house, or driving a car instead of walking; and nobody can say this is an absurd example as it almost happened to me. :tongue:

You say a lot of things, David. But in real life scenarios, you seem to change. I don't get it.

Yes those are risks - risks most people are exposed to already. Why add to it unneccessarily?

You can't base someone's life on a post saying "well as long as the pros and cons are done and dusted"

Jeez. Again, I thought I was so immature. Where it matters, perhaps not.
So you prefer to be agreed with rather than being given sound advice? Obviously your decision. I just think it needs a lot more thought and reasoning.

As Dave just said, there's more chance of me dying in a car crash. And just because you may go to war zones etc that doesn't mean I'll be on the front line. I wouldn't be infantry, I'd be an officer. It's like being an army medic, I'd be out there for the legal side!
Original post by Stray_talk
But how would you do it? I think it's hard to achieve that with countries such as China and North Korea as they are.
The world is interdependent.

I don't know how, because I don't have the knowledge. What I do know is the policy makers have sufficient knowledge and skill to axe the economy in a far more favorable way for all. It is a decision they are making not to. Even when they comission research (their 'facts'), it is entirely subjective and pre determined... so I am not sure how as a society we could push forwards, on equal terms...
?
You say a lot of things, David. But in real life scenarios, you seem to change. I don't get it.

Yes those are risks - risks most people are exposed to already. Why add to it unneccessarily?

You can't base someone's life on a post saying "well as long as the pros and cons are done and dusted"

Jeez. Again, I thought I was so immature. Where it matters, perhaps not.

Real life scenarios? I'm exactly the same. It's what the person wants to do; she knows what she's getting into. If its their dream etc, why stop them by saying "well this and this could happen.."?

I don't understand what you mean about being so immature.

People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true, pretty much.

Sound advice? Sure your advice may be sound, but there is nothing wrong with what I said tbh.
Original post by Jaydiee
As Dave just said, there's more chance of me dying in a car crash. And just because you may go to war zones etc that doesn't mean I'll be on the front line. I wouldn't be infantry, I'd be an officer. It's like being an army medic, I'd be out there for the legal side!

And what about this training? If you're in a warzone, you're a bit less safe than in normal circumstances no matter where exactly you are.

I know I sound like I'm having a go here; please don't read it that way. I'd say the same to anyone given the time and energy.
Original post by Jaydiee

If you aren't in combat and you'd be in a position similar to a medic then you'd be in a pretty safe place. I'm pretty sure there's only been one British army medic die in Afghanistan and that was a couple of weeks ago. You'd be surrounded by some of the best people in the world at what they do.

Basically, and I've felt this a while now, you talk the talk but when it comes to real life situations, you're just like the majority. Sorry.
Perhaps this will change in two years or after.
Original post by *Bubble*
I don't know how, because I don't have the knowledge. What I do know is the policy makers have sufficient knowledge and skill to axe the economy in a far more favorable way for all. It is a decision they are making not to. Even when they comission research (their 'facts'), it is entirely subjective and pre determined... so I am not sure how as a society we could push forwards, on equal terms...
?

Sorry Bubz, I don't see it happening. Certainly not in our life time.
Original post by TheMagicRat
If you aren't in combat and you'd be in a position similar to a medic then you'd be in a pretty safe place. I'm pretty sure there's only been one British army medic die in Afghanistan and that was a couple of weeks ago. You'd be surrounded by some of the best people in the world at what they do.

Cool. But don't take a risk unless you're 100% sure you actually want to take the risk.
Basically, and I've felt this a while now, you talk the talk but when it comes to real life situations, you're just like the majority. Sorry.

You are so patronising, sometimes. You come off sounding as though you know best.

lol the majority would are too chicken**** to do half the stuff I'm able to do. You'll see eventually. I don't follow anyone but I stick by my resolve at the end of the day.

How am I like the majority exactly? :s-smilie:
Sorry Bubz, I don't see it happening. Certainly not in our life time.

:frown: I know, I've slowly lost hope tbh..
Still I think Charities and external pressure have a massive role to play.. So maybe that's the way forward, like Wikileaks ect...
You are so patronising, sometimes. You come off sounding as though you know best.

I don't care how I come off. I care more about others and situations over how I myself look.

I don't know best. I may know better than some. How can I be wrong in this situation? Hmm? I expect a full reply. This is quite important.
lol the majority would are too chicken**** to do half the stuff I'm able to do. You'll see eventually. I don't follow anyone but I stick by my resolve at the end of the day.

How am I like the majority exactly? :s-smilie:

....Can't be bothered to reply.
I don't care how I come off. I care more about others and situations over how I myself look.

I don't know best. I may know better than some. How can I be wrong in this situation? Hmm? I expect a full reply. This is quite important.

Straw, Mo, you should get married. Can I be the main bridesbaid? :flutter:
And what about this training? If you're in a warzone, you're a bit less safe than in normal circumstances no matter where exactly you are.

I know I sound like I'm having a go here; please don't read it that way. I'd say the same to anyone given the time and energy.

I don't train in a war zone. I'd train in the UK. And yeah of course a war zone is less safe that living in a small, quiet, boring village. But chances are I wouldnt even be sent out there.

It's highly unlikely that I will ever get far enough to do this anyway so there's no point in anyone supporting or advising me against the decision.

Latest