The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Any decent radio stations in Lancaster?

I was just wondering whether there were any good radio station that you can listen to in Lancaster? :smile:

I come from Durham and have listened to the same one (metro radio) since i was little and will miss it when i go to uni! :redface:

Any suggestions? :rolleyes:

Maybe there's a uni radio station i can get involved with? :confused:
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Or listen to Metro FM online? That's what my flatmate from Durham does.
Reply 3
Thanks i was goin to do that just wasnt sure how to set it up!

:smile: :p: :redface: :rolleyes: :wink:

itll remind me of home!!!
Reply 4
97.4 is Rock Fm, although their name is a bit misleading. They're pretty much exactly the same as Metro. Check 'em out online if you want http://www.rockfm.co.uk
Reply 5
Bowland
97.4 is Rock Fm, although their name is a bit misleading. They're pretty much exactly the same as Metro. Check 'em out online if you want http://www.rockfm.co.uk

I can't get Rock FM anymore. :frown:
we get bailrigg fm, the student radio.If that's not good enough, then God has creted Radio 2 and Radio 4. These are absolutely brilliant and are available nationwide!
BlackpoolCraig
we get bailrigg fm, the student radio.If that's not good enough, then God has creted Radio 2 and Radio 4. These are absolutely brilliant and are available nationwide!

Weirdly enough, I can't actually pick up Bailrigg on FM! You can always listen online though.

We get 'The Bay' here too, although the signal seems to be pretty weak for me. I tend to stick to 'good old Radio 1 though.
Reply 8
I can't pick up Rock FM or BailRigg as im not on campus, I can get The Bay though which is Lancaster and South Lakes local commerical radio station, it's ok I guess plays a mix of old and new songs.
Reply 9
I can just pick up Rock FM, don't like The Bay or Bailrigg much, and listen to BBC Radio Lancashire for the football on a saturday.
Century's a pretty good all round station (105.4) that plays everything from 80's, 90's, and now.
Reply 10
Bowland
Century's a pretty good all round station (105.4) that plays everything from 80's, 90's, and now.

You sound like an advert. :p:
Reply 11
Stick with Radio One - Covers most stuff. I cant get Bailrigg and im on campus! The Bay is also ok.
There is a fantastic Radio station
Hi @Naomi 1987,
I'm a second year student at Lancaster,
We have a student radio station called 'Bailrigg FM' as someone mentioned and it is definitely possible for students to get involved! I actually know some people who have a slot on the radio show on a Tuesday evening where they chat about what they like.
If this is something you'd be interested in, look out for the media conference at the start of first term.
If you have any other questions let me know!
Charlotte :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending