(Original post by Mess.)
Of course there is a lot of anger surrounding Hillsborough due to the lies peddled by the s*n, goverment and police...
As for the rest, I'll write it in a list so as to keep it simple:
1) Hillsborough happened on April 15th, the match that was going to be played was an FA CUP SEMI FINAL
2) Since that time, Liverpool as a club, the supporters and the families of those who died
have had a memorial service on April 15th.
3) The families of those who died
do not want Liverpool to play on that day, Liverpool as a club do not want to play on that. Therefore we do not play on that day.
4) If Liverpool were forced to play on the 15th, the majority of supporters would prefer to see us leave the competition.
5) We have not played on April 15th for 20+ years and this is the first year it has ever caused an issue
6) Chelsea haven't even bothered appealing as they respect the wishes of Liverpool.
7) Chelsea asked for the match to be played on the Friday - the FA, Tottenham and the police refused
8) The FA want to pay off the overpriced crap that is Wembley so force semi finals to played there.
9) If semi finals were still played at various venues around the country then there would be no issue.
10) ITV also have control of match times, which is why Chelsea are playing at 6pm rather than 1pm.
I may have missed some things but you should get the gist.
As an aside do you want to be the person who tells the families how best to mourn their dead? Why do you think you know better than them for how they want to mourn their own family members?