Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help please! Head Lice (I am a guy)

Announcements Posted on

Does anyone know how to get rid of head lice without killing them? There are head lice and head lice eggs in my head though I take showers/baths regularly.

Any advice greatly appreciated. I do not want to kill, thanks.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I seem to remember using hair conditioner as a child. And a nit comb.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, when my siblings and me were younger we had some special conditioner and a metal comb thing to get rid of them. Not sure how you'll manage to not kill them since they can't live outside your hair anyway?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    pretty sure the only way to fully get rid of them is to kill them using the special head lice killer shampoo
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you remove them they'll die eventually anyway. Your head is their habitat.

You might as well kill them more quickly and humanely.
    • 41 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Does anyone know how to get rid of head lice without killing them? There are head lice and head lice eggs in my head though I take showers/baths regularly.

Definitely knitcomb........
    http://www.patient.co.uk/health/Head...l-Overview.htm

Try that, they got 2 methods one with wet hair, the other dry hair. And if it's a major issue they list recommended treatments.
    • 141 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Contrary to popular belief, head lice actually prefer clean and healthy hair.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nit comb your head 2-3 times a day and make sure that one of them is when your hair is wet. Also, make sure that you disinfect and clean the comb afterwards. That's how I got rid of them when I was younger It might be worth getting someone else to help you with the combing, fresh pair of eyes and all that jazz!

You can buy the medicated stuff for them but it never worked much with me really so I wouldn't recommend them really. Make sure to keep on top of it to make sure that they don't come back!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    They'll die anyway, so get some hair treatment from the chemist and a fine tooth comb and strip your bed sheets and wash them too.
    • 42 followers

ReputationRep:
    Go to a chemist and get a nit comb and some nit treatment, they'll die if you just comb them out so you may as well use the proper treatment.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Carry on as normal and just say that they prefer clean hair if it bothers anyone.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Shave your head and start afresh.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Comb them out and stealthily introduce the colony to a dislikable person's head as a humane new habitat.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    you sound like a buddhist... so shaving your head would be most appropriate
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you got ring worm would you be seeking fungus-friendly treatment?
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nit comb, wet hair, regularly.

The actually live outside the hair for a few days so killing them off may well be a great idea. Live lice are bastards to comb out unless your hair is wet as they can crawl away. The dead ones will just comb out without fuss.

You will need to do this regularly, avoid contact with other heads, strip and hot wash bedding, clothes and cushions and try and think of where you may have got them. I had them chronically at school due to lil bros and sister bringing them home. :rolleyes:

You have to attack them ruthlessly. I'd say kill the lil ****ers.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I'm a mum and have had plenty of experience of getting rid of those pesky parasites. Over the years head lice have become increasingly resistant to chemical treatments. My advice is to get yourself a Nitty Gritty Nit Comb (the only one that I found actually worked properly). Cover hair with conditioner. Fill sink with water. Comb through your hair and rinse off comb each time you put it through your hair. You will need to do this constantly for 20 mins+. Change water in sink as necessary - you will see the lice and eggs removed fairly easily - until there appear to be no more to remove. Rinse hair. Change and wash your bedding.

You will need to repeat this method every 2 days until there are no more lice and eggs.

Hope this helps!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Go bald
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    theres no way not to kill them really ... they cant live outside of hair for very long ..
    not quite sure why you wouldnt want to kill them theyre bloody annonying vermin.
    but just use a nit comb, i think theres certain shampoos/sprays whichll kill them aswell but hey ho..
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    get some full marks mouse, thats really good and should do the trick

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 11, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.