Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Imam marries gay Muslim couple in France, French government refuses to recognise it.

Announcements Posted on
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    You're doing it again... YOU DO NOT GET TO SAY WHO IS MUSLIM AND WHO ISN'T

If you want to be like that then... I think you're a dope, therefore i think YOU ARE NOT A MUSLIM... See how stupid that is?

Believe it or not, there are clear criteria for what constitutes a Muslim. Scholars agree on this. It's a rich religion, it's not a loose hocus pocus jumbo jumbo you casually read in your basement. One of the criteria is believing in every verse in the Quran. Denying the truth of a verse takes you out of Islam. So you can't say there are three Gods or alcohol is okay or being gay is allowed. Those clearly contradict the book.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silent ninja)
    You're clutching at straws. It's very clear from the context of this thread what gay and homosexual means. We're not talking about the closet type!! Same sex can't be involved in ANY way whatsoever in that manner, this would include marriage since that is a union of a couple.
    I'm hardly clutching at straws, I'm showing you the difference between being gay, and homosexual acts. Or are you going to start arguing with me and say that there's no different between being a heterosexual and having sex?

Yes, marriage is a union of a couple, but that means many things to people. Did you ever consider that the reason this couple got married was to show their love and commitment to eachother?
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloe xxx)
    Exactly, muslims have said this before on here in the past, that being a Muslim is simply that.
    Yep sure is! So that person doesn't really have any authority in proclaiming who's a Muslim and who's not lol
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reform)
    Dealing with your first comment, let me put it this way.

If a Muslim drinks alcohol, they are still a Muslim although they have committed a sin. If they however believe it is their right to drink alcohol and that they're allowed then they're no longer a Muslim.

If you believe one part is wrong, you may as well not follow any part. It's as simple as that tbh.

This may be the 7th, 30th or the 65th century. It doesn't really matter.
    When you read my posts, the bit where I say something like, 'that's your view, you may think its correct but not everyone, other people have different views they consider to be correct', what do you think I mean by this exactly?

Do you think I'm saying "blah blah blah, he's mental but he's still Muslim because I say so"?

Incase you were wondering I'm not.... You seem to be repeating yourself over and over, can you comprehend that not everyone will hold the same views as you? Do you understand this?

Last line is also YOUR VIEW
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    My argument is that he CANNOT believe he is correct because it goes directly against the Quran and Sunnah.

I'm not saying he isn't a Muslim.

For instance, deliberately missing one of the five prayers in Islam is kufr.
    You said he wasn't a Muslim if he believed what he was doing was in line with Islam, which tbf to him he probably knew it was wrong (from an Islamic perspective)

But, as he's gay himself he probably sympathised with the couple.

Not sure what you're getting at with your prayer thing
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Believe it or not, there are clear criteria for what constitutes a Muslim. Scholars agree on this. It's a rich religion, it's not a loose hocus pocus jumbo jumbo you casually read in your basement. One of the criteria is believing in every verse in the Quran. Denying the truth of a verse takes you out of Islam. So you can't say there are three Gods or alcohol is okay or being gay is allowed. Those clearly contradict the book.
    Why does it matter what scholars agree on? If you held alternative views and you became a scholar, then what? Scholars after all are only people, like you.

Not everyone is going to hold the same views... That's why religions will be split up... I.e. sunny/Shia/etc

You can't use someone else's opinions, or your opinions as facts used to judge other people....

Believe it or not, but there is no such thing as a true Muslim detector, all you get are a bunch of arrogant prats who think they know a Muslim when they see one when they do not
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akash11)
    Nobody is saying its from islam youve just repeadly claimed its not permited in islam, and it attitudies like yours which create hatred towards muslims and prevent islam from moving into the 21st century. Like or not people do not like have a segement of the population with such constracting views on society people like are the problem with intergration.
    Nobody says it's from Islam? Have you read the thread title. It clearly suggests via mentioning the imam that it is indeed from/condoned in Islam.

If integration is a homogenous bunch of people, then I think you'll find many people disagree with it. We are all different but as long as we're not hurting each other who cares? We're in Britain so I frankly don't care what gays get up to, it's not my business, but what does bother be is 'imams' like this spreading mistruths and misleading people.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dmon1Unlimited)
    Why does it matter what scholars agree on? If you held alternative views and you became a scholar, then what? Scholars after all are only people, like you.

Not everyone is going to hold the same views... That's why religions will be split up... I.e. sunny/Shia/etc

You can't use someone else's opinions, or your opinions as facts used to judge other people....

Believe it or not, but there is no such thing as a true Muslim detector, all you get are a bunch of arrogant prats who think they know a Muslim when they see one when they do not
    Scholars actually study texts, research and are knowledgeable so forgive me for taking advice from an expert with credentials. Why don't you become a chemist so that you can make your own medicines? No need for a GP either just study medicine in your basement.

FYI Islam is very structured and the core is clearly defined. It's not a do it yourself religion and make up as you go along. It's an institution.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's an institution.
    Like the US Military?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayshizzle)
    I'm hardly clutching at straws, I'm showing you the difference between being gay, and homosexual acts. Or are you going to start arguing with me and say that there's no different between being a heterosexual and having sex?

Yes, marriage is a union of a couple, but that means many things to people. Did you ever consider that the reason this couple got married was to show their love and commitment to eachother?
    Homosexual love and commitment to each other you mean. Do you marry your friends? In that case it is considered gay and forbidden. It's simple.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Scholars actually study texts, research and are knowledgeable so forgive me for taking advice from an expert with credentials. Why don't you become a chemist so that you can make your own medicines? No need for a GP either just study medicine in your basement.

FYI Islam is very structured and the core is clearly defined. It's not a do it yourself religion and make up as you go along. It's an institution.
    Islam is not an institution.

It is summed up as purely the words of God in the Qur'an.

Anyone can choose to interpret the words of God in any way they want, even Muslims. There is nothing you or I can do about that.

So obviously gay Muslims, or gay Imams/Muslim Scholars have very different inerpretations on the issue of homosexuality in their religion than you or I do, whether we view their stances as incorrect or not.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

What and someone with different views can't do the same?

I assume, the scholar I mentioned is the chemist and the gp is yours. Well isn't that biased of you....
    Why do you think a scholar with alternative views is inferior to 'regular scholars'?

a correct example would be: a scholar with alternative views is a GP that uses a different variety of medicine that still work....

To someone who takes it too literally, perhaps, to someone who actually thinks about others compassionate, it's not as literal. Your issue is you think people randomly make up new stuff they want to follow to take the piss.... They truly believe in it... How would you like me to say you are not Muslim because you follow it the old fashioned way?
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Homosexual love and commitment to each other you mean. Do you marry your friends? In that case it is considered gay and forbidden. It's simple.
    Actually being gay or having a gay marriage is not at all punishable in Islam.

It is sodomy which is the big debatable issue. (I.e having anal sex with someone, regardless of their gender.)

Loving another man romanticly is not even mentioned or condemned in the Qur'an.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayshizzle)
    You said he wasn't a Muslim if he believed what he was doing was in line with Islam, which tbf to him he probably knew it was wrong (from an Islamic perspective)

But, as he's gay himself he probably sympathised with the couple.

Not sure what you're getting at with your prayer thing
    If a Muslim declares something as lawful, while it is unlawful in the Quran and Hadith, how can they still be a Muslim?
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Show me the verse where it says it is forbidden to love someone of the same sex? Do I marry my friends? No because I'm not in love with them (bar my bf) and don't need an official commitment ceremony.
    And "gay" and homosexual are the same thing, in case you weren't aware.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    If a Muslim declares something as lawful, while it is unlawful in the Quran and Hadith, how can they still be a Muslim?
    Again simply being gay and loving a partner of the same sex is not condemned in the Qur'an or actually pubishable in Islam.

SODOMY is what is referred to in the story of Lot, Sodom and Gomorrah, and what is essentially referred to as "backward" in the Qur'an by God.

Loving someone of the same sex, and having anal sex are two VERY different things.
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Did he say it was lawful?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    What if the gay couple dont entertain in anal sex for non religious reasons and only have oral sex?

Is that, likewise, condemned by the Quran?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are you just going to sprout the same nonsense over and over?

It's not like he's randomly declaring crap for no reason...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 22, 2012
New on TSR

Find out what year 11 is like

Going into year 11? Students who did it last year share what to expect.

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.