Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Applying to Oxbridge? I've made something for you!

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by such_a_lady)
    Obviously :lol: I was the one asking all the questions about the Waynflete building over in the other thread^^
    Ahh! I thought I recognised the username. Apologies, we have mock exams at the moment and I am a bit distracted...

Well I am making another video project special for the Freshers, so you'll be seeing that before you arrive
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Btw, how important do you think the TSA is for PPE? Especially for an international applicant not having done the GSCE and thus having no real grades to be assessed on apart from school ranking in previous years. I've heard some say that if you get a good enough TSA score, maybe 80 or above, they'll invite you to interview no matter what and only reject you if your interview is really quite bad.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can we get this stickied nowish please?

Smart initiative.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeonstorm)
    Btw, how important do you think the TSA is for PPE? Especially for an international applicant not having done the GSCE and thus having no real grades to be assessed on apart from school ranking in previous years. I've heard some say that if you get a good enough TSA score, maybe 80 or above, they'll invite you to interview no matter what and only reject you if your interview is really quite bad.
    Well my TSA score was above 80, and I didn't get an interview, but maybe the cutoff is higher...

Applied with IB predicted score of 37, SATs of 2290, mediocre PS
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oxford Oxford Oxford!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eldedu)
    Well my TSA score was above 80, and I didn't get an interview, but maybe the cutoff is higher...

Applied with IB predicted score of 37, SATs of 2290, mediocre PS
    It might have been your IB prediction I guess. If it doesnt even meet the requirement, its unlikely they'll invite you to interview. Although do you mind sending me your PS? I'd be interested to read it nonetheless.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Thank youu for making these videos So useful
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeonstorm)
    It might have been your IB prediction I guess. If it doesnt even meet the requirement, its unlikely they'll invite you to interview. Although do you mind sending me your PS? I'd be interested to read it nonetheless.
    Yes, I know. I was just trying to illustrate that there is no "interview no matter what" policy at Oxford which is what you seemed to be asking in your first post. You either have what they're asking for or you don't.

While it's very kind of you to still be interested "nonetheless", I'd rather not actually, it was quite personal. Basically I said too much about my own life experience and not enough about the books I'd read, my ideas on the subject, etc.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eldedu)
    Yes, I know. I was just trying to illustrate that there is no "interview no matter what" policy at Oxford which is what you seemed to be asking in your first post. You either have what they're asking for or you don't.

While it's very kind of you to still be interested "nonetheless", I'd rather not actually, it was quite personal. Basically I said too much about my own life experience and not enough about the books I'd read, my ideas on the subject, etc.
    Yeah, sorry, I meant if all other requirements had been passed, since I'm assuming most applicants would meet the requirements if they chose to apply and yet only like 45% are invited for interview.

And that's cool, I understand your decision. I apologise if I caused offence.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thanks
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    The 12 minute, hugely comprehensive Personal Statement Guide is now online!

http://youtu.be/17EPnhhHopE
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    The 12 minute, hugely comprehensive Personal Statement Guide is now online!

http://youtu.be/17EPnhhHopE
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you do like the series, please do share it !
    • 82 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ja-m-ie)
    If you do like the series, please do share it !
    I'll send it to my Deputy HoS who was head of the Oxbridge Committee and knew way less than I did :facepalm:

Also spotted you on the Magdalen group- talk about ubiquitous!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    You're hot.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by such_a_lady)
    I'll send it to my Deputy HoS who was head of the Oxbridge Committee and knew way less than I did :facepalm:

Also spotted you on the Magdalen group- talk about ubiquitous!
    Hmm... then by deduction you are Chiara ?
    • 82 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ja-m-ie)
    Hmm... then by deduction you are Chiara ?
    How did you guess
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you like the series, please do send it to your schools and peers!

Happy May Day
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    The Interview video is now Live!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...eature=mh_lolz

• 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Interview video is now live: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...eature=mh_lolz

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: December 1, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Oxbridge Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.