The Student Room Group

OCR AS Philosophy and Ethics Exam 16th May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HopefulFutureMedic
I know! i think we do philosophy first, so by ethics i will definately be brain-dead!
hope it goes well, just give it your best shot :biggrin:

I'll be brain-dead as soon as I enter the exam :tongue:
and you too! knock them dead! :biggrin: (maybe we'd be able to all pass on default then haha... lucky thinking though, right? :tongue: )
BYE EVERYONE, GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL! LETS HOPE WE ALL GET THE GRADES WE WANT/DESERVE.

JUST GIVE IT YOUR BEST SHOT, TRY EXPLANING EVERY POINT IN MUCH DETAIL AS POSSIBLE.

I WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST.

I'M NOW OFF TO DO QUALITY REVISION RATHER THAN JUST READING THE POSTS ON HERE :biggrin:

Toodels!
Original post by KitKatTime
I'll be brain-dead as soon as I enter the exam :tongue:
and you too! knock them dead! :biggrin: (maybe we'd be able to all pass on default then haha... lucky thinking though, right? :tongue: )

Aaaww thankyou, and hahaha maybe we will!
You'll be fine, let me know how it all goes...
going to be doing a late nighter and tommorow after the exam i'm going straight to sleep!
Reply 143
In terms of Absolute and Relativist views and there relation to Euthanasia for example would you just do.

Absolute =

Kant and Natural Law

Relativist=

Situation Ethics and Act Utilitarianism

And then say how they relate to Euthanasia?

Please Help!!! :smile:
Original post by HopefulFutureMedic
Aaaww thankyou, and hahaha maybe we will!
You'll be fine, let me know how it all goes...
going to be doing a late nighter and tommorow after the exam i'm going straight to sleep!

You'll be fine too :smile: Same goes for you! Haha.
Yeah, pretty much the same tonight. Going to force tea or coffee down me tonight and just hope that keeps me awake long enough :smile:
Reply 145
What do you all think will come up on the philosophy paper?! I am ****ting myself
Reply 146
Wait? OCR do philosophy too? I was told it was only AQA! Then again my Philosophy teacher is one of the cheif examiners for the AQA paper, but still I've always hated AQA courses and philosophy is the only one I'm doing, OCR for my other papers.. My philosophy clashes with my Chemistry, so I'm going to be in isolation for a day :frown: Really starting to resent my teacher tbh.
Sorry for invading this thread :|
Does anyone have any tips AT ALL for the philosophy paper? I'm having last minute panic :'(
I feel so unprepared!
Reply 148
Original post by britash
Can I please have a copy? This is really good ^^
Completely panicing.
Just done Plato. So I know that now.
Got to do Aristotle, Teleological, Ontalogical, Moral, Iranaeus and Augstines Theodicy and read over the attribtues of God and Creatio ex Nihilo.

Planning on doing an all-nighter :frown:

there you go, also TRIED TO included 2 revision guides but too big
x
Original post by ChloeJaneR
Does anyone have any tips AT ALL for the philosophy paper? I'm having last minute panic :'(
I feel so unprepared!

My teacher is the writer for the philosophy section of the Philsophical Investigations website, and he suggested to us in class that Augustine's account for evil, Descartes' ontological argument and Aristotle's Prime Mover might well come up tomorrow. :smile:
exam 2moz :frown:

unit 1 + unit 2

got a B in unit 1 before doing retake

unit 2... praying for easy creation (darwin, R.d ETC )/ miracles(HUME, SWINE-BURN lol etc) questions
Reply 151
if in jan they asked explain biblical and scientific explanations or something
will then anything be needed bout judeo-christian stuff x
Out of interest any predictions for ethics?
Reply 153
Original post by Lorem Ipsum
Out of interest any predictions for ethics?

I think Just war theory and maybe kantian ethics? My teacher thinks Moral absolutism/relativism is very likely to come up
Original post by Celina2
I think Just war theory and maybe kantian ethics? My teacher thinks Moral absolutism/relativism is very likely to come up

Would really like Kantian ethics, JWT would be hell, the other I could probably blag something...I would die for two explain x's theory of x...I don't like all the complicated formulations they come up with :/.
Reply 155
Original post by Lorem Ipsum
Would really like Kantian ethics, JWT would be hell, the other I could probably blag something...I would die for two explain x's theory of x...I don't like all the complicated formulations they come up with :/.

Yeah i know what you mean! I'm always like why would you even ask that?! UGH. But yeah just war will deffs be the death of me
lol lol lol i'm going to fail philosophy ! what are the chances that a goodness of god and a god as creator will come up?
Original post by Celina2
Yeah i know what you mean! I'm always like why would you even ask that?! UGH. But yeah just war will deffs be the death of me

I'm much more worried about ethics, all this 'applied ethics' stuff is mental.

Although in general my opposing philosopher's opinions are weak, I need to revise Schliermacher and Hume badly. So much to learn, so little time.
Reply 158
Original post by alicerosemcl
lol lol lol i'm going to fail philosophy ! what are the chances that a goodness of god and a god as creator will come up?

Compare scientifc and philosophical views on the creation of the universe
january 2012
Reply 159
Can someone give me some pointers as what to write for Euthanasia with (kantian ethics, natural law, utilitarianism etc)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending