The Student Room Group

29 and still single. I'm becoming a joke.

Hi

I've been single all my life and I feel complety useless i can't find a GF. At this rate I will hit 50 soon. Its not helping by doing nothing. I'm too shy and bearly leave the house or have many friends, most of them are married and don't go out much any more. I tried every thing from internet dating, social activites, dating coaches. But I revert back to my normal self, even when I managed to talk to complete strangers. I just find it difficult to make the approach and keep thinking they will never like me because I'm not good looking enough or that im asian. I was even thinking about giving up and finding an oversea dating agency. Just finding dating really difficult.

What should I do?
Original post by superman Zog
Hi

I've been single all my life and I feel complety useless i can't find a GF. At this rate I will hit 50 soon. Its not helping by doing nothing. I'm too shy and bearly leave the house or have many friends, most of them are married and don't go out much any more. I tried every thing from internet dating, social activites, dating coaches. But I revert back to my normal self, even when I managed to talk to complete strangers. I just find it difficult to make the approach and keep thinking they will never like me because I'm not good looking enough or that im asian. I was even thinking about giving up and finding an oversea dating agency. Just finding dating really difficult.

What should I do?

At the continued rate of 1 birthday per year, you'll hit 50 in 21 years. Soon is defined as: 'In or after a short time' so I think you've got a while before you'll soon be 50. Hope that's some consolation.

Oh, and.. is this you leaving the house?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Overcoming your shyness is what you need to fully concentrate on. Pushing yourself out of your own comfort zone by doing things you aren't comfortable doing will be how you become more confident in yourself and around women you're interested in meeting and dating. Overcome your fears and do zany things like sky-diving which will boost your confidence to the point where talking to a woman won't be so scary anymore. Join a decent dating site (not a free one since most of them are full or desperate guys wanting sex and women doing it for the ego-boost/attention) and set up a profile that makes you stand out and appealing to women that might be interested in meeting up with you. Shyness has held you back for a while now, so it's time you overcome it so you can start living a better life.
Reply 3
Maybe you're chasing the wrong type of girls? There are plenty of people who moan about being single because they're only chasing the prettiest people. If you're not already doing so, you could try (I know this may sound shallow) going after girls that are on a similar attractive level to you? Maybe you would have more success doing so and also it will give you experience in interacting with girls and being in a relationship.

Do you work? Try talking to the girls at work. Flirt with them a little, see what makes them tick. This will give you more confidence when approaching girls.

I haven't tried this myself but you could try looking into PUA if you want tips on picking up girls in a non-club/bar atmosphere. There are some forums on here that you can meet other wannabe PUA's in your area.

If you don't do this already, STOP PUTTING GIRLS ON A PEDESTAL (most important). Seriously chatting up girls isn't a life or death matter. Treat it as a bit of fun. Girls are not demi-gods so don't lick their arses! Flirt with them, be a bit cocky with them and just HAVE FUN.

Prepare for rejection. The key to success with girls is dealing with rejection (second most important). Once you have that mastered rejection then getting girls will become second nature. Remember not every girl will want to date you and many girls will reject for many reasons NOT the fact that they don't like you.

Dress better. Not like the douches from Topman but dress trendy. Girls don't like people who cant look after themselves.

Go to gym not only because girls love a good body but also because it will give you more confidence and increase your self worth.

Get a new hairstyle. Nothing too extreme but something that looks good. Try out different styles to see what suits you. Again, confidence booster.

So yeah here's a start lol Remember you're here on this earth once, if you want something so bad then fight for it and you WILL be successful. If you give up you will single forever. Cold hard truth.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MancBoy
Maybe you're chasing the wrong type of girls? There are plenty of people who moan about being single because they're only chasing the prettiest people. If you're not already doing so, you could try (I know this may sound shallow) going after girls that are on a similar attractive level to you? Maybe you would have more success doing so and also it will give you experience in interacting with girls and being in a relationship.

I've been single for quite a while now and people told me the same things but there's really no point. It might sound harsh but if you don't fancy someone, you never will. Looks do matter in a relationship. I'm not saying my partner would have to be prefect (I'm not either) but I would have to be attracted to them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending