Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Revsing at night

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    i really cant work in the day - too much distractions.
    so ive decided to revise from 8-12/1ish
    is this a wise decision ?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldstander212)
    i really cant work in the day - too much distractions.
    so ive decided to revise from 8-12/1ish
    is this a wise decision ?
    Whatever suits you. Although I know a lot of people work better in the morning because their mind is fresher from a nights sleep.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    depends how well you concentrate at night. If you're falling asleep I wouldn't recommend it- you're hardly going to be productive. But if you find that you can get most done at night then it's probably best, but don't sacrafice your sleep!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's fine! Whenever you've got time/feel best placed. If you choose to go into the professions, you'll have to revise at night later on because you'll normally be working for a firm via a training contract; law, accountancy, insurance etc. So in some respects, it's good to get used to revising at night
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yea, sometimes i find it good to revise at night. I sit with my duvet and look over books/make notes and it's actually nice.

I've heard that facts "sink in" when you look at them just before you sleep. I don't know whether that's an old wive's tale though! I suppose it means there are no distractions later in the "day" to make you forget?!

Personally i'd only revise though, wouldn't do a page of maths sums as i think i'd be too "relaxed" for them.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burgerrr)
    Yea, sometimes i find it good to revise at night. I sit with my duvet and look over books/make notes and it's actually nice.

I've heard that facts "sink in" when you look at them just before you sleep. I don't know whether that's an old wive's tale though! I suppose it means there are no distractions later in the "day" to make you forget?!

Personally i'd only revise though, wouldn't do a page of maths sums as i think i'd be too "relaxed" for them.
    The 'sink in' thing sounds like rubbish to me. It just comes down to how you prefer to work. If you're a morning person etc.

I agree with you about doing maths in the day. Subjects where the revision is quite intensive like maths/physics/chemistry etc. requires you to be awake and have a lot of concentration. But if you're reading through a textbook or a book for english it's fine to do it at night.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's fine Whenever you think suits you best. I do really early mornings and it seems to work well so you'll be fine. Whatever floats your boat really.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Urn it all depends on how you revise. Personally I think that's too late but so long as you have breaks, sure. I dont know about the whole, around 12ish thing though. That's late, and it's a time you need sleep.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 11, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.