The Student Room Group

How and why are One Direction so popular everywhere........?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Mendeleev's Table
...but their music is still bad

first of all ur posts are insane !!! seroiously those are adeles views on youtube lol.

and secondly yea they may have trashy music but nowadays no one seems to care , its all down to looks ...
Reply 121
Original post by Colour Me Pretty
Oh get off your high horse, men are just as shallow as women - we live in a looks obsessed society. Stop hating and just accept people like them, jeez.

Obv men appreciate appreciate attractive women as much as women do men. When I see Heidi Klum, I think yeh she's hot but I don't start buying tickets to all her fashion shows and sending death threats to her boyfriends etc. like One Direction fans do if any of them start dating girls. These girls think for some reason they have a chance or something with any of the One Direction members when they couldn't give two ****s about them
Reply 122
Being popular is a good thing, no?
Reply 123
Original post by Florrick
Being popular is a good thing, no?

Yeh but I cant understand why they're popular cos they're **** and annoying
Reply 124
Original post by newts2k
Yeh but I cant understand why they're popular cos they're **** and annoying

I'm indifferent. Hope they don't out turn out to be messed up like Amy Winehouse tbh.
Reply 125
Stick with your own music and calm down. Yes they're **** but let them listen to it.

I will stick with my hip hop, only time i get pissed is when people say hip hop is all about sex drugs and money when it's a LOT more than just that
Reply 126
Original post by dylantombides
The people who like their music have no idea what real talent is. The people who like them are probably girls who are about 15, buy all their clothes from Hollister, watch X Factor and Britain's Got Talent every night, love Bieber, Rebecca Black, Ollie Murs, JLS, N Dubz and any other corny mainstream pop artist(s) that make terrible, yet catchy songs. They probably go around gossiping to other girls about 'which one is the hottest' from One Direction.

Yeah this is pretty accurate... Well except for liking Bieber. Most beliebers hate directioners, and most directioners hate beliebers... And really? who actually LIKES rebecca black? I like Olly Murs though...

Anyway, yeah... they're cute, they have fun personalities, they get a lot of publicity, they're friends with a lot of other UK stars (little mix, ed sheeran, nick grimshaw), they're decent singers (not the best but better than most of us), they're hits are catchy and the not so popular songs on their album actually have decent lyrics... and that's pretty much it.

I like them... they probably won't last for too long though..:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending