The Student Room Group

WJEC English Literature A2 Exam 20th June 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shaziaxo
Stay positive, you never know! I've seen so many people do better in English than what they thought. You're lucky you don't need it for uni, I'm jealous lol!

I got an A in my coursework, but my exam essays have been low Bs and Cs for Hamlet. I need an A to get to uni, so I'm praying for a miracle lol! What about you?

Aw, thanks. Yeah, I guess I need to be positive right about now. Lol my mum asked me why I was worrying for it, seeing as I don't need it, but I'm naturally anxious due to exams :rolleyes:

Oh, I got an A, too =) Well done. And I've been getting low B's and C's on Hamlet essays too! Wow, too much of a coincidence, lol.

Oh, what course do you plan on taking?
I havent learnt a single quote yet...because Ive been busy with the sciences :frown:

With a weak to go...is it still possible?

I need an A aswell -_-
Dreading this D:
Reply 63
Original post by ConstantlyStressed
Aw, thanks. Yeah, I guess I need to be positive right about now. Lol my mum asked me why I was worrying for it, seeing as I don't need it, but I'm naturally anxious due to exams :rolleyes:

Oh, I got an A, too =) Well done. And I've been getting low B's and C's on Hamlet essays too! Wow, too much of a coincidence, lol.

Oh, what course do you plan on taking?

Lol thats crazy! That's mothers for you lol! I'm hoping that I make up for it in WOB tbh :/

Hopefully, I want to do law. Exciting stuff, I know... What about you? :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by Princess Kawaii
I havent learnt a single quote yet...because Ive been busy with the sciences :frown:

I need an A aswell -_-

Its always possible ahaha. So long as you already know the info you need for your AOs, you'll be able to learn loads of quotes (I think!)
Lol thats crazy! That's mothers for you lol! I'm hoping that I make up for it in WOB tbh :/

Hopefully, I want to do law. Exciting stuff, I know... What about you? :smile:

Yeah, same here. Oh, wow, that's pretty cool :smile: What do you need to get for your firm choice?

And I'm choosing Psychology...should be fun :smile:.
Reply 66
So screwed, one week to go and I still don't know anywhere near enough quotations. Our teachers won't tell us our coursework marks either so I'm going into the exam with no idea what grade I need, this should be fun...

(ps. if anyone has any answers to Blake or Hamlet/The Revenger's Tragedy questions they did really well on, feel free to share :tongue: really need to see some model answers...)
Reply 67
Original post by ConstantlyStressed
Yeah, same here. Oh, wow, that's pretty cool :smile: What do you need to get for your firm choice?

And I'm choosing Psychology...should be fun :smile:.

Thank you...That sounds so good! I'd love to do something like that, but I'm terrible at science or anything remotely close to it.

I need A*AA boohoo! It makes me want to cry all of the time. I need AA and welsh bacc for my insurance though, so I have a better chance there lol! What about you?
Original post by 11flon
So screwed, one week to go and I still don't know anywhere near enough quotations. Our teachers won't tell us our coursework marks either so I'm going into the exam with no idea what grade I need, this should be fun...

(ps. if anyone has any answers to Blake or Hamlet/The Revenger's Tragedy questions they did really well on, feel free to share :tongue: really need to see some model answers...)

Theres a couple on the previous pages : )
Does anyone know if, god forbid, something like religion came up for the Tempest (not so bad for Faustus) what they'd write about to sustain three paragraphs?
Reply 70
Original post by christacrisp
Theres a couple on the previous pages : )

ah I should've looked, thank you :smile:
Reply 71
Original post by christacrisp
no problem! there's no way of knowing to be honest, theres always a chance, but its unlikely. I think it is, because the quicker and easier you can draw information from a poem the better, because that's exactly what we need to do in the exam.

I think it's always useful to practice technique whatever you do, especially for this, where we need to quickly spot poetic techniques etcetc

ok thank you for your advice!
Thank you...That sounds so good! I'd love to do something like that, but I'm terrible at science or anything remotely close to it.

I need A*AA boohoo! It makes me want to cry all of the time. I need AA and welsh bacc for my insurance though, so I have a better chance there lol! What about you?

Aw, haha I'm sure you'll do really well. I need AAB,so I'm relying on Eng Lit as that B :P
Reply 73
Hey! I'm doing this exam too - anyone else doing Hamlet/The Revenger's Tragedy and/or The Wife of Bath? Majorly stessed and I don't think I know enough :/
Original post by johyy
ok thank you for your advice!

no worries love
I need an A on this exam to get into university which I know is not going to happen. I'm not confident with either Chaucer or Measure For Measure/Duchess of Malfi because our teachers basically told us to pick our own quotes and find some criticism to memorise. But how am I supposed to know which quotes will be relevant for which topics, and where am I supposed to find criticism? As a result the exam is a few days away and I barely know anything.

If anybody could help me out with useful quotes or criticism for either Chaucer or Shakespeare/Webster I'd be very grateful.
Reply 76
Original post by Princess Kawaii

I need an A aswell -_-

And you are going to be doing pharmacy at uni as well right?

SNAP I am in the exact same position, got chem the day before this so I'm revising for that. Predicted an A for this.. wth..:'(
Reply 77
Original post by bellequarantaine
Does anyone have a hunch about what you reckon's going to come up for King Lear or Blake? Im soooo so scared xxxx

I'm doing these as well! Yikes :eek: :/ :s
Reply 78
Original post by Azwozzle
Hey! I'm doing this exam too - anyone else doing Hamlet/The Revenger's Tragedy and/or The Wife of Bath? Majorly stessed and I don't think I know enough :/

yes! I'm doing them both, I cant help feeling like I have to know both pieces ENTIRELY to have enough quotes! And the social background, especially in the WOB with all the biblical references/St Jerome etc.. aagh!
Reply 79
what grade did everyone get at AS and for their coursework? I literally know NOTHING about the plays... 5 days to learn it! relying on good coursework to bring it up really :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending