Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is your religion?

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't have one. For me scientific facts and evidence that can be proven and demonstrated far outweigh some writing in a few hundred/thousand year old book by people wanting to explain what science couldn't at the time.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Islam.

I look up to all the prophets,

Adam, Jesus, david, Noah, Moses, Mohammed (Peace be upon them all) etc..
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    Norse Pagan - Gods with epic beards, giant hammers etc? Now that's a religion.

Or being serious - Atheist.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Roman) Catholic, but have been to Anglican services for a while now as well.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    Zoroastrianism.
    • 25 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jameslad)
    Islam.

I look up to all the prophets,

Adam, Jesus, david, Noah, Moses, Mohammed (Peace be upon them all) etc..
    Oh, thank you. :fan:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Addzter)
    Oh, thank you. :fan:
    :P
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like turtles.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Polytheistic, I look up to Iris, Ra, and Horus (pbuh).
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final Fantasy)
    [insert religion]. [insert fallacy e.g. argument from emotion].
    I thought you were a Quran-only Muslim? Unsurprisingly these don't last.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aphotic Cosmos)
    It's nothing like a religion, but I guess I'd be described as a Humanist more than an Atheist.

I look up to the stars, nature and the human spirit. We don't need gods to be good.
    The reason why religion is popular is because it provides absolute morality rather than moral relativism. Obviously in practice Christian morals have changed a lot in Europe - just compare it to a thousand years ago, you can also compare Christianity today in Europe vs. North America vs. South America vs. SE Asia vs. Africa and will see huge differences but Christians will argue this is the fault of cultural differences rather than religion.

If you don't have religion and your morals are defined by conventional wisdom then you'd surely have to concede that in the future aspects of your current morality will be seen as abhorrent since conventional wisdom in the future will be different to that which exists now. This could be something like eating meat, treatment of paedophiles, the existence of nation-states and national pride etc etc.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brutal Honesty)
    The reason why religion is popular is because it provides absolute morality rather than moral relativism. Obviously in practice Christian morals have changed a lot in Europe - just compare it to a thousand years ago, you can also compare Christianity today in Europe vs. North America vs. South America vs. SE Asia vs. Africa and will see huge differences but Christians will argue this is the fault of cultural differences rather than religion.

If you don't have religion and your morals are defined by conventional wisdom then you'd surely have to concede that in the future aspects of your current morality will be seen as abhorrent since conventional wisdom in the future will be different to that which exists now. This could be something like eating meat, treatment of paedophiles, the existence of nation-states and national pride etc etc.
    So what you're saying is that if people can come up with good, solid reasons why society should change its attitude towards paedophiles and eating meat etc, big bad atheists will go ahead and listen rather than stubbornly stick to an outdated religious dogma? How terrible of us - I'm going to take up one of the many religions that are popular in my local area right away.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Athiest.
    I look up to Darwin,Richard Dawkins, and learned people in the field of science.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brutal Honesty)
    I thought you were a Quran-only Muslim? Unsurprisingly these don't last.
    What are you talking about? I'm not a Muslim.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm very confused about religion atm..
    I guess i believe in different aspects of different religions. Zen Buddhism, Christianity, Judaism, Islam.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomp33)
    Athiest.
    I look up to Darwin,Richard Dawkins, and learned people in the field of science.
    Scuse me, what bastard religious person negged me? I'm perfectly entitled to believe this.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Again? Stop Negging me because im athiest.

Imma neg all muslims now, your picking on an athiest, ill pick on a certian religion.
    Just stop it. Its my opinion...
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Islam
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Christianity
    • 99 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xAditi)
    Maths and Science. I only believe in what can be proven.

EDIT: Seriously? I got negged for this?
    Neither mathematics nor science is a religion. Hence why you got negged, this isn't a thread for us.

(Original post by tomp33)
    Athiest.
    Atheism isn't a religion either. See reason above.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 17, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.