The Student Room Group

I'm evil and definitely not normal

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Raj K
mmm.. is your star sign Aries? LOL (sorry i actually believe in personality characteristics of star signs).. people think im stupid ..maybe i am ..maybe star signs are just full of rubbish but i refuse to believe that :/

He was obviously born under Venus when it crossed Jupiter's trajectories with the Seventh Sun, while Tatooine watched. Jesus, get your facts straight.
Reply 21
Sound like a bit of a sociopath to me.
Original post by ckingalt
Sounds like a classic sociopath to me. By the way your feelings are not very unusual at all. You may enjoy reading The Catcher in the Rye. It's a classic, because so many people relate to it. I think you will to.

Some of the OP's comments about lack of empathy and lack of emotion does feel like a classic example of sociopathy. Also the sense of superiority and detachment. I enjoyed Catcher In The Rye as a teenager - but who doesn't? It hits that sense of alienation and apathy at that age bang on the head.

I think it's worth the OP talking to a professional to manage these impulses and personality traits. Think it might be an idea. No judgement.

In terms of personality, I'm the complete opposite to the Op, I over empathise to the point where I feel so keenly I get worked up. I cry easily. Not that I'm weak, I just feel intensely and it can be hard not to feel others feelings too. Been like that my whole life. Mum would have to turn the news off when I was small as I'd be in floods of tears at the war and famine coverage. Being very thin skinned is tough too and equally is something I have to manage. Might work for the OP. No human being is one personality fits all.
I have evil thoughts and in the past I have done some evil things. I was a nasty kid and my parents worried about me as I was nasty, selfish and cared only about myself.

I think you play up your negative traits and have a self inflated view of yourself. You say nothing fazes you but keep yourself to yourself. If I didn't care about anything I wouldn't make the effort to blend in, I wouldn't make the effort for anything.

You have undesirable traits but not necessarily evil. Do you hurt things or people? Your post suggests you dont so I wouldn't say you're evil. You do have characteristics of a personality disorder and social ineptitude which can be discussed with a professional.

I don't think you should accept that this is the only way you can operate in society and you don't need to be an outcast. I didn't make friends until I was 11 and when I did I didn't really care about them. I used to be bullied and take that out on weaker targets to get some control over my emotions. I was also very selfish and didn't care about anyone or anything. I didn't see a Dr about it as I grew out of that mindset, in fact now I'm someone people confide in and rely on and I prefer that to the miserable wreck I once was.

Speak to someone.
Original post by IAmTheWumAndOnly
I know for a fact that I'm an evil person. I don't deserve a place in society but the only thing keeping me as a normal functioning member of society is the fact I can control the urges. I'm 100% not normal.

Other people like to see other people happy. I like to see people sad. It makes me feel better about myself and makes me aware of the fact that I'm not the only one going through stuff in my life. Why wouldn't it lift my spirits?

Reasons I am not normal

Death doesn't faze me. Nothing does.

I have a strange view of people. I see them as objects who can be discarded easily rather than emotional beings

I only care about myself and close people, everyone else doesn't matter

I don't feel emotion at all

When bad things happen in the news, I don't really care. Everyone pretends that they're sympathetic but I'm more interested in the event than the actual loss of life. Why should I care about some random folk?

I don't care about sex any more because people use it as a scapegoat to show love when its all a farce. People do it for their own self gratification, nothing more, nothing less.

I don't go out of my way to make others look bad but when they bring it upon themselves it makes me happy.

I'm not aggressive, I just sit back and let it play out.

I believe life is one big farce where people put on a show, rarely showing the real them. Nature intended for survival of the fittest but man has ruined nature and forced so called moral values upon others

I do my best to blend into society to not cause a fuss

I pity gullible good people who take me at face value. I see them as weak and easy to break down like puppets on a string

I have evil thoughts all the time but never act on them. I'm not that stupid. Society doesn't take too kindly to those who act as nature intended but would rather people act by societies rules and be dictated to.

Anyone else feel like this? I try to be normal but its like acting and very stressful. Sometimes its so hard to keep going to blend in. Whenever I watch something on a TV show that involves blood or someone who is sick and twisted it gets me interested. I never like the good guys in TV shows, always the villains, because I feel I have a relation to them :smile:

You came on here seeking the support of strangers. Doesn't that make you weak? It's kind of contradictory. My guess is some complex or NPD. Or BFTD.
Reply 25
Original post by emily.knight
This sounds very much like aspurges syndrome, a friend of mine acts in a very similar way and has been diagnosed with this :smile:

Are you taking the piss?

Original post by medic_armadillo7
I would certainly agree. I sound like you have Asperger's syndrome or another related disorder such as high-function autism. I'm guessing you've always felt like this. Do you ever fail to see other people's point in an argument and do you ever feel a bit threatened or uneasy, when put in an unfamiliar situation or go to a new place? I'd go and see your GP about it, so that if it is having an impact on your life to the point that you're constantly noticing it, they can put you in touch with someone that can help.

OP is not a sociopath, that implies he has an antisocial personality disorder, which usually comes out of a childhood of abuse, neglect and failure to observe rules, etc. The term "sociopath" is used far too liberally in society. The guy sounds like he has something on the autism spectrum of disorders.

I know you're a medic, but I would love to know where you got the connection between sociopathic tendencies and autism from. Autistic people tend to be a little more critical of society and analyse it pretty highly, but the other things the OP mentioned has nothing to do with autism at all.
(edited 11 years ago)
I know for a fact that I'm an evil person. I don't deserve a place in society but the only thing keeping me as a normal functioning member of society is the fact I can control the urges. I'm 100% not normal.....

Original post by emily.knight
This sounds very much like aspurges syndrome, a friend of mine acts in a very similar way and has been diagnosed with this :smile:

I would certainly agree. I sound like you have Asperger's syndrome or another related disorder such as high-function autism. I'm guessing you've always felt like this. Do you ever fail to see other people's point in an argument and do you ever feel a bit threatened or uneasy, when put in an unfamiliar situation or go to a new place? I'd go and see your GP about it, so that if it is having an impact on your life to the point that you're constantly noticing it, they can put you in touch with someone that can help.

Original post by tikkitak
Sounds like you're a bit sociopathic:
http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

There's actually quite a lot of sociopaths around apparently, especially in high up positions in business. You seem to have very good insight though, which is a good. If you're worried about it (which you don't seem to be, not sure what the point of your thread is?) then go talk to someone.

OP is not a sociopath, that implies he has an antisocial personality disorder, which usually comes out of a childhood of abuse, neglect and failure to observe rules, etc. The term "sociopath" is used far too liberally in society. The guy sounds like he has something on the autism spectrum of disorders.
Reply 27
Hitlers right hand man :biggrin: :fuhrer:
Reply 28

:dontknow: I just remember watching a programme on it which seemed to suggest it was actually quite common (it was on the BBC so it must all be true :tongue:). Although since we don't know about his childhood, it could be feasible that he is one? Although I suppose autism would be more likely!
Either way, he should talk to someone about it.
Reply 29
Original post by American Vampire
He was obviously born under Venus when it crossed Jupiter's trajectories with the Seventh Sun, while Tatooine watched. Jesus, get your facts straight.

LOL! guess you're rightttttt!!! i can be really stupid!
Original post by Raj K
LOL! guess you're rightttttt!!! i can be really stupid!

:biggrin:
Reply 31
Original post by American Vampire
:biggrin:

=) i've never had many neg reps in my life before hahahaha
Reply 32
You're a high-functioning sociopath, be aware that emotion can develop.
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
Serious real life LOL going on there. :biggrin:

Same :biggrin: It was funny, then I saw Frodo Baggins and started howling :')
Sociopath. Go into business you'd be awesome.
Reply 35
Are you Patrick Bateman?

You accuse yourself of having no feelings nor self gratification and all other people operate under those premises, yet how do you feel strong enough to post how you feel on an internet forum? You obviously aren't much different. This is self gratification.

Aspergers and other Autistic spectrum disorders leads to a lack of emotion, not just a lack of empathy which the OP is describing which is sociopathy.

Personally I think Sociopathy isn't used liberally enough in society, and also it's still up to be proven whether sociopathy is due to genetics or experience, might be due to both or either.
I know for a fact that I'm an evil person. I don't deserve a place in society but the only thing keeping me as a normal functioning member of society is the fact I can control the urges. I'm 100% not normal.

Other people like to see other people happy. I like to see people sad. It makes me feel better about myself and makes me aware of the fact that I'm not the only one going through stuff in my life. Why wouldn't it lift my spirits?

Reasons I am not normal

Death doesn't faze me. Nothing does.

I have a strange view of people. I see them as objects who can be discarded easily rather than emotional beings

I only care about myself and close people, everyone else doesn't matter

I don't feel emotion at all

When bad things happen in the news, I don't really care. Everyone pretends that they're sympathetic but I'm more interested in the event than the actual loss of life. Why should I care about some random folk?

I don't care about sex any more because people use it as a scapegoat to show love when its all a farce. People do it for their own self gratification, nothing more, nothing less.

I don't go out of my way to make others look bad but when they bring it upon themselves it makes me happy.

I'm not aggressive, I just sit back and let it play out.

I believe life is one big farce where people put on a show, rarely showing the real them. Nature intended for survival of the fittest but man has ruined nature and forced so called moral values upon others

I do my best to blend into society to not cause a fuss

I pity gullible good people who take me at face value. I see them as weak and easy to break down like puppets on a string

I have evil thoughts all the time but never act on them. I'm not that stupid. Society doesn't take too kindly to those who act as nature intended but would rather people act by societies rules and be dictated to.

Anyone else feel like this? I try to be normal but its like acting and very stressful. Sometimes its so hard to keep going to blend in. Whenever I watch something on a TV show that involves blood or someone who is sick and twisted it gets me interested. I never like the good guys in TV shows, always the villains, because I feel I have a relation to them :smile:

You're so edgy, man.
Original post by najinaji
Are you taking the piss?

I know you're a medic, but I would love to know where you got the connection between sociopathic tendencies and autism from. Autistic people tend to be a little more critical of society and analyse it pretty highly, but the other things the OP mentioned has nothing to do with autism at all.

No, I am not taking the piss.

"I have a strange view of people. I see them as objects who can be discarded easily rather than emotional beings"
He lacks the ability to sympathise with occurs, not to directly cause them harm nor have any remorse for his actions.

"I only care about myself and close people, everyone else doesn't matter" "I'm more interested in the event than the actual loss of life. Why should I care about some random folk?" He is more interested in the event happening than what is going on those affected.

"I don't care about sex any more because people use it as a scapegoat to show love when its all a farce. People do it for their own self gratification, nothing more, nothing less." This is not a trait that it commonly seen with those with anti-social personality disorders. However, lack of interest in sex and romance is quite common in people with an ASD.

"I'm not aggressive, I just sit back and let it play out." Being aggressive is one of the core features of a sociopath. They often are pre-diagnosed as having a conduct disorder and having had several run-ins with the law.

"I have evil thoughts all the time but never act on them. I'm not that stupid. Society doesn't take too kindly to those who act as nature intended but would rather people act by societies rules and be dictated to." Sociopaths have a lack of understanding and observing rules and boundaries. He has insight into the fact that his thoughts are evil. A sociopath would not.

Sociopaths generally have anger issues, are impulsive, and can lack insight into their behaviour. He realises what he is doing. If it was a sociopathic issue, he would have known about it years ago or would be in jail.

Quick Reply