The Student Room Group

I'm evil and definitely not normal

Scroll to see replies

The new Bin Laden is here. Run! ****ing run!
Reply 41
You're most probably a sociopath. Around 1 in 10 people are.
Basically, let's put it this way, the OP is just a geeky nerd sitting in front of his computer screen 24/7.
He never leaves the house and sits there fantasising about his macabre emotions.

Reminds me of the 14 year old teenager who killed him mum with a hammer the other week.
Reply 43
Original post by emily.knight
This sounds very much like aspurges syndrome, a friend of mine acts in a very similar way and has been diagnosed with this :smile:

This. I was recently diagnosed with aspergers, and I can relate with many things about the OP's 'world view' (except all the 'evil' stuff, because I genuinely care about people and aren't an elitist like you).

OP - It sounds like you have asbergers because you seem to hate the hypocritical ways people act and lie to themselves, don't feel empathy, don't feel responsibility towards those you don't directly care for, and so on. However, you also sound a bit like a general dick as well, because some of us are 'good' enough despite not feeling empathy.

I'd strongly advise reading 'the Outsider' by Camus. If you feel companionship with the main character, try and get a diagnosis.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by IAmTheWumAndOnly
I know for a fact that I'm an evil person. I don't deserve a place in society but the only thing keeping me as a normal functioning member of society is the fact I can control the urges. I'm 100% not normal.

Other people like to see other people happy. I like to see people sad. It makes me feel better about myself and makes me aware of the fact that I'm not the only one going through stuff in my life. Why wouldn't it lift my spirits?

Reasons I am not normal

Death doesn't faze me. Nothing does.

I have a strange view of people. I see them as objects who can be discarded easily rather than emotional beings

I only care about myself and close people, everyone else doesn't matter

I don't feel emotion at all

When bad things happen in the news, I don't really care. Everyone pretends that they're sympathetic but I'm more interested in the event than the actual loss of life. Why should I care about some random folk?

I don't care about sex any more because people use it as a scapegoat to show love when its all a farce. People do it for their own self gratification, nothing more, nothing less.

I don't go out of my way to make others look bad but when they bring it upon themselves it makes me happy.

I'm not aggressive, I just sit back and let it play out.

I believe life is one big farce where people put on a show, rarely showing the real them. Nature intended for survival of the fittest but man has ruined nature and forced so called moral values upon others

I do my best to blend into society to not cause a fuss

I pity gullible good people who take me at face value. I see them as weak and easy to break down like puppets on a string

I have evil thoughts all the time but never act on them. I'm not that stupid. Society doesn't take too kindly to those who act as nature intended but would rather people act by societies rules and be dictated to.

Anyone else feel like this? I try to be normal but its like acting and very stressful. Sometimes its so hard to keep going to blend in. Whenever I watch something on a TV show that involves blood or someone who is sick and twisted it gets me interested. I never like the good guys in TV shows, always the villains, because I feel I have a relation to them :smile:

... So why is your display picture puss in boots? :eyeball:

Tbh OP some people, if not most go through one of those 'life is ****e' phases, I'm only saying this because I have a friend who was like this and is now completely, dare I say it, 'normal' or she's not having these thoughts anymore and just gets on with things.

A few of the things you listed don't make you evil, like the only caring for family and friends, a lot of people can relate to that. Death not fazing you, loads of people just accept it as a natural part of life and depending on what you believe, entry to the afterlife or whatever.

If you don't think any of these things apply to you, then maybe talk to someone? If not like a councillor, close family or friends who could help/guide you through?

Hope that helps, and just to reiterate, OP you're not evil.
Reply 45
I know for a fact that I'm an evil person. I don't deserve a place in society but the only thing keeping me as a normal functioning member of society is the fact I can control the urges. I'm 100% not normal.

Other people like to see other people happy. I like to see people sad. It makes me feel better about myself and makes me aware of the fact that I'm not the only one going through stuff in my life. Why wouldn't it lift my spirits?

Reasons I am not normal

I have a strange view of people. I see them as objects who can be discarded easily rather than emotional beings

When bad things happen in the news, I don't really care. Everyone pretends that they're sympathetic but I'm more interested in the event than the actual loss of life. Why should I care about some random folk?

I don't care about sex any more because people use it as a scapegoat to show love when its all a farce. People do it for their own self gratification, nothing more, nothing less.

I don't go out of my way to make others look bad but when they bring it upon themselves it makes me happy.

I believe life is one big farce where people put on a show, rarely showing the real them. Nature intended for survival of the fittest but man has ruined nature and forced so called moral values upon others

I pity gullible good people who take me at face value. I see them as weak and easy to break down like puppets on a string

I have evil thoughts all the time but never act on them. I'm not that stupid. Society doesn't take too kindly to those who act as nature intended but would rather people act by societies rules and be dictated to.

Anyone else feel like this? I try to be normal but its like acting and very stressful. Sometimes its so hard to keep going to blend in. Whenever I watch something on a TV show that involves blood or someone who is sick and twisted it gets me interested. I never like the good guys in TV shows, always the villains, because I feel I have a relation to them :smile:

Nice username. Very fitting for your thread.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by najinaji
Are you taking the piss?

I know you're a medic, but I would love to know where you got the connection between sociopathic tendencies and autism from. Autistic people tend to be a little more critical of society and analyse it pretty highly, but the other things the OP mentioned has nothing to do with autism at all.

You can be autistic and a sociopath. There's no 'connection' as such, but its perfectly feasible that one can be both. The OP clearly has autistic aspects to their personality (I say this as someone who has aspergers but is not 'evil').
Original post by Helloworld_95
Aspergers and other Autistic spectrum disorders leads to a lack of emotion, not just a lack of empathy which the OP is describing which is sociopathy.

Personally I think Sociopathy isn't used liberally enough in society, and also it's still up to be proven whether sociopathy is due to genetics or experience, might be due to both or either.

I'm telling you, it' is not sociopathy, because sociopathy is generally a disorder of violence and those who have antisocial personality disorders (sociopaths) are often unaware of it, and have usually been labelled as having a conduct disorder before the age of 18,have had several run-ins with the police and have had a horrible upbring involving neglect, physical, sexual and emotional abuse. It is not a light diagnosis, like being a little depressed or anxious. OP obviously has emotions, but the picture I'm getting is that it's not necessarily appropriate to the emotions to the people around him, which is classic of autism spectrum disorders. I don't know OP personally, but the description is almost classic. Not to mention that despite the scaremongering of some undercover report into sociopathy/antisocial personality disorders, they are exceedingly rare, and if there's is anything wrong it is more likely to be Asperger's/High-functioning autism or if I am wrong (a conduct disorder). Again, people use the term sociopath, far too lightly for what is a very serious mental health disorder. My point is if you've ever spent time and managed such patients, you wouldn't be saying that

[*]I only care about myself and close people, everyone else doesn't matter
[*]I don't feel emotion at all

Contradicting yourself there.
Reply 49
Original post by medic_armadillo7
No, I am not taking the piss.

I was saying that to the other person, but never mind...

"I have a strange view of people. I see them as objects who can be discarded easily rather than emotional beings"
He lacks the ability to sympathise with occurs, not to directly cause them harm nor have any remorse for his actions.

Lack of sympathy is not a 'symptom' of autism. The inability to display sympathy is.

"I only care about myself and close people, everyone else doesn't matter" "I'm more interested in the event than the actual loss of life. Why should I care about some random folk?" He is more interested in the event happening than what is going on those affected.

What you described is autistic, what they described isn't. Most autistic people would still be pretty emotionally affected by some sort of tragedy.

"I don't care about sex any more because people use it as a scapegoat to show love when its all a farce. People do it for their own self gratification, nothing more, nothing less." This is not a trait that it commonly seen with those with anti-social personality disorders. However, lack of interest in sex and romance is quite common in people with an ASD.

Not being able to emotionally connect with others is a trait of sociopathy, though I do agree that a lack of interest in romantic and sexual relationships is also relatively high with autistic people.

"I'm not aggressive, I just sit back and let it play out." Being aggressive is one of the core features of a sociopath. They often are pre-diagnosed as having a conduct disorder and having had several run-ins with the law.

Not necessarily.

"I have evil thoughts all the time but never act on them. I'm not that stupid. Society doesn't take too kindly to those who act as nature intended but would rather people act by societies rules and be dictated to." Sociopaths have a lack of understanding and observing rules and boundaries. He has insight into the fact that his thoughts are evil. A sociopath would not.

True-ish. Though not all sociopaths are unaware of their surroundings and many are very sneaky in getting around these barriers. Also, how does this make him autistic?

Sociopaths generally have anger issues, are impulsive, and can lack insight into their behaviour. He realises what he is doing. If it was a sociopathic issue, he would have known about it years ago or would be in jail.

Again, true-ish. Though, sociopaths aren't known for their insight.

Original post by Rob19
You can be autistic and a sociopath. There's no 'connection' as such, but its perfectly feasible that one can be both. The OP clearly has autistic aspects to their personality (I say this as someone who has aspergers but is not 'evil').

Of course, but people are saying that they are autistic rather than being a sociopath, which is clearly a pretty ridiculous thing to say.
(edited 12 years ago)
im amazed by the number of people trying to medicalise OP with some sort of clinical diagnosis... i think he just has a more realistic view of the world

we live in a world of delusion ...and this thread is evidence of it.
Reply 51
You're the new Sylar from Heroes.
Reply 52

Reasons I am not normal

I can relate to the majority of the things you have mentioned. We all see people we have no emotional attachment to as objects to a certain extent, otherwise whenever people watched the news they would be utterly traumatised knowing that someone had been kidnapped or a child had starved in Africa as it would be like losing a member of your own family. If people saw everyone as emotional beings they would feel compelled to give nearly all their belongings to help those in need, but we would rather spend it on a more expensive holiday instead. Nearly all British citizens are guilty of this, even many people from Christian families.

I too take interest in the sick and twisted characters in films, not because I can relate to them though, more the opposite. It fascinates me to see how psychopaths minds work, what they are capable of doing and why they became how they are. I like to have all the details of the devastation of a terrorist attack when I hear about it, purely because I find it interesting and I want to get a feel for what it would have been like to be there, sometimes forgetting how tragic the loss of life is but at the same time it does make me sad to see people suffer.

Personally, I think you are a normal guy. A lot of what you have mentioned is completely obvious that there are lots of people out there with the same feelings, but not necessarily most people.

I think to draw the line, you need to consider the situation that if you had the opportunity to make another person sad or suffer without them knowing it was you and with no impact on you or others you care about, would you do it? If you would sacrifice your desire to see another person be sad because of the impact it would have on their life then that is a clear demonstration that you are not evil, or a psychopath.

You do have emotions. Use them and be happy. :smile:
Reply 53
psychopath/sociopath or troll.
Reply 54
Original post by Foo.mp3
Ayn rand would be proud :emog:

:lol: Shame I ran out of rep.
If I'm negged, then that means that you love me and want me to exude my semen into your mouth until you disgorge it all out.
(edited 12 years ago)
You're Patrick Bateman?

Reasons I am not normal

If you actually felt any of those things, then you would not be making this post as you would not care :rolleyes:

1/10 thread
You autistic?................. or just an attention seeker?
Original post by Jimbo1234
If you actually felt any of those things, then you would not be making this post as you would not care :rolleyes:

1/10 thread

^^^^Logic WIN^^^^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending