Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

xbox live :'(

Announcements Posted on
Complete this short survey for a chance to win an iPad mini! 22-09-2014
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So, everything in general usually works really well with regarding to xbox live, but i went home for like a week and when i came back and tried to play it said an update was needed but it was unavailable. And then on the connection test it said that it cannot connect to xbox live :/ No idea why as it worked fine before

Any ideas of what i can do?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    error code 397F 0000 3080 0300 8007 2741

Thinking it's something to do with resnet...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luciet2009)
    error code 397F 0000 3080 0300 8007 2741

Thinking it's something to do with resnet...
    Saw the Same issue with GFWL Marketplace, but I can sign in.

This is likely to be the cause... http://www.lancs.ac.uk/iss/gatechange

ISS are (finally) removing the webcache/proxy from the interface with the rest of the world, as they have other monitors in place. There will be complaints/hiccups along the way, but it means that NAT services don't work that well at the moment. Hold with it, things will be easier eventually.

Regards,

Tathrim
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    We (in networking anyway) are always happy to hold our hands up and say it's a fair cop. This time I doubt it's us, mainly because I haven't actually changed ResNet yet. This has just bust because MS have presumably changed something else to be none proxy compliant.

I do the work to remove the proxy requirement from ResNet tomorrow morning at 7am, during which ResNet will loose access to the internet/network for a brief period.

I suspect Xbox Live will play ball after it... if it doesn't.... well... we'll have to dig into that more but I doubt they'd be much more we could do to make it work.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Also I'd just like to touch on the NAT not working well. You often have problems at the moment because there's too much NAT data for the device to cope with. We're replacing the device which does that NAT as well as removing the webcache requirements.

But as always, this is not going to make "Strict NAT" go away permanently. We can likely never do this.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ISS Monkey 2)
    Also I'd just like to touch on the NAT not working well. You often have problems at the moment because there's too much NAT data for the device to cope with. We're replacing the device which does that NAT as well as removing the webcache requirements.

But as always, this is not going to make "Strict NAT" go away permanently. We can likely never do this.
    My bad, this seems like an odd move from MS, in that case.

Thanks for the response.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone want to give this a go now and feed back?

M2.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ISS Monkey 2)
    Anyone want to give this a go now and feed back?

M2.
    GFWL works as normal, so I assume that Xbox LIVE will as well.

EDIT: this is using no proxy settings.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It seems to be working now, thanks for the information guys
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey I have Xbox as well, and when I got a new one it wouldn't let me download the necessary update when I was on campus. The error code was 80151103. It wouldn't let me download my profile or connect to xbox live...anyway Microsoft were bloody useless, so if you ever get it, just go to a friend's house (off campus) with an open nat type, and it worked there! Now I don't have any problems, aside from trying to connect with other people with a Strict Nat Type :/
    Feel free to add me on xbox, be cool to know other Lanc Uni people with Live :P PickVanCleef is my gt :P

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 5, 2012
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.