The Student Room Group

where do i go from here

hello everyone.

well i need a bit of advice

so a while back there was a girl i met. It was via some programme i was sorta doing in preparation for uni. I didn't really talk to her much because i'm not really brimming with confidence, don't get me wrong i'm not someone who sits in the corner silent, but i'm hardly the centre of attention in social situations. But i think its safe to say i had some sort of feelings for her. Not much at this stage.
it turned out she was friends with a couple of my friends, who also came on the same programme as me (but i had known them since before it). My friends organised a few gatherings with people from this programme and she was invited. I did manage to chat with her a bit more but nothing of great significance really.
The gatherings stopped before long and I haven't seen her after then. I'm still friends with the friends I mentioned before but anything we do always seems to be just us hanging out and no one else.
Apologies if i sound cheesy, but shes been on my mind ever since. Its a bit worrying because I've had 'crushes' before(who hasn't) but this is a bit more.. intense? and she has probably forgotten i even exist which isn't ideal.
my question is, where do i go from here?
do I just move on and put this out of my mind? or do I actually pursue it? and how would i go about pursuing this if thats the case?
i don't feel its healthy to just let it be as it is... so something has to change
the thing is though.. i wish i could just 'put it out of my mind' i really do, but its not as simple as that unfortunately :frown:

any advice would be welcomed :redface:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
hello everyone.

well i need a bit of advice

so a while back there was a girl i met. It was via some programme i was sorta doing in preparation for uni. I didn't really talk to her much because i'm not really brimming with confidence, don't get me wrong i'm not someone who sits in the corner silent, but i'm hardly the centre of attention in social situations. But i think its safe to say i had some sort of feelings for her. Not much at this stage.
it turned out she was friends with a couple of my friends, who also came on the same programme as me (but i had known them since before it). My friends organised a few gatherings with people from this programme and she was invited. I did manage to chat with her a bit more but nothing of great significance really.
The gatherings stopped before long and I haven't seen her after then. I'm still friends with the friends I mentioned before but anything we do always seems to be just us hanging out and no one else.
Apologies if i sound cheesy, but shes been on my mind ever since. Its a bit worrying because I've had 'crushes' before(who hasn't) but this is a bit more.. intense? and she has probably forgotten i even exist which isn't ideal.
my question is, where do i go from here?
do I just move on and put this out of my mind? or do I actually pursue it? and how would i go about pursuing this if thats the case?
i don't feel its healthy to just let it be as it is... so something has to change
the thing is though.. i wish i could just 'put it out of my mind' i really do, but its not as simple as that unfortunately :frown:

any advice would be welcomed :redface:

When did you last speak to her? I'm getting the impression that it was quite a long time ago though, so I think it's probably best to leave it because you may come across as being a bit creepy if you just suddenly start contacting her.
Reply 2
Original post by MrBleh95
When did you last speak to her? I'm getting the impression that it was quite a long time ago though, so I think it's probably best to leave it because you may come across as being a bit creepy if you just suddenly start contacting her.

yeah it would be creepy haha so thats why i kinda ruled it out to randomly contact her..

and erm probably December-ish
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
yeah it would be creepy haha so thats why i kinda ruled it out to randomly contact her..

and erm probably December-ish

Yeah I'd say that's too long ago. Personally I'd leave it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending