That stuff on the ferry..

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Linky..

http://mancunianmatters.co.uk/conten...nt-incidents-p

anyone wanna own up? Or know who it was?

What was going on?...
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Netball, Football, Hockey and Rugby (some UoM, some MMU) from what I have heard on the (very reliable, in this case) grapevine, although they tried to pin it on SKUM (skiing). Apparently it wasn't as bad as the papers have made out though.

I won't be impressed if the ferry companies permanently ban student groups from using the ferries though - if that happens, then the stupid actions of a small minority will cost everyone an awful lot of money.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Probably ought to add that some of the blame really does lie with the ferry companies - they should make like airlines and not allow people who are obviously drunk onboard. Even P&O admits they were obviously drunk before they boarded, so I don't know why they thought it was going to pass without incident.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    Probably ought to add that some of the blame really does lie with the ferry companies - they should make like airlines and not allow people who are obviously drunk onboard. Even P&O admits they were obviously drunk before they boarded, so I don't know why they thought it was going to pass without incident.
    Old thread, I know, but point needs to be made - ferry companies don't see their passengers at any point before they get onboard - especially if they're on a coach. P&O reps don't get on every coach prior to their leaving to see who's on and what state they're in.

What is puzzling is how they were drunk in the first place. Vast majority of coach companies don't allow drinking on the coach and they were about 7hrs out of Manchester.

A lot of mistakes have been with this incident, all the way from th students themselves to P&O. I'd be amazed if they were allowed a trip next year.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 16, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Manchester Unis Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.