Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Would you die to rescue someone?

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What if you save them and they wanted to commit suicide... they may want to kill you anyway.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    It depends on who it is.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would die to save my mum/dad or a select few of my siblings.

I'm not afraid of death, as long as its short and sweet. Yeah when you're dead it signalls the end of the road, but you won't witness this.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its impossible to tell until it actually presents itself, then your true colours come through. I would like to think i would try my utmost to save an infant but to be fair when your in that situation do you really have the rationality to stop and think and calculate the worth of someones life?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its an interesting thought. You could spend ages thinking about what you'd do in such a situation, but you're thinking about it from the comfort of your surroundings. In such a situation, you're usually likely to have a reflex response that doesn't involve conscious thought and so you probably wouldn't create the same scene in your head as what you do in the heat of the moment.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    To praise my self, I rescued a friend who drowned in the water
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I couldn`t sleep one morning so went for a run around the nature reserve. I heard a dog barking and saw it in the canal. Then heard moaning and saw a youth up to his neck (kneeling) in the water. He was too far gone to help me if I tried to pull him out and I figured that if I went in to support him, then there would be 2 people stuck. And it was 5 am so it could have been ages before anyone else came. When I took life saving classes, we were taught that rule 1 is you do not drown. So I ran back to the car and called the police from a call box. They turned up without a rope or a clue and called the fire brigade.
    The kid had gone in the night before to get his dog and had been in the water for over 5 hours. Luckily he was ok.
    I think I made the correct decision, but I would have felt awful if he had drowned while I was away.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    If I knew from the beginning that rescuing him/her would cost my life, yes, but only for family and *very* close friends. For anyone else, I think it depends on the state of mind in that situation.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, it depends on the person and the situation.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I won't know until I'm tested. I just hope I'm never tested.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 18, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.