The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I *think* Birmingham have a 6A* policy, but you would have to ask someone who has gotten an offer, or read the prospectus!
Reply 2
grrr bham uni put so much on GCSE grades!!! so looks like i'm moving out for uni...
thx fluffy
Reply 3
linksys
is it worth applying to bham if you have 4A*s and 5As at GCSE and AAA Alevels? it's cuz i heard that bham look at GCSEs more than any other uni. Also, the medical admissions tutor told me that the unofficial GCSE requirements were 6A*s...

yea i think it is something like 6 or 5 a*s.it may be wise to apply somewhere that doesnt have that level of grades, instead of wasting an application.
I doubt one A* would make the difference between a good candidate and a bad candidate for medicine. It sounds like b******t to me, but what do I know...
The word is that Chris Lote hasn't been interviewing anyone with less than 6A*s at GCSE and predicted AAA at A-level. Not entirely sure how much truth there is in that though - I never asked!

Still, if it feels dodgy, DON'T WASTE AN APPLICATION, lots of people this year have been angry at being rejected because of unofficial, unpublished requirements. You only get four choices!
Reply 6
there is a lot of truth in it. DONT APPLY if you don't have 6 A*s. I made that mistake this year and am regretting it badly.
Reply 7
Dont aply to birmingham if you're not predicted AAA either. I was rejected back in january for that reason, and i have heard of people with less than 6 A*s being rejected because of their gcses. I think there is a tiny number of people who get interviews who don't meet the requirements but its not really worth the risk...

Latest

Trending

Trending