Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Experimental short-movie"EGO" (2012) - Dublin - Irlande

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    "EGO" is an experimental short film about dream and personality.
    It tells the story of a man who wishes to figure out the meaning of his dream and ends up discovering new insights on his personnality.

It's my first production.

THE LINK: https://vimeo.com/39637196

Don't hesitate to comment it.

Enjoy.

Written & produced by Thomas Loas & Romain Ducassé.
    © RisingMind Productions.
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    First of all thank you for posting this video. I have got to say that there is certainly a lot of intelligent thought and work that has gone into this story. There are a few issues, but I'll begin by highlighting the main positives. The use of a book as some kind of key theme throughout the work helped to ensure continuity, but also helped to provide some kind of link throughout each of the scenes. A lot of the acting was good with only a few issues here and there. The music chosen fitted perfectly to the storyline. There was some good development of a plot throughout the piece. The use of the variety of angles worked well. I liked the scene with the nodding off and the second time when we thought that he would go to sleep he didn't - I loved the play on the rather cliched scene type of falling to sleep. I also liked how you made it clear the source of the soundtrack.

While there are many positives and the above are just what I remember, I feel at times the actor doesn't really make the actions believable - especially at the start. The storyline isn't always obvious really and there's almost the idea of why does he do action X that isn't explained? If there are dream sequences, make them clearer. If not, try to remove that ambiguity more.

A great piece of film and I think that there's a lot of promise here. I look forward to viewing your next video,

toronto353

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 13, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.