The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

enough to pack a whole huge amount of condoms.
I filled 2 small cases, 3 large handbags, 2 medium/large cases, a few plastic crates, few carrier bags, 2 bin bags, washing basket plus things like my tv, PS3, speakers etc which went in their own boxes... had to use my dads work van aha. My parents took back all of the suitcases/boxes with them apart from one small case which I used for visiting home.

I'm trying not to take quite so much this year :p:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by Contrad!ction.
People with desktop computers: how did you transport them? I've got to work out how to lug two monitors, speakers with a sub, the tower unit (with a side that's perpetually falling off), keyboard, mouse, quite a large printer, a remote control plus loads of cables. It's the bigger things I'm worried about as they'll probably slide about if I'm not careful. Specifically, LCD monitor protection. No idea how I'm going to transport the USB connector for my wireless keyboard/mouse as I'm almost definitely going to lose it if I'm not careful.

I have no suitcases, so I'll be using loads of boxes (thankfully, Amazon seem to package everything like Russian dolls, so I've acquired a few recently). Probably labelling each box and being really organised, if I can manage it. I've also got a couple of large bags.

I'll try to take a picture of all my stuff on the 22nd of Sept when it's in the van.

You don't really need two monitors.
Keep the USB connector in your purse.
Reply 83
Trufax.

I've got a brand new 23 inch LED monitor... I think I'll keep it in its box, just to be safe.
I haven't left yet (Or really started packing) but this is what I plan on taking:
-1 medium suitcase + one large backpack of clothes. I plan to basically chuck everything out of the case as soon as I get there and give it back to mum to take home, keep the backpack for visits.
-2 boxes of kitchen stuff including small frying pan, wok, large + small saucepans and various utensils. And plates/glasses/cutlery. Mum went a but mental so I have a lot of this.
-1 box of books/stationery
-1 box of toiletries and bedlinen, and 2 large towels + 2 hand towels.
-1 laundry bag + laundry stuff (washing tablets, iron, ironing pad that kind of thing)
-1 mattress protector/duvet/set of pillows.
-1 box of random decoratey/homely crap
-1 box of shoes (I cant pick what to take)
plus I think 3/4 handbags (I'm justifying this because 3 of them are big enough for a folder so I can use them for shopping and for lectures :tongue:)
aaand some tea/coffee/sugar/milk/alcohol and some kitchen cupboard things like flour/pasta/tinned stuff for the first week since I doubt I'll go out food shopping then.

I worry that it might be a little much, especially with the amount of kitchen stuff I have that will inevitably get used by everyone else, but I don't mind so much since I don't have to drag it all back home with me for Christmas which is relief. I also doubt it will all fit into my mums car with me/her/my stepdad but luckily my stepdad has a truck, so if worst comes to worst and it doesn't fit we can always travel in that and stick it in the back with a tarp over everything :tongue:
Original post by Contrad!ction.
People with desktop computers: how did you transport them? I've got to work out how to lug two monitors, speakers with a sub, the tower unit (with a side that's perpetually falling off), keyboard, mouse, quite a large printer, a remote control plus loads of cables. It's the bigger things I'm worried about as they'll probably slide about if I'm not careful. Specifically, LCD monitor protection. No idea how I'm going to transport the USB connector for my wireless keyboard/mouse as I'm almost definitely going to lose it if I'm not careful.

I have no suitcases, so I'll be using loads of boxes (thankfully, Amazon seem to package everything like Russian dolls, so I've acquired a few recently). Probably labelling each box and being really organised, if I can manage it. I've also got a couple of large bags.

I'll try to take a picture of all my stuff on the 22nd of Sept when it's in the van.

When my ex moved into our old flat, he wrapped his monitors in his duvet to help protect them. I don't know if that's something that would work for you. Do bear in mind though, that all that stuff will probably take up your entire desk space. I'm not saying don't take it, just expect your room to feel cluttered. Also, are you planning on transporting it all back a christmas/easter?
Reply 86
I had one big 80L suitcase and a travel bag. Other than that I had a huge plastic bag (~300L) in which I put all sorts of stuff from my bedding to laundry basket to everything else. Then I had a shoulder bag, laptop bag, rucksack, a cardboard box with my printer inside, a drawer set, bean bag, and thats about it.
Reply 87
Original post by Lintu93
I had an entire suitcase just for shoes. :facepalm:

That's so me😂😂
Original post by Purp12
That's so me😂😂

You've just bumped an 8-year-old thread, again :frown:

Thread closed.

Latest

Trending

Trending