Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What habbits have you got while driving?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have two:

1. I hold the bottom of the of the steering wheel (not when I'm turning, obviously lol)

2. I always nibble on my lower lip:confused:... I have no idea why lol.:cool:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm awful... I ride the clutch.
    Oh, and I'm so lazy changing gears - can't do much for the engine. Pulling away in 3rd a lot of the time - oops.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I stick my tongue out! Whenever I'm doing anything tricky (and I've only been driving a few weeks, so that's pretty much anything), I can't concentrate unless I stick my tongue out.

Also, I'm dreadful at knowing what gear I'm in o.O it's fairly common for me to look down, find myself in first gear and not have a clue how I got there.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oli-Ol)
    I stick my tongue out! Whenever I'm doing anything tricky (and I've only been driving a few weeks, so that's pretty much anything), I can't concentrate unless I stick my tongue out.

Also, I'm dreadful at knowing what gear I'm in o.O it's fairly common for me to look down, find myself in first gear and not have a clue how I got there.

Sometimes I forget what gear I'm in too and I'll have to look down lol..

I also think my habbit of nibbling my lower lip is to do with concentration. I've only been driving for about 2weeks now so everything is kinda tricky to me too
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie1805)
    I'm awful... I ride the clutch.
    Oh, and I'm so lazy changing gears - can't do much for the engine. Pulling away in 3rd a lot of the time - oops.
    I've only pulled away once in 3rd gear since I've passed my test, it was by accident. I didn't stall but it took me ages to pick up speed lol. I like going through the gears, it's fun!. I would hate to drive an automatic car, they seem so boring.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Letting go of the steering wheel when stationary at roundabouts
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlasgowRangers)
    I've only pulled away once in 3rd gear since I've passed my test, it was by accident. I didn't stall but it took me ages to pick up speed lol. I like going through the gears, it's fun!. I would hate to drive an automatic car, they seem so boring.
    I assume you're a new driver? Lol
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I ride the clutch ALL the time. Its so bad. Burnt the clutch out on my old car. Oops.
    I hold the bottom of the wheel or drive with one hand. Sometimes i have a drink and occasionally change my music or check my phone :/ dont always stick to the speed limit on motorways/big main roads but im always reallly slow through villages! Cant parallel park anymore either so just try to ram in it. Id defo fail my test if i took it again.

I also sing very loudly if im alone (or with my boyfriend) and then people look at me if im in a queue...

Always indicate at roundabouts though! Wooo one good thing
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I hook to the left and end up in the rough... :awesome:

:getmecoat:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie1805)
    I assume you're a new driver? Lol
    Yip
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    My mum has a terrible habbit of dancing in the car...a police-man actually came over to her once and told her off, actually saying 'you could have crashed while you were dancing in your car' she was absolutely mortified
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have really bad habits... I go into like "autopilot" when I do the same 40 minute drive to and from college 5 times a week where its like im daydreaming and I dont even notice im driving... one minute im just by my house and the next thing i know im coming on to the ring road in town.

Normally its not a problem as I drive perfectly fine while im under... and it even speeds up my journey in a way, its just sometimes I dont notice like a car breaking infront of me until the last moment and snap out of it and have to break really sharply... :/
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Since I fitted the new 4 barrel webber carb to my car, when there's a strech of straight open road I can't help myself putting my foot hard down to the floor.

The new carb has a throttle pump and secondary jets that open up just before WOT. So, effectively when you press the loud pedal down there's a great extra glug of fuel injected into the inlet manifold. Needless to say, it gives a nice "kick" of power in your back and there's a loud bark from the exhaust.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been told on a few occasions that I look like Im about to murder someone whilst I'm driving

I tend to rest my left arm on the gear stick and only use my right hand on the wheel, it's comfier that way

I also have a habit of daydreaming whilst driving. Its weird because I still make the journey safely but its a habit I need to get out of
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Road rage. When people pull out in front of me and don't put their foot down I shout at them.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I find myself always turning the steering wheel especially in roundabouts
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tobeamedic)
    I find myself always turning the steering wheel especially in roundabouts
    Good idea actually :holmes: I tend to just go over the top of them, wrecking my tyres tbh, I may try your way.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    i do a full lock using the heel of my hand, - noticed it last night whilst learning to do a three point turn.

Ive had 7 hours worth of lessons and thats it.

Its a habit ive picked up from being a passenger in a car with my mate for years
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    The new carb has a throttle pump and secondary jets that open up just before WOT. So, effectively when you press the loud pedal down there's a great extra glug of fuel injected into the inlet manifold. Needless to say, it gives a nice "kick" of power in your back and there's a loud bark from the exhaust.
    You know 99.9% of people on this forum have no idea what that means! Also why not a set of ITB`s such as the jenvey`s? these fit into the dcoe flange.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jwp14)
    I have really bad habits... I go into like "autopilot" when I do the same 40 minute drive to and from college 5 times a week where its like im daydreaming and I dont even notice im driving... one minute im just by my house and the next thing i know im coming on to the ring road in town.

Normally its not a problem as I drive perfectly fine while im under... and it even speeds up my journey in a way, its just sometimes I dont notice like a car breaking infront of me until the last moment and snap out of it and have to break really sharply... :/
    I do this a lot too. It's quite concerning

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 27, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.