Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Report from the Foreign Secretary

Announcements Posted on
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I can't find any reason to oppose this. Well done to the rt. honourable member for a well thought out statement.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Factortame case, If EU has a competence then EU Law is supreme over National Law
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    Factortame case, If EU has a competence then EU Law is supreme over National Law
    Not in TSR Land. The Canon Amendment states that this House and its laws are supreme over EU Law and reforms could be made to the Canon Amendment to simply ignore what you've stated.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    I agree, but let's not weaken the economy further.
    Well that was nice and circular.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obi_adorno_kenobi)
    Well that was nice and circular.
    There were probably a couple of detours in our journey though and the route wasn't exactly smooth.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toronto353)
    There were probably a couple of detours in our journey though and the route wasn't exactly smooth.
    Well all I will say at the end of the journey is thank god this kind of government doesn't yet exist in real life. I already want to leave the UK for good as it is, this kind of thing might just add suicide to the equation!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    So in short, removal from the EU without wanting to deal with rejection in a referendum again.

No.
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    A big fat AYE from me.
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    Liking the part about the Commonwealth and I'd like to thank the Foreign and Commonwealth Secretary to taking my suggestions into consideration. It's nice to see that UKIP is providing a dimension to the Government that listens to other parties and individuals.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXedixXx)
    Liking the part about the Commonwealth and I'd like to thank the Foreign and Commonwealth Secretary to taking my suggestions into consideration.
    Yes because your comments on Canada was what made him write about the Commonwealth :rolleyes:
    • 24 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Yes because your comments on Canada was what made him write about the Commonwealth :rolleyes:
    No, why don't you try reading toronto's statement yourself? He specifically mentions opinions and comments from the house.
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eru Iluvatar)
    So in short, removal from the EU without wanting to deal with rejection in a referendum again.

No.
    This Government is not seeking full withdrawal from the EU. This Government is seeking to repatriate some powers back and will only do so with the consent of this House via votes on treaties. I am committed to engaging with the democratic processes of this House with regards to the repatriation of powers.

(Original post by xXedixXx)
    Liking the part about the Commonwealth and I'd like to thank the Foreign and Commonwealth Secretary to taking my suggestions into consideration. It's nice to see that UKIP is providing a dimension to the Government that listens to other parties and individuals.
    My department is one which is keen to adapt the suggestions of other parties. We have mentioned this policy specifically in our manifestos prior to the Canada comment, but I am willing to engage with other parties and work with them in order to come to a consensus which in beneficial to this country. I certainly think that leading UKIP which houses a variety of ideologies helps in this regard.
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested about these reforms to the MUN charter and of course to the position paper that are to be submitted.
    :holmes:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    On a touchscreen with limited wifi access, so can't rspond just now, but well done on putting so much effort into it Shall respond soon...
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    If you are seeking a new relationship with Europe which may mean repatriation of powers, perhaps achieved by opting out, can we start next month by opting out of the Eurovision Song Contest?
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    If you are seeking a new relationship with Europe which may mean repatriation of powers, perhaps achieved by opting out, can we start next month by opting out of the Eurovision Song Contest?
    The Eurovision Song Contest is related to the European Broadcasting Union which is unrelated to the EU :facepalm:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm eurosceptic precisely because of Eurovision. "Seriously? Azerbaijan?" :mad:
    Table a motion!
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JPKC)
    I'm eurosceptic precisely because of Eurovision. "Seriously? Azerbaijan?" :mad:
    Table a motion!
    You need to be a Member of the European Broadcasting Area or a Member of the Council of Europe to compete in the Eurovision Song Contest. :fyi:
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morgsie)
    You need to be a Member of the European Broadcasting Area or a Member of the Council of Europe to compete in the Eurovision Song Contest. :fyi:
    Don't get why countries as exotic as Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Israel etc. etc. are under any definition included as European!

On another note, how long until your Party have an answer for me on co-sponsoring that Bill?
    • 47 followers

ReputationRep:

An excellent idea. We'll establish the UKvision Song Contest with England, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland entering one act. At least our country as a whole is guaranteed to win then

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 16, 2012
New on TSR

What are your A-level predictions?

Join our AS and A2 results day chat thread

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.