The Student Room Group

Youths abuse McDonalds staff

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by green chica
Where the **** was the manager during all of this? Kick the ****heads out!

The/a manager was the female you can see with the beige shirt on

Original post by AJ Smiley
I work in McDonalds (not Wigan though) and we see this sorta thing all the time. People talk to you like scum because they think you must be thick to work in McD's. It's typical of the managers to go hide in the office when stuff kicks of or even when it gets busy! But yeah I've had food thrown at me, been spat on, somebody threatened to stab me, been called all sorts of names. The windows have been smashed a few times and I've had a group of like 12 year old boys taking pictures of my ass when I was clearing tables. Meh, this is pretty typical stuff after a football match. I've seen worse.

This. Friday & Saturday overnighters you just expect it... laugh it up I guess..
This appears to be the Standishgate branch McDonalds in Wigan town centre. Not all Wiganers are like this though. :smile:
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
To be honest I doubt these people are even good enough to work in there.

Although local branches rejected me over 20 times because I was overqualified.

Same :'( I'm thinking of lying and telling them my GCSEs were crap.
Probably upset that McDonalds don't serve pies.
Why is staff so hopeless at least do something about it.
Those no manner kid parent must slap them in face!
Reply 46
These kids look 15-16 years old. What the hell were they thinking? Hiding behind mob mentality?

It's a bit pathetic really.
Original post by MissLightyear
So this video is doing the rounds on facebook as I live near where it happened.

Basically a group of teenagers start chanting things like 'get your tits out for the lads' and calling the workers fat, all over a cheeseburger.

I dont understand how people can think this is acceptable behaviour in any way, and it makes you wonder how often the staff have to put up with incidents like this.

That is disgusting. I hope this video goes viral.
Reply 48
Meanwhile, man jumps in front of boat race for the sake of social equality. Because this is clearly a bunch of marginalised Oxbridge could-bes.
Reply 49
Original post by AdamskiUK
:L That's Wigan for you.

Played Rugby there a couple'a times and they were just a bunch of scouser scumbags. Which is strange, considering Wigan's closer to Manchester than Liverpool, but it's hardly any better :wink:

How can someone be a scouse scumbag if they are not from Liverpool :lolwut: You should probably join the chanting hordes with such a nonsensical statement.
Reply 50
I hope their parents see this. So they can see how atrociously their common children behave.
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
Yeah.

They know that particularly intelligent people are probably going to leave as soon as something else comes along.

Lies, I had 3 'A' A-levels, I know others accepted with 12A* gcse grades. There is a guy working part-time working towards his PhD . So pull the other one. :biggrin:

being rejected =/= over qualified.

Maybe the stores you applied to were simply not recruiting.

Back on topic: I would hate that in our store but drivethru is back enough with drunkards etc pretending to be cars, and in lobby fights, people jumping on tables.
oooooo you jumped over the counter omg rebel!

morons.

They're lucky this guy didn't work there.

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
Lies, I had 3 'A' A-levels, I know others accepted with 12A* gcse grades. There is a guy working part-time working towards his PhD . So pull the other one. :biggrin:

being rejected =/= over qualified.

Maybe the stores you applied to were simply not recruiting.

Back on topic: I would hate that in our store but drivethru is back enough with drunkards etc pretending to be cars, and in lobby fights, people jumping on tables.

I wouldn't have applied if there wasn't vacancies.

I did e-mail asking for feedback a few times and they did say overqualified.

I had interviews in other stores though. It really just depends on the individual manager you get.

But I do know this the only person I know that works in there left school at 16 with few qualifications.

No hard feelings though. I now work for a company that pays a much higher hourly rate.
Bloody morons desperately need jobs if they have the energy to abuse staff over something as trivial as a £1 cheeseburger.
****ing d****
Original post by PapaShmurff

morons.

Nice. The sad thing is though that he probably got in trouble for being heavy handed. I say good on the guy though, I bet it taught that rebel wannabe a lesson.
The guy at 1.30. What, the actual **** is he doing...:lolwut:
Original post by PapaShmurff

morons.

I shouldn't have laughed, but that was hilarious :rofl:
Reply 59
The majority of the people on that video go to my school. There was a party at an under 18s club that finished at 10pm and they went to McDonalds afterwards.

Bit embarrassed to be a teenager in Wigan at the moment, although I can't say I've ever been proud of it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending