Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever cheered during a fight?

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    You know the ones at school where two idiots start a fight and crowds surround them (mainly consisting of even bigger idiots) cheering them on and provoking them even more. Along the lines of "gwaan mayte get'em mayte, go go go!"
    Are they not as bad as the people in the fight?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm not ashamed to say I cheered on Rocky though.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nope. I'm more of a "OHH"/"AHH" guy.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    No. I have no desire yo see people fight. It's not interesting. A good MMA fight is one thing but people gathering round some kids shoving each other about is beyond me.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Used to chase fights all over..a bit of excitement. Took advantage in year 10 and 11, just used the diversion for short queues in the dining hall.
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been cheered on once, the once I actually got into a fight.

But when I see a crowd forming in a circle like that, its either one of two things:

1) Someone's injured.

2) X-Number of people are in a fight.

Neither of which are something that I want to spectate, let alone cheer on or muse over.

I know what you mean, though, its quite like apes cheering on leadership conflicts, much the same thing.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    No I hate violence.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I read this as flight and imagined a crazed airline passenger chanting 'easyjet, easyjet!' as the plane lands in gibralta...
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by angrydanmarin)
    I read this as flight and imagined a crazed airline passenger chanting 'easyjet, easyjet!' as the plane lands in gibralta...
    I read the same thing :teehee:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Not if its my mate ill try and break it up
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hell why not, the fights happening anyway may as well enjoy it ... maybe take a few bets ya know pretty standard
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    most people dont know how to fight.
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    I go to boxing events but no, not at school as there were no fights that I can recall witnessing. In terms of a street fight, people are not often aware of the damage a bare fist can cause, the entire point of the boxing glove was to spread the force of the punch.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Man)
    I read the same thing :teehee:
    Great minds bro, great minds.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by resentment.)
    most people dont know how to fight.
    This exactly. Swing-a-ling.

(Original post by M1F2R3)
    I go to boxing events but no, not at school as there were no fights that I can recall witnessing. In terms of a street fight, people are not often aware of the damage a bare fist can cause, the entire point of the boxing glove was to spread the force of the punch.
    Hmmm.... I wonder what causes more damage. One single punch to the face, consequently ending the fight instantaneously OR repeated smacks to the face over the duration of 10 rounds?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamboogy)
    This exactly. Swing-a-ling.

Hmmm.... I wonder what causes more damage. One single punch to the face, consequently ending the fight instantaneously OR repeated smacks to the face over the duration of 10 rounds?
    lots of swinging, yes, but also people dont know how to take a punch.

one single punch has the potential to cause more harm if if were to hit the neck, eye socket or back of the head. if you did the same with a pair of gloves you are more likely to knock someone out than cause long term injury.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    There was once a fight in a local club smoking area between 3 people I knew from school, 2 guys and a girl.
    In the altercation some beer got spilt on me so I decided to join in with the chant "You're not fighting any more!" when the bouncers broke it up.

I wouldn't chant during a fight though, I might break it up if it was just some booze fuelled altercation, but genuine fisticuffs between 2 blokes for a proper reason? Let em get on with it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just stand and watch usually, no cheering needed.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

I just want any reason to start laying people out without much consequence i hope
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pawsies)
    No I hate violence.
    Me too. Let us make love to each other.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 13, 2012
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Advice on everyday issues unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.